Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #21
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,312 Times in 1,414 Posts
Default Re: Why is Julian Assange un-American?

i'm not so sure "the leaks" , aren't some kind of US government / CIA shenanigans.
kinda strange that next to nothing about israel has been divulged.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:13 AM   #22
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i'm not so sure "the leaks" , aren't some kind of US government / CIA shenanigans.
kinda strange that next to nothing about israel has been divulged.
Interesting theory. There was a lot of talk under Bush that his spy corps was feeling mightily disrespected and abused, and that they may have been purposely trying to embarrass him on occasion, either by feeding his staff bad info or by publicly disavowing the White House's claims on this or that. Maybe there's some of that still going on under Obama.

As far as Israel, I still say they and the UK are basically states 51 and 52. No point in spying on them or bribing them or whatever.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:14 AM   #23
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...aims_In_Sweden

Good news, he's been nabbed.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #24
ricardisimo
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
Honestly I'm not that interested in the subject matter, to some extent I think it's funny, and somewhat ridiculous. But I also think it's equally ridiculous that you guys are trumping up this asshole as if he's some kind of hero. He's not. Ask his "dates" if you don't want to take my word for it.

And I never had you on ignore, I just usually choose to ignore you.
So, I just want to be clear on this: "self-gratifying douchebags" with bad romantic histories are worthy of being targeted for liquidation by the CIA in your worldview?

I'm assuming that your answer is no, that his real crime is his blatant disregard for the lives and well-being of a several dozen Afghanis. I'm wondering if Bush and Obama should be targeted by the CIA for their blatant disregard for the lives and well-being of several hundred thousand Afghanis, if not the entire population.

Last edited by ricardisimo; 12-07-2010 at 02:46 PM.
ricardisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #25
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

You're asking him to engage in intelligent debate; Rush Limbaugh and Michael Savage haven't put out their talking points on those topics yet, we'll have to stay tuned.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #26
ricardisimo
Administrator

Quote:
Yes, fantastic news. I particularly liked the news source's own political affairs commentator's assessment:
Quote:
Sky News foreign affairs editor Tim Marshall said: "The longer he is in this country, the more possibility there is the Americans will find a law they can reasonably charge him with and get a prosecution."
He added that legal workers had been surprised at the court decision to refuse bail.
Arrest him first, then scour the books for a law with which to charge him. Classic.

Last edited by ricardisimo; 12-07-2010 at 08:31 PM.
ricardisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:11 AM   #27
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
So, I just want to be clear on this: "self-gratifying douchebags" with bad romantic histories are worthy of being targeted for liquidation by the CIA in your worldview?

I'm assuming that your answer is no, that his real crime is his blatant disregard for the lives and well-being of a several dozen Afghanis. I'm wondering if Bush and Obama should be targeted by the CIA for their blatant disregard for the lives and well-being of several hundred thousand Afghanis, if not the entire population.

You're obviously too pompous to distinguish the difference between unaviodable collateral damage, in a wartime situation and the sort of betrayal and exposure that the wikileaks situation brought about for people who thought they were probably doing the right thing for their country. Because to you there is no just war, we are the bad guy, not the Taliban or Al Queda. To you American Imperialism is the root of all evil, so therefore there's no sense even trying to commincate on this sort of subject with you.

I can distinguish between two bads, the lesser of two evil so to speak, and that my friend is what world history is all about. Was the bombing of Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and Dresden evil? Yeah of course it was? Were those bombings absolutley essential to bring about a winning outcome? No, but they served a purpose nonetheless. They brought about a quicker resolution to the war, because they served to take the fight out of a civilian populace that prior to that wasn't willing to face the fact that they turned a blind eye to their own countries mayhem, and had wrought what they sewn in the end.

Look I know you guys are firm in your opinions, and that's fine. I know you can trot out all sort of rhetoric to support your arguemtn and that's fine too. But I'm not going to bother with that. Because, I'd never change your minds, and it's not worth my time to bother.

What, you don't think there are people of brilliance on both sides of this ( or any) argument? You don't think I could go and find supporting articles and columns just as insightfull and well thought out as anything that you can produce? Are you really that arrogant and self righteous that you can't fathom that there's two rationale sides to this discussion?

While I know this country is flawed, I accept that, because I also know that in the end it usually serves the greater good. I also know that there's never been an unflawed world power and never will be. In the end, in the real world, the people that matter, the ones that genuinely influence world events ( not Ivory towered granola eating, idealists like you and your buddy here) have to choose a side. Not that I matter any more than you, but I've chosen my side, flawed as it may be, and I'm on the side of our country and against those that wish to bring it down or do it harm. I consider Julian Assange to be among that group, and what comes of that is on him

. As they say, you don't grab the tail of the tiger unless you're prepared to deal with it's teeth.Good luck with that Mr Assange, or better yet, not.

Last edited by zulater; 12-08-2010 at 06:23 AM.
zulater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:52 AM   #28
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
You're obviously too pompous to distinguish the difference between unaviodable collateral damage, in a wartime situation and the sort of betrayal and exposure that the wikileaks situation brought about for people who thought they were probably doing the right thing for their country. Because to you there is no just war, we are the bad guy, not the Taliban or Al Queda. To you American Imperialism is the root of all evil, so therefore there's no sense even trying to commincate on this sort of subject with you.

I can distinguish between two bads, the lesser of two evil so to speak, and that my friend is what world history is all about. Was the bombing of Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and Dresden evil? Yeah of course it was? Were those bombings absolutley essential to bring about a winning outcome? No, but they served a purpose nonetheless. They brought about a quicker resolution to the war, because they served to take the fight out of a civilian populace that prior to that wasn't willing to face the fact that they turned a blind eye to their own countries mayhem, and had wrought what they sewn in the end.

Look I know you guys are firm in your opinions, and that's fine. I know you can trot out all sort of rhetoric to support your arguemtn and that's fine too. But I'm not going to bother with that. Because, I'd never change your minds, and it's not worth my time to bother.

What, you don't think there are people of brilliance on both sides of this ( or any) argument? You don't think I could go and find supporting articles and columns just as insightfull and well thought out as anything that you can produce? Are you really that arrogant and self righteous that you can't fathom that there's two rationale sides to this discussion?

While I know this country is flawed, I accept that, because I also know that in the end it usually serves the greater good. I also know that there's never been an unflawed world power and never will be. In the end, in the real world, the people that matter, the ones that genuinely influence world events ( not Ivory towered granola eating, idealists like you and your buddy here) have to choose a side. Not that I matter any more than you, but I've chosen my side, flawed as it may be, and I'm on the side of our country and against those that wish to bring it down or do it harm. I consider Julian Assange to be among that group, and what comes of that is on him

. As they say, you don't grab the tail of the tiger unless you're prepared to deal with it's teeth.Good luck with that Mr Assange, or better yet, not.
Great post, well said!
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #29
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

Quote:
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ghan-civilians

Some of the leaks don't bother me, but the ones where he gave names of Afghan nationals cooperating with coalition forces, those do. Anyone who can't see the danger in that hasn't given it much thought.
I agree with this.

I stopped looking into all the dirty shit our govt. is doing..... really scary
Old 12-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #30
JPPT1974
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5361
My Mood: Relaxed

Wonder what else he has planned up his sleeve? As Assange really has ruined national security. And top secrets. Because he should be locked away for good. Warrants all over the world, are out for him. He needs to be punished and put away for good!