Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 12-07-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
SteveLowe
Water Boy

Member Number: 17425
Default A book that may be of interest

Greetings all from a newbie,

I'm posting this with the blessing of Tony hipchest, who recommended I turn to this board. My name is Steve Lowe and I am an author with a new short novel recently published, one that I think may be of interest to anyone here who enjoys reading, laughing, and laughing while reading.

The book is called MUSCLE MEMORY, and it's the story of a group of rural western Penn. Steelers fans who wake up one morning to discover they have switched bodies with their signifcant others. Sort of... one neighbor has actually switched bodies with one of his sheep, but he's a Cleveland Browns fan, so, you know... The plot follows this group of obviously freaked out folks as they try to figure what happened and why. It's a bit like those 1980s body-switching movies, but only if they had been made into a Twilight Zone episode instead.

I have posted a sample of the first five pages on my website: http://steve-lowe.com/2010/11/26/rea...muscle-memory/ in case you'd like to check it out. This should give you a pretty good idea of how the rest of the book is. And the ending features a dream sequence starring the characters' favorite Steeler, Terry Bradshaw, who imparts his wisdom and helps explain the strange happenings.

On a personal note, I am a freelance sports writer from South Bend, Ind. I have covered sports for 11 years and I love football. I can't say that I'm a Steelers fan particularly, but I don't dislike them either. One of the best interviews I've ever done was with Franco Harris a few years back for a College Football Hall of Fame story about his former Penn State backfield mate, Lydell Mitchell. Easily one of, if not THE, nicest people I've had a chance to speak to.

Here is the link to the Amazon listing: http://www.amazon.com/Muscle-Memory-...f=pd_rhf_p_t_1 - there's more info here, including a book description and also customer reviews.

Sorry for the lengthy post and thanks for humoring me. I wouldn't have posted this here if I didn't sincerely believe this book would be of interest to Steelers fans. If you have any questions, please feel free to hit me up, as I will be around on this board. And I promise I won't make a nuisance of myself with anymore posts like this.

--Steve Lowe
SteveLowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:23 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,947 Times in 3,404 Posts
Default Re: A book that may be of interest

Great work, Steve!

i just read the 1st 5 pages and was definitely laughing and drawn in. I like the story being told in 1st person. cant wait to read the rest (especially the terry bradshaw part).

nice touch turning the brownfan into a sheep. i bet he feels himself up too.

hopefully you are met with a nice reception here at steelersfever. you came across as very respectful, cognizant of not spamming up the place and genuine in wanting to share your writing with a group of fans who will truly enjoy it.

best of luck! (you gotta find a way of getting a copy to mr. bradshaw and harris to review while they travel)
Old 12-07-2010, 02:47 PM   #3
SteveLowe
Water Boy

Thanks tony. Being that this is a body-switching story, I tried to get a copy to Kirk Cameron, who of course starred in one the best (read: worst) '80s body-switching movies, Like Father, Like Son. His manager informed me, though, that Mr. Cameron is simply too busy with all of his other projects currently in production.

I've considered sending a copy to TB, but haven't gotten that far yet. He was actually in South Bend a couple months ago for some gig at the College Football HOF, but the book wasn't out yet at that time. Otherwise, I would have flung a copy to him myself. Oh well, missed opportunities...
Old 12-08-2010, 12:37 AM   #4
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,631 Times in 1,570 Posts

cool. love your style man. is this available in book stores ?
isn't kirk cameron a bit of a jesus freak now ? your book may be a little too rough around the edges for him.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:27 AM   #5
SteveLowe
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
cool. love your style man. is this available in book stores ?
isn't kirk cameron a bit of a jesus freak now ? your book may be a little too rough around the edges for him.
Yeah, it was more tongue-in-cheek, my attempt to get Kirk a copy. I figured any reaction from him or his camp would be worth something.

This is not available nationally through brick-and-mortar stores, but it is being sold online at Amazon and BandN.com. I tend to favor Amazon just because it's more user friendly and has more info available about the book. Thanks for chekcing it out.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #6
SteveLowe
Water Boy

I almost forgot to mention - new cover art was recently acquired for this book and sent to the printers, but Amazon still has several copies of the original art, which is yellow and black. I had that art made for me originally with Steelers colors in mind since the characters love the Steelers, so if you want to get one of the few remaning Steeler-colored covers, they won't be around much longer. You can view a picture of the original cover in the "customer images" link on the Amazon page.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:43 PM   #7
alohapittsburgh
Water Boy

Member Number: 17465

The books sounds very cool! I'm awaiting my copy from Amazon right now. Also, I'm from Indiana also....so how bout them cornfields? Haha just kidding.
alohapittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:33 PM   #8
SteveLowe
Water Boy

Aloha fellow Hoosier, and thank you! What part of Indiana? Up here in South Bend, the cornfields have disappeared under a 6-inch blanket of white.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:10 AM   #9
alohapittsburgh
Water Boy

Member Number: 17465

I'm down in Indy. It just never stops snowing here after Thanksgiving it seems. I like Indiana other than all the Colts fans keying my car for the Steelers decal on it.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #10
SteveLowe
Water Boy

Stupid Colts fans...

By the way, I've got a special offer going for this weekend only - I'm giving away a free copy of my other recently released book if you buy this one off of Amazon. And I'm also making personalized bookmarks to anyone who buys and requests one. Get anything you want on the back, especially a hand-drawn picture of James Harrison ripping Joe Flacco's head off and holding his dripping skull aloft. That would be fun to draw. (Warning: all hand-drawn pictures are guaranteed to be terrible art, but in a hilariously-bad sort of way.)

Details here: http://steve-lowe.com/2010/12/18/wee...special-offer/

Also, reviews from a couple of Steelers bloggers will hopefully be on the way in the next month or so...