Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 11-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #81
Lord of Lombardi
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15247
Default Re: The Bitching Thread Part Deux

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
hey this is the bitching thread, so i have every right to bitch about fans who walk out on a game or turn off the tv to go workout instead of sticking with the team and not giving up hope or at least looking for a couple bright spots in the pile of shit. the roid thing was a joke...really? really??? guess your sarcasm detectors are broken... didn't mean to start a hissy fit...just pointing out that this guy claims he stopped watching at half time, then later on fesses up he turned the game back on. I don't get people who can't stomach watching a game when they are losing. Especially when it's 10-3 and your turning the game off???? REALLY?

go ahead and whine all you like, by all means don't let me interfere with your recovery process. I would hope a fan of this organization wouldn't turn their backs on their team when they are losing. But if that makes you a better fan than me congratulations, you are a shining example that I will forever try to exemplify.
Tell us again what defines a true fan as you did in your initial post? Your back peddling is confusing me. After all as you put it "I watch the game even when they are playing good teams" Are you seriously telling me that you are what we have to look forward to as a fellow fan? Now I know why we lost last night. NE must fan base must be laughing hysterically.
Lord of Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #82
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,335 Times in 2,901 Posts

Quote:
bandwagon jumper? no...old man? maybe...
Old man definitely and one who knows not to ever call out someone else for not meeting their own definiton of who is a true fan
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:45 PM   #83
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Lombardi View Post
Tell us again what defines a true fan as you did in your initial post? Your back peddling is confusing me. After all as you put it "I watch the game even when they are playing good teams" Are you seriously telling me that you are what we have to look forward to as a fellow fan? Now I know why we lost last night. NE must fan base must be laughing hysterically.
your not the only one who's confused...

umm who's backtracking??? i've said the same thing consistently in all my posts. i don't understand ppl that stop watching a game when the team is losing to a clearly better team and then get all angry and come online to whine and complain and list what needs to be fixed, like they are the next chuck noll (even while turning the game off at half). again, the difference between your type and my type. to each their own. if that's what get's you through the week without shooting your face off. btw here's you your initial post...
Quote:
I am sick and tired of seeing this team get owned by the cheaters every game.
translation... wahhh wahhh wahhh!! yeah new england's fan base is probably laughing at guys like you crying about always losing to the patriots. this is what i have to look forward to as a fellow fan?

but clearly your the type who always has to have the last word, so by all means......
carry on
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:54 PM   #84
finesward
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Old man definitely and one who knows not to ever call out someone else for not meeting their own definiton of who is a true fan
i'm not claiming to be a true fan, never did. just that i am a fan. i don't get how people can bitch about a team that looks disinterested, and then themselves become disinterested and turn the game off. your holding the players to a higher standard than you as a fan cheering for them. isn't that what a fan is? a person who supports a team? where is the support in turning off a game or walking out of the stadium early? now if you have perfectly reasonable excuses like waking up early, old age, roid rage , or anger management issues, then by all means turning off the game is the right thing to do.

i was talking to fire arians who claimed he turned the game off at half time. Now i know he is a fan because he ended up turning the game back on, as did scmom. If that's me backtracking, consider me backtracked...
Old 11-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #85
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
i'm not claiming to be a true fan, never did. just that i am a fan. i don't get how people can bitch about a team that looks disinterested, and then themselves become disinterested and turn the game off. your holding the players to a higher standard than you as a fan cheering for them.
It's supposed to be entertainment for me - it is a profession for them - if the customer does not like the performance (and I have paid enough for Sunday Ticket over the years to count as a customer) there is nothing wrong with changing the channel.

If how the Steelers play really means as much to you as it does to them and you believe fans need to be as committed to watching the game as the players do to playing it, get back to me only after you find your life that you apparently have misplaced
Old 11-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #86
btaylor179
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15251

this is where it all started last year kc oaklnd clevel.......hope this sunday is different but im worried about a number of thing.....pass rush,o line.dbs.KICKING game......we look terrible out there and with the miami game we were given we could easily be 5 and 4 or worse if we didnt hang in there against bungles
btaylor179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #87
finesward
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
It's supposed to be entertainment for me - it is a profession for them - if the customer does not like the performance (and I have paid enough for Sunday Ticket over the years to count as a customer) there is nothing wrong with changing the channel.

If how the Steelers play really means as much to you as it does to them and you believe fans need to be as committed to watching the game as the players do to playing it, get back to me only after you find your life that you apparently have misplaced
So your a fan of pittsburgh to be entertained? And when they are not entertaining you, you tune out. Fair enough. Kinda like paying 10 bucks to see a movie and then walking out because it's so bad. Difference is, it's not a movie, it's a sport. It's a team. There are different types of fans, those that take your stance, and those that take mine. To each his own. For 4 hours every sunday/monday (except the by week) for a few months out of the year, the steelers are my life. It's one of my many passions in life.
When we lost to the pats in 04, then came back the next year winning on the road to take the lombardi...that was special. Losing that game the way we lost this game last night was part of what made that special. Sunny days wouldn't be so nice unless it rained every once and a while.
You consider yourself a consumer, i consider myself a supporter. again. TO EACH THEIR OWN!! move on already... not asking anyone to do anything differently. just pointing out how differently us "fans" deal with bad games, i don't understand how you can rationale turning it off in the same way you would walk out of a bad movie, but that's just me.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:17 AM   #88
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
So your a fan of pittsburgh to be entertained? And when they are not entertaining you, you tune out. Fair enough. Kinda like paying 10 bucks to see a movie and then walking out because it's so bad. Difference is, it's not a movie, it's a sport. It's a team. There are different types of fans, those that take your stance, and those that take mine. To each his own. For 4 hours every sunday/monday (except the by week) for a few months out of the year, the steelers are my life. It's one of my many passions in life.
When we lost to the pats in 04, then came back the next year winning on the road to take the lombardi...that was special. Losing that game the way we lost this game last night was part of what made that special. Sunny days wouldn't be so nice unless it rained every once and a while.
You consider yourself a consumer, i consider myself a supporter. again. TO EACH THEIR OWN!! move on already... not asking anyone to do anything differently. just pointing out how differently us "fans" deal with bad games, i don't understand how you can rationale turning it off in the same way you would walk out of a bad movie, but that's just me.

Whatever - welcome to my ignore list
Old 11-16-2010, 07:25 AM   #89
finesward
Team Captain

aw shucks