Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-01-2006, 07:20 AM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,113 Times in 2,391 Posts
Default Good Cowher Article Today In Post-Gazette

Good article on Cowher basking in the post-Super Bowl glow. This article notes the purchase of the house in Raleigh took management by surprise and states:

It would surprise no one if Cowher coached the Steelers another 10 years or if he quit after the next one or two, moved to Raleigh and contemplated his future and possible return with another team.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06091/678707-66.stm
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:43 AM   #2
Steelhorse
Water Boy

Member Number: 2158
Default Re: Good Cowher Article Today In Post-Gazette

Good article - but I think there is a better chance of me winning the lottery than Cowher coaching another team in the future. Whether he decides to retire in 2 or 15 years is anybody's guess but I think when he decides its time it will be for good. I think other successful coaches like Vermeil and Schottenheimer took the path of another team because they had unfinished business - I don't see that with Cowher
Steelhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:44 AM   #3
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

It's one of those wait and see situations. Want to see him as HC for a long time though.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:27 PM   #4
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhorse
Good article - but I think there is a better chance of me winning the lottery than Cowher coaching another team in the future. Whether he decides to retire in 2 or 15 years is anybody's guess but I think when he decides its time it will be for good. I think other successful coaches like Vermeil and Schottenheimer took the path of another team because they had unfinished business - I don't see that with Cowher
I think you have a better chance of winning the lottery.

Vermeil and Shottenheimer wore out their welcomes - more than once. Coaches leave because they want to or have to leave.

The synergy in the Rooney Org. is rare and condusive for a longer Cowher tenure. If he leaves then it will be the first time in a long time that a coach leaves "to spend more time with his family" that I'll actually believe.

Honestly, it's Bill's choice but I don't think it's his decision. I believe if he gets his wife's and daughters' blessing then he stays thru 2010. Wow. 2010 - sounds like science fiction.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:18 PM   #5
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2182

Is only 4 years, he will be 51 then ? He will be making some jack, but a person who loves the game and has such a fiery passion as Cowher does i cant see him packing it in so soon. only takes a few not so good seasons for people calling for a coaches head anymore and the Steeler fans are not any different. Not all of course but prior to this season and midway through this season on alot of Steeler message boards (i wasnt in this particular one so i cant say here) and radio shows he was bashed all the time and plans for a new coach and who it should be had made its rounds plenty.

Personally, i have liked Cowher for his consistancy and for the fact during his tenure we have had an identity as a good team again, unlike Nolls final years. Cowher turned it around and his enthuiasm is something i always loved.. I didnt care that he hadnt won a SuperBowl yet or that we lost 4 AFC championship games, the fact we got there and i have been able to enjoy the playoffs because the Steelers were in it almost year is a hell of alot better than my buddies teams who are out of it after week 6 . It truely amazed me how Steeler fans could NOT like the guy and were saying he could not coach, win the big one, he is a choker blah blah... Part of me was secretly hoping after he won the SuperBowl, he hosited that trophy in the air with one hand and gave everyone the finger for everything he has had to endure. If he quit tomorrow, i for one could not or would not blame him.

Not sure where those people are now who still think Cowher shouldnt be the coach of the Steelers .. but i hope they realize what idiots they were and the rest of us be thankful that the Roony's are so loyal and are the ones calling the shots. We have a coach who is 14th in all time wins right now, close to being all time Divisional Championships, AFC championship games and when is done will go down as one of the best coaches in NFL history, already a Hall of Fame lock in.

But sure enough, if we have a not so great season in the coming years, those people will sprout back soone or later once again despite everything he has accomplished.
Midnightwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 12:24 PM   #6
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

i`m actually nervous about this house thing, the article claims the Steelers want him to sign a long extension, and he wont
Old 04-03-2006, 12:34 PM   #7
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2182

I havnt heard anything about him ( not wanting to, or was contemplating it) .... The Roony's have said that after the NFL owners meeting they were going to address is, so i dont think has been something that has been going on just yet.
Midnightwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote