Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #11
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: 8-3

an ugly 8-3.
Beating the Bills, Bengals, Raiders,etc is not exactly thrilling.
Then why didn't we beat the Saints, Pats, Ravens??? What are we doing against actual good teams?
8-3 is good, but when you're beating up lower-end teams (actually, sometimes barely...) and losing to the premier teams in the league, you're not going to go far in the playoffs if you get there.......
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #12
steelbad@50
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14816

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
an ugly 8-3.
Then why didn't we beat the Saints, Pats, Ravens??? What are we doing against actual good teams?
8-3 is good, but when you're beating up lower-end teams (actually, sometimes barely...) and losing to the premier teams in the league, you're not going to go far in the playoffs if you get there.......
I have to agree with you on that one, it does'nt give me very much confidence in saying that our Steelers are one of the elite teams this season.
steelbad@50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:26 PM   #13
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
an ugly 8-3.
We've only beaten 3 teams with losing records (when we played them). They're beating who the need to beat.

Mind you, in '08, we lost to the Eagles, Colts, Giants and Titans. All playoff teams. I'm not that worried about it yet. Get to the playoffs first and worry about it then.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:36 PM   #14
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Do you guys consider the Ravens elite? They've only beaten THREE teams with winning records. They're huge wins come from Carolina, Bills (in OT like us), Cleveland, Denver and Miami.

What about the Pats? They've beaten FOUR teams with winning records.

The Saints? They've only beaten TWO teams with winning records.

The Steelers have lost to all these teams, but they've beaten FIVE teams with winning records (when we've played them). (Atlanta, Titans, Tampa, Miami, Oakland)

They're beating who they need to beat and then some. That's the way I look at it. It would be much, much worse IMO if we were losing to crap teams. And for the most part, they've hung in with the teams that beat them.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
Old 11-28-2010, 08:50 PM   #15
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497

Did you check the winning record stats like you did with the Steelers?^
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #16
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH-Rock View Post
Did you check the winning record stats like you did with the Steelers?^
No, but they can't be that far off. I wouldn't even know where to look though...if you do, by all means post it.

I'll give you that two of the teams that the Steelers beat with winning records, no longer have winning records (Oak and Tenn)...but they did when we played them.

Two of the teams Balt beat with winning records are Miami and TB, the other is us.

The Pats have beaten Miami, Balt, Pitt and Indy...I'm just gonna take a wild guess and say theirs is the highest...but that shouldn't surprise anyone. It's ok to get beat by a powerhouse team in the regular season sometimes. Especially one that always has your number.

NO has only beaten TB and us.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:10 PM   #17
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,597 Times in 1,972 Posts

we are gonna have to play MUCH better to win next week. even though this was a win, this will go down in one of the top 5 worst games i've ever seen
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:05 AM   #18
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Quote:
Originally Posted by btaylor179 View Post
exactly.....we could and probably should be 6 and 5
I wouldn't go that far, in football the difference between 8-8 and 11-5 can be just a couple of dropped passes or a missed tackle or a bad INT.

Shite, I'll take 8-3, gives me hope that we can at the least make the playoffs this year, even if we fall to the Ravens and Jets.

I'm not too optimistic about us beating the Ravens in their house, but I'm hoping we come out inspired on both ends of the ball and take care of business.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:38 AM   #19
harts
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7323

8-3 and people want to complain ..

probably should have beat the saints.
and if Ben is there maybe we beat the ravens

pats game was only game steelers were clearly beaten in

10-1 really
maybe 9-2 after today since god doesnt like the bills reciever

but it is all speculation of the situation

8-3 is the reality and a reality we are comfortable with (my inner Mike Tomlin)
harts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:05 AM   #20
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

You are what your record says you are. Patriots are 9-2 for a reason. They are better overall teams. New England has a great coaching staff that can make in game adjustments. (God I think I threw up in my mouth complimenting that A-hole) New York has gotten extremely lucky in several games but that is what happens on the way to winning records. I don't think they are as good as their record and I think the playoffs will bear that out. The Steelers are much better than they were last year. That is what matters and is the reason they are 8-3 instead of 6-5.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote