Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #21
steelcity1974
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9669
Default Re: Starkey: Anti-Steelers conspiracy?

The only solution is to fight through it and make that prick Goodell hand Rooney the Lombardi trophey in front of that other prick Jerry Jones in his stadium. Just like "Remember the Titans" when the refs were clearly on the take and Yoast takes his defense aside and told them "I don't want them to gain another yard. You blitz... all... night! If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played the Titans!"
Old 12-03-2010, 11:18 AM   #22
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,795 Times in 2,678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcity1974 View Post
The only solution is to fight through it and make that prick Goodell hand Rooney the Lombardi trophey in front of that other prick Jerry Jones in his stadium. Just like "Remember the Titans" when the refs were clearly on the take and Yoast takes his defense aside and told them "I don't want them to gain another yard. You blitz... all... night! If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played the Titans!"
LOL

The Rooneys getting the trophy from Goodell (after Roger gives Harrison the MVP trophy) would be like the scene when Rozelle handed the Lombardi to Al Davis the year Davis had filed his anti-trust lawsuit against the league after leaving Oakland for LA.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:09 PM   #23
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

NFL hates good defense because it leads to low scoring. Also, if they were to call things correctly, there would be a holding call on the OT blocking James Harrison on EVERY PLAY. This would also lead to low scoring. If the OT tried to block Harrison legitimately, he wouldn't be able to and this would lead to the QB being sacked 6 times, 10 hurrries and multiple hits - I.e. The QB would be knocked out of the game and that would lead to low scoring

IT IS NO SURPRISE that holding is not called on Harrison and that he is fined for his aggressive play because that leads to more scoring.
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:19 AM   #24
SteelCityRules
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17383

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
NFL hates good defense because it leads to low scoring. Also, if they were to call things correctly, there would be a holding call on the OT blocking James Harrison on EVERY PLAY. This would also lead to low scoring. If the OT tried to block Harrison legitimately, he wouldn't be able to and this would lead to the QB being sacked 6 times, 10 hurrries and multiple hits - I.e. The QB would be knocked out of the game and that would lead to low scoring

IT IS NO SURPRISE that holding is not called on Harrison and that he is fined for his aggressive play because that leads to more scoring.
Perfect! This what hubby & I have been saying too all season (& last too) . What used to be admired is now penalized for no reason other than it's not 'trendy' now.
SteelCityRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:50 AM   #25
MikeHaullace
Starter

Member Number: 16733
Cool Re: Starkey: Anti-Steelers conspiracy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRules View Post
What used to be admired is now penalized for no reason other than it's not 'trendy' now.
I don't think it is about being trendy.

In case you forgot.
MikeHaullace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:37 AM   #26
steelers0039
Water Boy

Member Number: 5827

REMOVE ROGER GOODELL AS NFL COMMISSIONER

View Current Signatures - Sign the Petition

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Roger Goodell & NFL Owners
Roger Goodell ("Goodell") should resign as Commissioner of the National Football League. Goodell has unilateral authority to make or change the rules of the game, implement fines upon the players, and make other decisions as he so desires. Goodell has implemented fines and punishments upon players for what he deems to be illegal hits during games and in passing out these fines and punishments has threatened the traditional way the game is played. Furthermore, Goodell intends to extend the season to 18 games further risking the health of players. Goodell has too much power and lacks the experience and knowledge of the game of football from a player's perspective, and, therefore, is unqualified to hold the office of Commissioner of the NFL. Roger Goodell should resign and the NFL should be governed by a committee of current and former players and owners of teams of the National Football League.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

View Current Signatures

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The REMOVE ROGER GOODELL AS NFL COMMISSIONER Petition to Roger Goodell & NFL Owners was created by NFL Fans, Players & Owners and written by Wendy Curtin (Steeler.Chick@verizon.net). This petition is hosted here at www.PetitionOnline.com as a public service. There is no endorsement of this petition, express or implied, by Artifice, Inc. or our sponsors. For technical support please use our simple Petition Help form.

tags: Football Goodell NFL Roger
share: blogger del.icio.us digg facebook furl reddit slashdot send to a friend
Send Petition to a Friend - Petition FAQ - Start a Petition - Contributions - Privacy - Media Kit
PetitionOnline - DesignCommunity - ArchitectureWeek - Great Buildings - Archiplanet - Search
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/RemoveRG/petition.html 1999-2007 Artifice, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
steelers0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:28 PM   #27
SteelCityRules
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17383

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHaullace View Post
I don't think it is about being trendy.

In case you forgot.
How could I forget? lol But, I meant not 'trendy' w/ the fans, not necessarily the league. &, honestly, most fans don't care about concussions. Not that they are uncaring, it's just not something fans think about alot. Well, maybe now they do, or until a player is hit hard or gets one. But, as always that is JMO (just my opinion ;) ) .

Last edited by SteelCityRules; 12-05-2010 at 02:39 PM.
SteelCityRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:14 PM   #28
Steeler4life1972
Banned

Member Number: 17121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayeksheroes View Post
NY Jets Superbowl win. I really think the NFL tries to influence who wins the title each year. They don't pick winners and losers. But I think they do try to get a handful of teams to win that will drive more revenue to the league.

The Saints win last year was a huge revenue boost because of the players like Brees and New Orleans story.

The Jets are a big market team with a new stadium being built and will host the superbowl in 2014. The NFL needs to boost the NY market. There is nothing better than a SB.
Thats the best post ive ever heard on here...amen brother!!!
Steeler4life1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:15 PM   #29
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

He certainly has some (alot) of good points there.
Some of them, there isn't even a counter-argument for.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:27 PM   #30
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

Well the only good thing about all of these unfair calls is it puts to rest the inanely stupid notion that the Steelers always get favorable calls from the refs and that the Rooney's control the refs, I'll use that argument that next time I run across some whining Seahag fan still complaining about Super Bowl 40.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote