Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-19-2010, 07:07 PM   #11
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,747 Times in 3,230 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: O- Line played well today

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
I guess Arians is too blame for Ben's two fumbles as well.
i'm talking about that draw play that was called. as for ben you always gotta take the bad with the good
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:07 PM   #12
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

They looked surprisingly good today. The big killer though was that 'un-necessary roughness' call. Was that on Flozell or Scott? That might've lost the game for us as well.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:38 PM   #13
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Good job O

I was pretty impressed with the offense this game. 2 90+ yard touchdown drives and really a game winning 90 yard drive. If Sanders wouldn't have been ridiculously held on one of the last plays of the game where he had beat his guy and was streaking into the endzone they would have won, he would have been open. Even when they didn't score they moved the ball well and ran pretty good too. For the first time this year, I have to say the O line did good. They gave Ben good time and when he did get sacked he had had the ball for a while. I'm not saying Ben hangs on to it too long, I'm just saying he had it for a while. Unfortunately, they could have done better on the last drive. Pretty good all around game from the O line though. And I was going to say Arians called a decent game until I saw the draw play, then I hated him again. The only complaint I have about the offense this game is about Spaeth. Horrible. But Miller should be back and that would have made a huge difference this game.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:43 PM   #14
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 416
Default Re: Good job O

I agree
Old 12-19-2010, 11:51 PM   #15
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1192

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
I was pretty impressed with the offense this game. 2 90+ yard touchdown drives and really a game winning 90 yard drive. If Sanders wouldn't have been ridiculously held on one of the last plays of the game where he had beat his guy and was streaking into the endzone they would have won, he would have been open. Even when they didn't score they moved the ball well and ran pretty good too. For the first time this year, I have to say the O line did good. They gave Ben good time and when he did get sacked he had had the ball for a while. I'm not saying Ben hangs on to it too long, I'm just saying he had it for a while. Unfortunately, they could have done better on the last drive. Pretty good all around game from the O line though. And I was going to say Arians called a decent game until I saw the draw play, then I hated him again. The only complaint I have about the offense this game is about Spaeth. Horrible. But Miller should be back and that would have made a huge difference this game.
All points are valid but those points don't win us a playoff game.
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:09 AM   #16
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful

I would've like to have seen a little more fight from Sanders on the final play of the game. The rookie just stood there staring at Ben. He's got to learn to shake his man and move. The O had a better day out of moving the ball but still struggled to put up points.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:42 AM   #17
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

The offense moved the ball, 17 points is not enough to win when you play without your best defensive player. When we were without Ben, the D was lights out, we needed this O to step up and put points on the board and they didn't THE OFFENSE FAILED TODAY. But when that happens everybody rips the D for losing the game. Even our defensive players blamed themselves. Is it too much to ask for the Offense to actuaslly score 24 or more points in a game??!!
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:07 AM   #18
USWSteel
Banned

Member Number: 17495

This offense is bad. We are going no where if they continue to under play small ball the rest of the year.
USWSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #19
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by eafratitpm3 View Post
All points are valid but those points don't win us a playoff game.
I understand what you are saying. But the Jets are a playoff team and if we didn't get raped by the refs we would have won, without Polamalu, Miller, Smith, and a few O linemen which will all hopefully be back for the playoffs. The obvious pass interference on the last drive in the endzone is what kept us from winning.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:27 PM   #20
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,784 Times in 719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
i think they played awesome but Ben looked mediocre. as for the saftey, if your going to run from the endzone why not give it to the runner averaging over 5 yards a carry. personally i would of thrown
Offensive line played like an entire different team but I disagree with Ben. I thought he stood up in there and was in a great rhythm. He played a great game, esp on the long 90+ yard drives, BOTH times. Ben is a stud and he played better than I initially thought yesterday. Good job by the o-line to keep him clean for the most part against a fury rush.