Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-19-2010, 09:10 AM   #11
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,521 Times in 675 Posts
Default Re: The Polamalu Factor

Between Ben's suspension, the long list of injured starters as well as the newbie wide receivers, I think that this season has demonstrated the concept of playing as a team more so than in years past.

Guys have stepped up to take up the slack and when the offense was cruising in the early part of the season, they made up for a weak secondary. As the season rolled on and Ben stepped in and the wideouts had to basically "learn" everything all over again, the defense began to step it up. As the D-line wore down (especially with Smith out), the secondary began to get it together and help offset the weakened line.

Though Troy is probably one of the most valuable players on this team, I believe that despite his absence, the "team" will find a way to take up the slack again. No one can replace him outright, but that doesn't mean that the defense can't find a way to lessen the impact of his absence. Don't forget too that the passing game has yet to really gel and maybe now's the time for that to start happening.

There are 22 guys out there that need to work together to get things done and even though Troy seems to count as two or three guys all by himself, the team still has to play as a team. Put another way, if Polamalu's absence spells disaster for the Steelers, then maybe we're not really a championship team yet. If the hopes and dreams of a football team rest on the availability of just one or two players, then they're just not ready to move on.

I for one think we're ready and though it will be tougher, I think the team will respond as a team - as we've done throughout the year. And though it often hasn't been pretty (as Ben said in his interview the other day), a W is still a W and that's all that matters.
FanSince72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:41 PM   #12
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148
Default Re: The Polamalu Factor

This will serve to bring the team together more than they already have this season. I look for a big offensive game today.
We will win 27 - 9
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote