Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-07-2010, 01:09 AM   #61
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Who else thinks Ben is going to cost us this season?

This thread qualifies for:

http://lvphcwm.tripod.com/Images/failboat.jpg

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:11 AM   #62
JackHammer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 5640

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECTION219 View Post
Are you over looking the fact that the D give up 16 points in Buff and barely won... you think the Qb couldhave maybe more than 6 passes the entire second half ? He stunk in Buffalo...he stinks in Baltimore tonight... Check his second half stats in Cinny ... total garbage again. Blame the D but when we have to squeak out wins to teams like those he's not getting it done .Period. Like what you have coming between your vagina ever month. By the way last year Jordan staal played with severed tendons in his foot had surgery and toughed it out for weeks...thats tough. This drama queen told reporters he broke his foot and the Steelers said Ben was full of crap.....MORE DRAMA QUEEN Crap !
How can I be overlooking Buffalo when I was quoting your "Ben couldn't do dick in that game until the Pats let him" comment and responding by pointing out the FACT that Ben was not the entire problem in the New England(as in, NOT BUFFALO) game???? Buffalo(as in, NOT NEW ENGLAND) has nothing to do with that, at all. The fact is, the Patriots game was a TEAM LOSS, and that can be said about all of our whopping 3 losses. And that's not mentioning how badly we've been hit by the injury bug throughout the roster, and how it effects things like our pass protection on O and our pass rush on D.

Since you want to talk about Buffalo though, 61% for 295 yards and no TD's or INT's doesn't qualify as stunk. Don't get me wrong, it's not a great game, but it's not stinking it up either.

Also, when did Ben tell reporters that he had a broken foot? I can't find a quote or video of it anywhere. I guess he's a drama queen for being quiet? The Post Gazette, on the other hand, did report the injury as a broken foot. And yes the Steelers denied it, but if you paid attention to last nights game you'd remember that they also denied that his nose was broken and told NBC that it was just a "bloody nose", when it was CLEARLY BROKEN, AND CONFIRMED BY CAMERAS DURING THE GAME AND THE TEAM AFTERWARD.

On to your Jordan Staal comment, which is hilarious because you obviously cannot read very well. So I'm gonna show you exactly what I said and spell out why you're not good at reading comprehension. I said:

Quote:
Furthermore, most non-defensive hockey players WILL NOT play on a broken foot PERIOD, unless it's the playoffs and there's no time to get healthy.
Staal had surgery in early May and played on the injury because(pay CLOSE ATTENTION, this next part is very important) IT WAS THE PLAYOFFS AND THERE WAS NO TIME TO GET HEALTHY. This is exactly how Ben and the Steelers are approaching his foot, except it's before the playoffs.

Facts: Ben is well over the 2TD-1INT ratio and has over 2,000 yards in 8 games. His rating is 95.7, which is 6th behind Brady(1), Vick(2), Rivers(3), Rodgers(4), and Cassel(5). Really good company he keeps there..... He only has 2 fewer 40+ yard completions than Tom Brady, in 8 games. He has 34 20+ yard completions which is: 4 less than Brees and Vick; 7 fewer than Brady; 9 fewer than Rodgers; 11 fewer than Eli; and 1 MORE than Peyton "Football Jesus" Manning...... in 8 games. I say Ben is doing just fine, and even though he's not playing up to the standard that we've come to expect from him, he sure as hell ain't stinking it up.
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:22 AM   #63
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Like lemmings to the cliffs, we are... Why is it that the more idiotic the post, the more responses we give? Like me right now; why the hell am I replying here? I am feeling so dirty and used right now.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:25 AM   #64
JackHammer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 5640

Quote:
3-1 with out him... i can think of 2 on our roster alone.
6-2 with him, which can be reduced as a fraction to 3-1. Also, we beat Baltimore with him and lost to them without him. That, and a career full of clutch plays that won BIG games(both regular season and playoffs) for us time and time again, make him WAY better than the 2 on our roster alone.
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:58 AM   #65
JJ7
Water Boy

Member Number: 17360

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcity1974 View Post
Most worthless post I've ever seen. Appears to be someone hoping to see a man fail and refusing to see the good in what he accomplishes. That was actually one of the best performances I've seen out a QB this season. Very tough play from Ben.

Ben will never be a Brady, Manning, Rogers, or Brees type QB, so he doesn't get mentioned with those guys...but guess what....NONE of those guys will ever be a Ben type QB. And he is the reason this franchise has won 2 superbowls in the last 5 years. Special guy, and glad he's on our side.
So many great responses I could of quoted! Loved all the great comebacks. Ben deserves all the respect and support he has gotten in them. There is always one jack#ss in the crowd so my hat is off to you season ticket holder
Old 12-07-2010, 06:33 AM   #66
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
Yep....he changed pc and IP address........
and using a proxy is so difficult
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:51 AM   #67
BGSU A Dub
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17389

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Like lemmings to the cliffs, we are... Why is it that the more idiotic the post, the more responses we give? Like me right now; why the hell am I replying here? I am feeling so dirty and used right now.
My hypothesis is when there is an idiotic post, we try to pump intellect and rational thought into it, whereas a "good" post already has that. It's kinda like a car accident, you know you shouldn't pay attention to it but it's so hard to resist the temptation.
BGSU A Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #68
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

WHAT A MORON !
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:12 AM   #69
zsheik22
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9466

Quote:
I've never been a Big Ben fan . BUT I really thought the passing game would improve when he came back. Boy was I wrong. I cant help but wonder how it really could be any worse ? The defense kept the team in the game all night. If it wasnt for the fumble Troy causes, I'm sorry we lose this game. No way does he take us 80 yards for a touchdown. He rarely ever tries the longer or deep routes and if he does it 's picked or badly under thrown. Also MAYBE once or twice a game does he hit a guy in stride or in the numbers. I think Ward dropped that one because he was shocked he didnt have to jump 3 feet in the air or pull it from his shoes tops ! It was a terrible pass from Ben that Miller tried to reel in that put him the area where he got blasted. Thank god he was able to walk off the field it still amazes me after seeing his neck snap back !I know all the Ben LOVERS out there will be going crazy saying he's the best QB ever but I just dont see it this year.The passing offense is not good because of his poor play...not the line...not the WR's...him.
No wonder theres no running room, no ones worried about a pass so they stack the box. How many of Ben's completions are passes to WR's a half step off the line of scrimmage...tons. If it wasnt for Redmans great run after the catch we lose this game!
Thinking back did Ben even attempt one pass all night that went into the endzone ? I dont recall any ? Lets here how tough he is with a broken foot and nose.... watch a Pens game and see a guy get hit in the face with a puck going 50mph and get 25 stitches and be back on the ice before his next shift. I think he's ego is bigger than he is tough if anything. This Team beat Atlanta and Tampa with 2nd and 3rd string QB's and also gave the team the lead at the end of the last ravens game ,but the Defense let that one get away. He had 2 good games this year passing Cleavland and the raiders... thats it. The rest he stunk...just like tonight ! I'm done venting... let the bashing begin. Go Steelers!

Offensive Line. Bruce Arians.
zsheik22 is offline   Reply With Quote