Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #21
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin comes to Harrisons defense!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodis View Post
Mom- I don't know he has or am I in the locker room.

However, I know we have been getting flagged week after week for the same phantom fouls.

Is it safe to say whatever (if anything) Tomlin is doing, isn't working?

On a different note the Ward and Suggs comments will put the NFL officials on radar for what has been happening. Not what Tomlin has done or said

Fair enough assessment I suppose.

I don't have a link for this, but it was being talked about on the radio yesterday and today. They've been discussing how Tomlin and the FO have made a compilation video of questionable calls and non-calls against the Steelers and have sent it into the league. There's also been talk of Dan "getting in touch" with Goodell.

It's not typical for the Steelers to air their laundry in public, so I'm not completely shocked that Tomlin hasn't gone off on a complete rant in front of the media. The fans might love that, but it's more typical for things to be taken care of behind the scenes. From what I've gathered, that's what's been going on.

I'm sure he's been very vocal to the players as well...but I imagine only to a certain point. They have a huge game to prepare for this week, and I'd rather them be ready for that then overly concerned about league conspiracies. That can be addressed more fervently in the offseason.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #22
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 416

I think it's pretty obvious Tomlin say's one thing to reporter's and another to his players and the league. The players are feeding off this us against the world attitude that Tomlin's telling them as well. I think the Steelers are pretty lucky to have him as HC.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:44 PM   #23
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Fair enough assessment I suppose.

I don't have a link for this, but it was being talked about on the radio yesterday and today. They've been discussing how Tomlin and the FO have made a compilation video of questionable calls and non-calls against the Steelers and have sent it into the league. There's also been talk of Dan "getting in touch" with Goodell.
Didn't hear that, but it's good to know.

As much as some could hate them, Raven players coming to the defense of Harrison is not a good thing for League officials
Old 12-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #24
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

DO the math, folks. Don't be haters just because someone makes more than you. More moeny equalls more expenses.

You would think that $125k is peanuts when you are being paid a $57 million contract, but split it up over the length of his contract and do the numbers. $125k is still A LOT OF MONEY to have to pay in fines for doing what you were taught to do. That would be like you or I having to give up our next two paydays to pay a stupid fine that we didn't deserve in the first place.

Tomlin is absolutely correct.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #25
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

This whole thing makes my blood boil. I can see why Suggs even came out in Harrison's defense-- it was in behalf of all the defensive players in the league.

I never wanted to kick somebody's skull off their neck so bad as when I was watching the Ray Anderson responses to Ward and all the players that are starting to speak out. He is a fork-tongued politician, if I ever saw one, who talks out the side of his mouth like the best of them.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #26
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
DO the math, folks. Don't be haters just because someone makes more than you. More moeny equalls more expenses.

You would think that $125k is peanuts when you are being paid a $57 million contract, but split it up over the length of his contract and do the numbers. $125k is still A LOT OF MONEY to have to pay in fines for doing what you were taught to do. That would be like you or I having to give up our next two paydays to pay a stupid fine that we didn't deserve in the first place.

Tomlin is absolutely correct.
It's rare that I run to the defense of millionaires, but here goes...

Unlike you and I, who are likely to earn more or less the same amount of money year-in and year-out for the duration of our working lives (let's call it forty years), these athletes have an average career of 3-1/2 years, and the super-studs maybe six-to-eight years. Break up his millions over the course of forty years, and he's probably making just a little bit more than, say, your average college professor.

Mind you, there's no rule that says he has to stop working once he retires, so his earnings can certainly continue. However, given how jacked up these guys wind up after football in their knees, backs and heads, I'd say the money is probably not enough. That $125,000 could have paid for some exotic lower back treatment in the Far East later in his retirement. [I would post a picture, but it would probably not last too long]
Old 12-02-2010, 03:46 PM   #27
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

i don't care how much money he makes.. stealing is stealing, and that is exactly what the NFL is doing to him.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote