Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #11
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 2,822 Times in 1,093 Posts
Default Re: Achilles injury could sideline Polamalu for rest of regular season

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
No more lame excuses from the coaching staff, it's time that the offense do its part and carry more of the load.

As for Troy done for the year, I can't say that I'm not surprised. He's just one of those players who appears to be injury prone. It's time to start thinking about his successor and look to the draft for this position. It's a tough pill to swallow but it is what it is. After 7 seasons of service, it looks as though that his body is breaking down. When you consider the fact that the average NFL career is 3 and 1/2 seasons, he's done well for himself.
I think it's more of him picking up the slack of the rest of the secondary, sometimes even the rest of the team. He has QB like status at times throughout his career.
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #12
joeyssteelcurtain
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11092
Default Re: Achilles injury could sideline Polamalu for rest of regular season

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Exactly. The defense has won 10 games so far, now let's have the offense win one.

Not the case at all. Polamalu is just starting to be the best that he's been. He was seriously injured last year so he only played 5 games. This year he's played all 13 games so far, and did quite well, it's not like he's got another season/playoff ending injury. Most of his injuries have been minor and almost every player has minor injuries every year. Polamalu will play succesfully for at least 5 more years, you can hold me to that.
And he will play in the playoffs. We will be fine without him for the last 3 games

"I'm BLACK and GOLD until I'm dead and cold"
joeyssteelcurtain is offline   Reply With Quote