Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
ozzfest567
Water Boy

Member Number: 17339
Default What were the fans chanting yesterday at the Steelers-Raiders game?

I couldnt make it out, anybody know?
ozzfest567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,912 Times in 2,994 Posts
Default Re: What were the fans chanting yesterday at the Steelers-Raiders game?

"refs, you suck"
Old 11-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
ozzfest567
Water Boy

Member Number: 17339

thank you so much. every time i heard it, the damn announcers started talking, and i couldnt understand it
ozzfest567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Yep. That's what they were saying. I've heard it before, but never before at Heinz Field that I can remember.
Well deserved chant in my opinion.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

THIS JUST IN

Steelers fans fined for booing

Carl Johnson, NFL Head of Officiating announced Monday that all Pittsburgh Steelers fans that attended Sunday's game at Heinz Field will be fined $135,000 for questioning the officials' authority. In addition, Steelers linebacker James Harrison will also be fined $275,000 because fans booed the loudest when he was penalized for sacking Jason Campbell a split second after throwing the ball, a penalty that overruled an interception return for a touchdown because as an NFL rule, officals must always remove one touchdown per game from the Steelers' score. The officials reserve the right to choose which touchdown is retracted.

"We can't have fans booing officials who make bad calls during games," said Johnson. "Since an average of 5%-8% of officiating is actually correct, allowing fans to boo calls could result in a deafening clamor that could drown out the incoherent analysis of Cris Collinsworth, Jon Gruden and all of the other color commentators whose opinions are the real reason fans tune in on Sundays."

NFL Commissioner and devoted Nazi sympathizer Roger Goodell agreed. "Any fans heard booing officials during any NFL game will be removed from the stadium, slapped with a $125,000 fine, and suspended from ever attending another game in their lives, except for games played in England," said Goodell. "We're also looking into installing devices in HDTVs and cable boxes so that fans at home can also be monitored and fined accordingly. We believe that the NFL will rake in approximately $789.7 trillion this year in fines; a new record. We're very happy about that."

In addition to the fan-related fine, Harrison was also fined $2.75 million for the actual hit on Campbell. In addition, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was fined $750,000 after a punch from his jaw broke Oakland Raider Richard Seymour's fist.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #6
toughsticks87
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14874

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post
THIS JUST IN

Steelers fans fined for booing

Carl Johnson, NFL Head of Officiating announced Monday that all Pittsburgh Steelers fans that attended Sunday's game at Heinz Field will be fined $135,000 for questioning the officials' authority. In addition, Steelers linebacker James Harrison will also be fined $275,000 because fans booed the loudest when he was penalized for sacking Jason Campbell a split second after throwing the ball, a penalty that overruled an interception return for a touchdown because as an NFL rule, officals must always remove one touchdown per game from the Steelers' score. The officials reserve the right to choose which touchdown is retracted.

"We can't have fans booing officials who make bad calls during games," said Johnson. "Since an average of 5%-8% of officiating is actually correct, allowing fans to boo calls could result in a deafening clamor that could drown out the incoherent analysis of Cris Collinsworth, Jon Gruden and all of the other color commentators whose opinions are the real reason fans tune in on Sundays."

NFL Commissioner and devoted Nazi sympathizer Roger Goodell agreed. "Any fans heard booing officials during any NFL game will be removed from the stadium, slapped with a $125,000 fine, and suspended from ever attending another game in their lives, except for games played in England," said Goodell. "We're also looking into installing devices in HDTVs and cable boxes so that fans at home can also be monitored and fined accordingly. We believe that the NFL will rake in approximately $789.7 trillion this year in fines; a new record. We're very happy about that."

In addition to the fan-related fine, Harrison was also fined $2.75 million for the actual hit on Campbell. In addition, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was fined $750,000 after a punch from his jaw broke Oakland Raider Richard Seymour's fist.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:02 PM   #7
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Glad you liked it. I decided to make a thread for it too. I think we should start a fake news forum here for this kind of stuff because it's fun to put together.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:22 PM   #8
Lord of Lombardi
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15247

Was there and part of the chanting "Refs, You SUCK"

I also never heard that at Heinz Field and since that was the worst called game in history, it was well deserved. Just got back to York, PA Monday afternoon and already had my fine from "Go to Hell Goddell" in my mail box. The reason stated "for hurting our refs feelings during an NFL game." And yes, NFL was spelled out . NOW FOR LADIES........ I knew the game would change when they started these BS rules, this is just the beginning. The hard working, Defensive teams will hurt the most since they know hitting hard will change games. Not anymore. NFL (NOW FLAG LEAGUE) And only Hockey was left.
Lord of Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:59 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,912 Times in 2,994 Posts

i went to my 1st nba game last year (orlando vs spurs) and joined in on a well deserved "refs you suck" chant. i was suprised how loud it was cause i had never heard it like that over the TV.

i definitely heard the crowd in pgh over the airwaves.