Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-24-2010, 01:14 AM   #21
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,378 Times in 3,511 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: T. Ocho Calls Big Ben "Soft"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsfanAZ View Post
Ben dropped like a rag doll. Clearly faking. No way he can stand in the pocket and throw the ball with lineman all over him but then drop like a rock from a swat.
go watch a boxing match and see what happens when someone gets hit in the chin
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:46 AM   #22
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

I think it's funny that TO says this kind of shit this week in particular. If you go to the Photo of the Week section on the NFL homepage, you'll see shots of both Ben and TO. Ben looks like a total baddass as he is plowing his way into the endzone like a freight train. Meanwhile, TO is grasping at thin air while a Bills defensive back is picking off a pass that was clearly intended for TO.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:07 AM   #23
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
go watch a boxing match and see what happens when someone gets hit in the chin
Ben wasn't hit in the chin to begin with and boxers don't wear helmets with face masks either.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:11 AM   #24
Third Rail
Team Captain

He didn't hit him in the helmet, he punched through the opening and hit him in the face.

I'd like to see how many of you would still be standing after a 6'6", 310 lb. defensive end hits you in the face.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #25
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post
He didn't hit him in the helmet, he punched through the opening and hit him in the face.

I'd like to see how many of you would still be standing after a 6'6", 310 lb. defensive end hits you in the face.
Seymour didn't punch him. His hand was open and he shoved him in the face mask. Watch the video.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/11/21/r...sberger-video/

No way a guy this big would be able to get his fist though a face mask. If he did, Ben's nose would have exploded.
I'm not excusing Seymour for what he did but we don't have to exaggerate either.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:02 AM   #26
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,145 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

It's possible he hit him (maybe not fully) in the throat as well. That would certainly be enough to stop you in your tracks for a minute or two.

Or he could have just been embellishing a little. Who knows. Either way it was a douchebag move by Seymour and clearly out of frustration over losing.

I wish I could see a slower and closer video of it though. It's hard to see and know for sure where and how hard he hit with Essex in the way and at game speed.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:09 AM   #27
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

You guys are nuts. If anyone of you were popped in the head by Seymore you'd probably be dead. Yea Ben had a helmet on so his skull is still in tact. He wasn't injured or knocked out. I'm sure he dropped because of the shock of it.

Imagine getting popped in the face that hard (even with a helmet) NOT expecting it. I'm willing to bet your first reaction would be to drop to protect your self because you have no idea of what just hit you. As soon as Ben got his head back on he jumped up and jogged to the sideline un injured. So I think it was more a shock reaction then anything. Ever been hit in the face or head by a ball you didnt see coming? What's the first thing you did? You hit the deck. I've seen it many times playing sports or messing around w/ buddies. You get a surprise shot to the face and you'll be on the ground. Has nothing to do with being tough or soft.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #28
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

What I find really funny is Mr. Alligator arms him self calling anyone soft. If I had a $ for every time I've seen that guy short arm a pass over the middle because he's afraid of getting hit I'd be a wealthy man.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:15 AM   #29
Third Rail
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
Seymour didn't punch him. His hand was open and he shoved him in the face mask. Watch the video.

No way a guy this big would be able to get his fist though a face mask. If he did, Ben's nose would have exploded.
I'm not excusing Seymour for what he did but we don't have to exaggerate either.
Watched it again and you're right, but it did look like he made contact with Ben's jaw there, not just the facemask.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:48 PM   #30
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post

Same angle and only one I've seen. Not sure how you can come to your conclusion based on this.

Looks just as likely that he clocked him on the jaw underneath the facemask. Coupled by the fact that BB didn't expect it.....I can see ending up on your azz.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote