Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-29-2010, 11:55 PM   #11
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392
Default Re: FINES? $25K for fight?

This is pure bullshit! A legal hit draws a 75K fine, but a fist fight draws a 25K fine. So maybe this is what the Steelers do against the Cravens, pick out a DL player and have him knock Flaccid's ass off. It's only 25 k and a sure victory.
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:55 PM   #12
Mewtwo
Water Boy

Member Number: 3030

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRules View Post
Exactly. This league is a joke. When will enough be enough? When will someone who actually has power stand up & say something?
When someone assaults or kills Roger Goodell.

His negative influence on the NFL will continue until someone makes him unable to perform his duties as commissioner. I know it's somewhat in bad taste to say such things but I honestly don't see anything good coming from him being in charge - the league has basically become a mere shadow of its former self. Bring back hard hits, extravagant and hilarious endzone celebrations, the "bad boy" image of the NFL, etc. I don't care how badly you want to make the NFL family friendly, when you have hundreds of testosterone-fueled athletes giving their all, things are going to get heated, and when you have people making seven figure salaries, things are going to be different in how they are treated off the field.

The on-field things are being handled completely wrong and the off-field incidents should not even been within Goodell's jurisdiction. I am so hoping that an NFL player on his way out, with nothing left to lose, at the VERY least goes on a very long rant about Goodell and starts some kind of movement to oust him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRick View Post
This is pure bullshit! A legal hit draws a 75K fine, but a fist fight draws a 25K fine. So maybe this is what the Steelers do against the Cravens, pick out a DL player and have him knock Flaccid's ass off. It's only 25 k and a sure victory.
The sick thing is that I think this could very well be a common tactic, and I wonder why it's not done in sports more often if the penalties for it are not going to be all that severe.
Mewtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:00 AM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,077 Times in 4,581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRick View Post
you would think so but they would actually be upgraded with mark bulger getting a shot.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:05 AM   #14
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
you would think so but they would actually be upgraded with mark bulger getting a shot.
You make a good point. I forgot about Bulger.
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:13 AM   #15
pitt0wns
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15034

Its pretty sad what the NFL is today.

Goodell needs to be gone ASAP. I really hope there is a lockout next year.

All they care about is fining ppl(mainly the steelers!) and doing an 18 game season to make more $$$
pitt0wns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:18 AM   #16
BGSU A Dub
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17389

Not only is this crap ruining the game, but it is setting a bad example for kids and future players in the NFL. I can just see kids in backyards around the country re-inacting the fight thinking they are "cool" and "won't get in big trouble".

It's one thing if all these rule changes were warranted, but from what I've heard on Sports Talk Shows, the media seems to think this is ridiculous, too.

I think there is more contact in my Sunday morning flag football games than what is allowed in the NFL.
BGSU A Dub is offline   Reply With Quote