Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-21-2010, 07:27 PM   #11
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850
Default Re: Seymour Apologizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action" - Ian Fleming

Ward got hit in the helmet in New Orleans and by New England - no flag

After the Clark penalty today I have given up any assumption these games are being called honestly
Today's game was just full of bullshit, but I can't go far enough to say conspiracy against the Steelers.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:25 PM   #12
jamesharrisonst
Water Boy

Member Number: 17334

I Am 44 and watching NFL for 35 years, this was the most abysmal and blatant officiating I have ever seen. It was like trying to fix a fight were one boxer is so dominant that you just cant fix it.
WE need to rally around as a Steeler Nation , We have the numbers to hurt the NFL FINANCIALLY and hard, lets right nowcome up with a plan to hurt the NFL by some kinda boycot to cripple them. Then we must spread the plan like wildfire( Money Talks)
jamesharrisonst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #13
whitt
Water Boy

Member Number: 16155

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
He should have apologized to the Steelers as well. To me, this was no apology and sounds like he's just looking for sympathy. Oh, poor me.
I don`t think so. As a local fan here in Oakland, Seymour is a gentleman off the field and even had huge praises for Ben last week when talking to reporters. He fkd up big time in being stupid and got himself kicked out of the game which I`m positive he regrets. He let his team down when at the time, the Raiders were only 2 scores down with a full half to go. As it is, it wasn`t a career ending neck breaking hit........it was a punch....nothing else. How many of you are as old as me and remember the "old" Steelers/Raiders games? lol. Today was sandlot play compared to the old days....lol
whitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:43 PM   #14
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitt View Post
I don`t think so. As a local fan here in Oakland, Seymour is a gentleman off the field and even had huge praises for Ben last week when talking to reporters. He fkd up big time in being stupid and got himself kicked out of the game which I`m positive he regrets. He let his team down when at the time, the Raiders were only 2 scores down with a full half to go. As it is, it wasn`t a career ending neck breaking hit........it was a punch....nothing else. How many of you are as old as me and remember the "old" Steelers/Raiders games? lol. Today was sandlot play compared to the old days....lol

I guess the thing that Steelers fans are looking for (as most other fans, i believe want too..), is consistency.
I personally don't think Seymour should be fined or suspended at all. Its all part of the game...a man's game. A tough game.
But lets use Harrison. Or even Woodley. I guess the issue here is that if they do the same thing, its akin to murder being committed, followed by fines + suspensions.
I don't think many Pittsburgh fans are upset with Seymour and in the big scheme of things, it was a very small play in a huge mess of BS today....however, they are VERY upset with the refs and though they won big, its almost unsatisfying. We would have rather won 20-17 with fair officiating.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:54 PM   #15
whitt
Water Boy

Member Number: 16155

Quote:
I guess the thing that Steelers fans are looking for (as most other fans, i believe want too..), is consistency.
I personally don't think Seymour should be fined or suspended at all. Its all part of the game...a man's game. A tough game.
But lets use Harrison. Or even Woodley. I guess the issue here is that if they do the same thing, its akin to murder being committed, followed by fines + suspensions.
I don't think many Pittsburgh fans are upset with Seymour and in the big scheme of things, it was a very small play in a huge mess of BS today....however, they are VERY upset with the refs and though they won big, its almost unsatisfying. We would have rather won 20-17 with fair officiating.
You`re right......look at these hits of the old days...

whitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:07 PM   #16
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,246 Times in 2,690 Posts

Quote:
well said, TRH .
Old 11-21-2010, 09:29 PM   #17
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:
I have to disagree on this point. I believe he should be fined and suspended. What he did had nothing to do with playing the game. The play was clearly over. Seymour was pissed and assaulted an unsuspecting player. Not a thing "manly" about it, imo.

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:16 AM   #18
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

That punch deserves a one game suspension!
Old 11-22-2010, 12:32 AM   #19
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
That punch deserves a one game suspension!
It won't happen. He was ejected and that's all that will happen. He may get a fine. The league could care less about a punch as chicken shit as it was after the play and all.

They are more worried about liability. They have to show they are doing something to prevent concussion causing hits as they are fearful of future law suits. That's what all this BS is about.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:15 AM   #20
ricksteelers55
Team Captain

Member Number: 3104

Huuhhh come on people ??? The guy made a mistake and apologized for it so let's move on.This is football not bowling
ricksteelers55 is offline   Reply With Quote