Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-09-2010, 06:24 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Ward feels vindicated by fines levied against Ravens

Ward feels vindicated by fines levied against Ravens
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...nt_712863.html
By Mark Kaboly
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hines Ward is happy other NFL teams are getting a taste of what the Steelers have had to deal with virtually the entire season getting fined.

The veteran wide receiver was reassured that the Steelers aren't being targeted by the NFL after learning that two Baltimore Ravens players were fined a combined $55,000.

Baltimore's Jameel McClain was fined $40,000 for knocking out a defenseless Heath Miller, and Haloti Ngata was docked $15,000 for breaking Ben Roethlisberger's nose.

"It's finally nice to see somebody (else) getting fined," Ward said. "I don't know if we are happy about it, but at least somebody else is getting targeted."

James Harrison has been fined $120,000 over the past two months for what Ward, and others on the team, thought were unjust penalties.

But Ward, who was highly critical of the NFL a week ago, still wasn't happy that no flags were thrown against McClain and Ngata.

"There are some discrepancies going on," Ward said. "The flags weren't thrown, and they are still getting fined for it and vice versa."

Ward said he wants referees to call the game fairly.

"All any of us want is it to be called evenly," he said. "And that's what isn't happening."

McClain will appeal the fine brought down on him by the league.

QUOTABLE

"I just asked him if he saw the blood. I am not one who cusses at the refs or anything, so I just asked him if he thought he went for my head, and his response was that he was just trying to tackle you."

Ben Roethlisberger, when asked what he was telling referee Terry McAulay following the hit that caused his broken nose.

DIGITS

5: Games to start the season that linebacker Lawrence Timmons had more than 10 tackles

5: Games since Timmons had more than 10 tackles

Mark Kaboly can be reached at mkaboly@dailynewsemail.com or 412-664-9161.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote