Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-28-2010, 06:44 PM   #11
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,595 Times in 1,971 Posts
Default Re: So tired of these BS calls...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH-Rock View Post
Offensive Penalties were all fair.
no.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:04 PM   #12
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
no.
Yes, Kemauto had a penalty on almost every drive.
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:09 PM   #13
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

You see it every week in other games helmet to helmet and no flag. It's getting old. Apply the same rules to every team.
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #14
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacemeIke View Post
The Steelers as an organization have a lot of pull I dont get why Dick L. and the Rooneys don't stand up for their guys in the media lobbying for a change. The Rooneys and Dick L. are both very respected in the league and could possibly make a change. If they are not going to take their time to complain then I guess we'll have to play versus the officiating every week.

Tomlin neeeds to do the same, although he doesn't have the type of pull or respect in the NFL yet as the others do

Tomlin will likely say nothing, the league will fine him. The Rooney's are a class act, but one has to imagine how much they can actually take before they speak out in some way. Certainly he can't be sitting up in the box satisfied with this. The bias against this team is very much out of control. If anyone argues otherwise, they need to take out film of the BS roughing the passer penalties, the helmet-to-helmet hits on Hines Ward with no league reprecussion's, etc.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:24 PM   #15
MillerMania83
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10437

I was at the Raiders game, and I can honestly say I thought that was the WORST offciated game I EVER seen, for both teams....Today's game rolls around, and BAM, another HUGE stinker for the ref's AGAIN....Not saying some of the calls weren't correct calls, but it's SO lopsided and OBVIOUS it's DISGUSTING anymore....Sittin' here watching the game at home today, I truly had the feeling while I was watchin the game that "this isn't fun anymore"....Meaning, the league/refs are KILLING the sport we all love....The Harrison hit was called correct IMO, by the guidelines the league has set, but the rules are HORRIBLE anymore, the GUIDELINES SUCK....I though las weeks call against #92 was totally bogus, and now this week the guy is getting ready to sack the QB, puts his head in the guys chest, and he draws a flag, it's just PITIFUL....Many of the holding calls IMO were legit, but the next series the Bills go on O and Woodley is getting arm barred/neck tackled/pulled to the ground, and NO FLAG....It's just BS, I'm really starting to believe the conspiracy theories against the Steelers, and I never would have ever thought that before....But anymore, it's really starting to get that obvious, what else could it be.
MillerMania83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:36 PM   #16
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerMania83 View Post
Sittin' here watching the game at home today, I truly had the feeling while I was watchin the game that "this isn't fun anymore".
That sums up my feelings perfectly. Sure most of the holding calls were legit, but then they turn around and let our guys get blatantly choked/clotheslined over and over again.

Even winning isn't fun anymore. It's just a relief when it's over.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #17
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerMania83 View Post
I was at the Raiders game, and I can honestly say I thought that was the WORST offciated game I EVER seen, for both teams....Today's game rolls around, and BAM, another HUGE stinker for the ref's AGAIN....Not saying some of the calls weren't correct calls, but it's SO lopsided and OBVIOUS it's DISGUSTING anymore....Sittin' here watching the game at home today, I truly had the feeling while I was watchin the game that "this isn't fun anymore"....Meaning, the league/refs are KILLING the sport we all love....The Harrison hit was called correct IMO, by the guidelines the league has set, but the rules are HORRIBLE anymore, the GUIDELINES SUCK....I though las weeks call against #92 was totally bogus, and now this week the guy is getting ready to sack the QB, puts his head in the guys chest, and he draws a flag, it's just PITIFUL....Many of the holding calls IMO were legit, but the next series the Bills go on O and Woodley is getting arm barred/neck tackled/pulled to the ground, and NO FLAG....It's just BS, I'm really starting to believe the conspiracy theories against the Steelers, and I never would have ever thought that before....But anymore, it's really starting to get that obvious, what else could it be.
I really don't buy into the conspiracy theory yet. I tend to think that most of the refs are old, don't see well and really have no business in there position. I see bad officiating in almost every game I watch not just Steelers games.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:48 PM   #18
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
I really don't buy into the conspiracy theory yet. I tend to think that most of the refs are old, don't see well and really have no business in there position. I see bad officiating in almost every game I watch not just Steelers games.
That's my thinking too. I hate these complaints about officiating. Bad calls are made every game...just gotta deal with them. Last week was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen, yet the Steelers didn't let it affect them at all. This week, they were letting some bad calls/missed calls (and some good calls) drag them down.

Now, more to what I think the OP's intent of the thread was, I HATE some of the new rules...and yes, some of them do seem geared towards the Steelers (or Harrison to be more specific). But I'm not buying a total conspiracy theory yet either. I just think they are very poorly defined rules and the refs are just calling what they see (or what they think they see).

It's become part of the game though...can't let it get to your head like it obviously did to the Steelers today.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:50 PM   #19
Wallace108

Member Number:

I don't think there's a conspiracy per se. It's not like the league is out to get us. I think it's more like profiling.

Hines has always had a reputation around the league as being a "dirty player." Then we've got Harrison ... another "dirty player." We've become the Bad Boys of the NFL. The league wants a safer game, so the Bad Boys are going to be watched a lot more closely. And if something is a judgment call, we're not going to get the benefit of the doubt. We're being profiled. Someone call the ACLU.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:04 PM   #20
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
no.
Not even close. If those holds were consistently called on both teams then sure I'd agree....but you never see anyone getting holding calls for the arm bar move that every OT uses on Harrison every week on almost every play. Then they call it when we break a huge run.....stinks to high heaven.

We are being targeted by the league. They have a ZERO tolerance for Harrison and pretty much any of our players. Ben gets punched in the face last week.....gets pounded in the ground this week....and basically nothing. There is no consistency. I'd like to Roger Goodell to just come out publicly and say FU Steelers. Then at least we can quit complaining and pretending it's not fixed when it clearly is.

This is competition. When one player or team is held to a different standard then another then it's rigged....it's fixed. It is NOT in the spirit of competition. Its un ethical and is ruining the league. I dont watch the NBA or pro wrestling for the same crap the NFL is now engaged in. It's getting easier and easier to not watch a game. The ONLY game I watch now is the Steelers. I used to watch football all day Sunday....and the monday night games.... I quit watching any game not involving the steelers...its just a bad product w/ so many commercials you just want to vomit.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote