Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-11-2005, 02:59 PM   #31
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Member Number: 284
Default Re: Does Herron have a chance to make the team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBen2Ward
I am not convinced about your knowlege of college football, Brett Basanez played QB.....lol

One more time Jersey.......

?Coach Hoak said he will try to get me in at fullback and see what I can do with the coaching, because I haven?t played that at all,? said Herron.

What more do you want??? I think you are the one who needs some proof, and to say you have seen him play FB is just a lie. You have no credibility.
Of course they have FB's on thier roster but they are not used in thier base offense......

Quote:
Q: Obviously, he probably didn't do a whole lot of lead blocking [at Northwestern], being the main ball carrier. Is that something you think he can learn?

HOAK: Yeah. He has the size to do it and the athletic ability to do it. He's never been asked to do it. He does a pretty good job for them, as far as pass protection, but you don't see him do any run blocking.
- they were asking the RB coach not him, if they did would they would know he didnt do a whole lot but he did run block.

B2W, i was trying to be the bigger man . but u need to wait untill i upload these vid on my server, then we can fight and i say your wrong. what namecalling? oh u mean when u called me lier and i have no cerdit? i just love how u tired to turn it back on me by saying i started the name calling if u look at what u said in 6 posts u can see who was the lil man ;). but as i say again we can agree to disagree, untill i upload the vids. but till then how about u grow up a lil and try to be a bigger man and wait. lol

Last edited by JerseySTEEL; 06-11-2005 at 03:09 PM.
JerseySTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 03:09 PM   #32
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Boys , boys, slow down. And fight , I mean play nice. We are all Steelers fans here. Lets save the insults for BKA, and HW and there is a new piece of crap I mean browmie fan in the house. Lets use up the insults on them. LOL :D
Old 06-11-2005, 03:10 PM   #33
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

exactly clev, but i think B2W has issues lol.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:12 PM   #34
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

This is joke. How do you expect me to believe you know Herron's career better than himself, or coach Hoak? I do think you lie alot......sorry. You watch hours of film, and scout more than some teams.lol You should know Basanez was the QB after watching that much film......You write for a college newspaper, a month ago you couldn't spell newpaper. It must be weekly paper, cause it would take at least that long for spell-checker to finish one of your write-ups. I do think you lie, I have posted multiple facts and quotes to prove my point. Go get your "film" lol. I am done now.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:25 PM   #35
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Quote:
This is joke. How do you expect me to believe you know Herron's career better than himself, or coach Hoak? I do think you lie alot......sorry. You watch hours of film, and scout more than some teams.lol You should know Basanez was the QB after watching that much film......You write for a college newspaper, a month ago you couldn't spell newpaper. It must be weekly paper, cause it would take at least that long for spell-checker to finish one of your write-ups. I do think you lie, I have posted multiple facts and quotes to prove my point. Go get your "film" lol. I am done now.

Wow i guess i was right u do have issues.like i said iam the bigger man will wait till i get my proof, I wont do any name calling like u have done on every post. and this was my scout report on Noah for my collegepaper" spellchecker pro " hehe. so your insults wont work and dont make any sense.all qutoes are from the same site, so u only have 1 source not multiple. and the college paper isnt a big paper its a local college paper and run by students its more for fun then anything.and i said i pasted the wrong name so grow up a lil.after what i see from your post, u have issues and u might want to seek help for them .

Noah herron: A versatile back who is the heir apparent to Jason Wright ... Like Wright was, Herron is an excellent receiver, solid blocker and strong rusher ... His skills give the NU offensive coaches a lot of flexibility when designing and calling plays ... Has some of the best hands on the team ... Has great ability to find the crease and seams of a defense ... True, proven offensive leader ... Has 1,804 career all-purpose yards and 1,143 career rushing yards ... Averaging 6.1 yards per career rush ... Scored 13 career TDs (12 rush, one receiving). 2003: NU's Thomas Airth Spirit Award recipient ... Registered four 100-yard rushing efforts this year ... Three of his four 100-yard games came in Big Ten play ... Averaged 69.5 ypg and 5.7 ypc in the eight Big Ten games--the 10th-best rushing average in Big Ten-only statistics ... His 5.7 ypc average was the second-best in league-play behind Minnesota's Marion Barber III (5.9 ypc) ... Finished 11th in Big Ten rushing overall (56.8 ypg) ... NU's second-leading scorer (36 pts.) ... With Wright and Terrell Jordan ailing, came up with a career-best 180-yard rushing effort (35 carries) against Penn State ... Rushed for a previous career best (104 yards) vs. Wisconsin ... Averaged 9.5 yards per carry against the stout Badger defense ... One of his long runs was a 20-yard scamper off a fake field-goal attempt that set up NU's final touchdown of the day ... Also had three catches for 35 yards vs. Wisconsin ... Closed the regular season with a "quiet" 163 yards (9.6 ypc) against Illinois ... His effort, along with Wright's 251 rushing yards, was the top one-two rushing performance in school history ... Had one of his season's top games at Duke: four rushes for 100 yards, which included a 69-yard TD run ... Recorded his first career TD reception against Air Force--a 20-yard scoring play ... Also scored a rushing TD vs. the Falcons ... Set a single-game best with 67 receiving yards vs. Air Force ... 27 rushing yards and 4 receiving yards at OSU ... 20 rushing yards and 29 receiving yards vs. Minnesota ... Totaled 37 all-purpose yards at Indiana ... Had 36 rushing yards, 13 receiving yards and a rushing TD at Purdue ... Led team with 58 receiving yards (four catches) against Michigan ... Also had 15 rushing yards vs. U-M ... Ran for 80 yards (6.7 ypr) and two TD's vs. Bowling Green in the Motor City Bowl. 2002: Second on team in rushing (30.4 ypg, 5.5 ypc) and rushing TDs (seven) ... Team's seventh-leading receiver with 15 receptions (12.3 ypr) ... Totaled a season- and game-high 54 receiving yards (three catches) vs. Purdue ... Added 17 rushing yards vs. the Boilermakers ... Had a season-best effort at Navy: 95 yards (16 att.) and three TDs ... Rushed for 7 yards at Air Force ... Totaled 9 yards vs. TCU ... 13 rushing yards and a 7-yard catch vs. Duke ... Four carries for 46 yards and a TD at Michigan State ... Averaged 9.7 ypc (on nine attempts) and scored two TDs at Minnesota ... Three receptions for 20 yards at Penn State ... Had 45 rushing yards and a career-long 33-yard catch vs. Indiana ... 50 rushing and receiving yards vs. Illinois. 2001: Played in season's first eight games, mostly on special teams ... Did get to carry the ball in two games: Duke (2 for 28 yards) and Indiana (1 for 11 yards) ... With three games left in the season, suffered a stress fracture to his foot during practice ... Registered five special teams tackles. 2000: Redshirted. High School: 15th-ranked running back in Midwest by PrepStar ... 56th-rated running back nationally by Rivals100.com ... Detroit Free Press Top 25 ... Associated Press all-state ... Three-time first-team all-conference ... As a senior, missed first three games with ankle injury but recovered to rush for 842 yards (8.3 yards per carry) and 19 TDs ... Also played linebacker, with 36 tackles and five blocked kicks ... For his career, ran for 5,544 yards and scored 92 TDs ... Team achieved 26-4 record during his tenure ... Averaged 20 ppg for the fourth-ranked basketball team in the state. Personal: Born Noah Scott Herron on 4/3/82 ... Son of Ron and Shawn Herron ... Communication studies major.

Pros: Excellent size, smart runner, good hands catching the ball, punishing runner.
Cons: no burst but plodding.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:37 PM   #36
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

He has never played FB.

Go get your "film" Jeresy lol......

Why is everyone so sensitive around here? It was just a debate. Jersey will be okay, his feelings are not hurt. Sometimes debates get heated when to men are flexing their football knowlege. It does not have to be so "hey buddy" all the time when talking sports.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:44 PM   #37
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

ya i agree B2W, he hasnt started or been labeled a FB, but has done the FB job on the field, he has blocked at times for wright. so i dont know what issues u have but u should seek help for anger mangment lol.nobodys sensittive around here, its just that your crazy lol.and yes your still wrong B2W. hehe

oh and by the way werent u the one saying name calling is let me see hwat u said.
"the name-calling, a classic sign of no knowlege or facts to prove your point......weak!" so learn from your own words and grow up ;).

oh and dont be mad bc my sig is better . ;)

Last edited by JerseySTEEL; 06-11-2005 at 03:51 PM.
JerseySTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 04:06 PM   #38
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Go get your video, he said it himself he has never run blocked. Hoak said he has never run-blocked.

Go get your "film".......There is no film is there.

I cant beleive we are still doing this. Go get the "film" and prove me wrong right now, please.

Ahhhh, the truth comes out. I see you have some underlying issues about me making sigs for everyone. The one you are sporting now is alright, but the others were garbage. I like mine much better, sry. just go get the film.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:24 PM   #39
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

it was a joke man dont cry lol. he never said he didnt run block the coach did ;). anyway i will have it about 1-2weeks when i get back to college and put it up on the server.until then we can agree to disagree.and why the hell would i have a issue with u making sigs , it was a joke lol. and anyway if u think your sig is better thats your right but it was a joke and u have some issues u need help with, u should seek a therapist as soon as possible.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:13 AM   #40
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

Quote:
This is joke...You write for a college newspaper, a month ago you couldn't spell newpaper.
Well said gentlemen.

BRC, has HW emailed you yet to cry about why this wasn't moved to the BF days ago? LOL...as for us being sensative again, thats why we set up a designated spot to have debates in. You want to name call then do it there and then come back and just let us know if he is a FB or a RB. By this time he may have played some CB, too. Let's move on...

Last edited by ironcitychef; 06-12-2005 at 12:19 AM.
ironcitychef is offline   Reply With Quote