Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 12-20-2010, 04:05 AM   #81
IowaSteeler927
Super Moderator

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,851 Times in 873 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
Default Re: Post game thoughts and goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Lombardi View Post
Guys,

Maybe we're not that good. I now add Leblow to the list of problems with this teams coaching. I can give him a mulligan for the Brady screwup and not over blitzing NE.. But not to send the house on Sancheez whiz.... Ridunkulous. Arians can take his sorry ass back to brown stain ville. WE DON'T WANT YOU INFECTING OUR TEAM ANY LONGER WITH YOUR SORRY ASS OHIO KARMA.

Say what you want about the poor play calling, poor refereeing, better team lost...blah, blah, blah, Do you actually thing the JETS are flying home right now giving 2 sheets about how they won. Stop blaming the refs... .Other teams do that when we win, especially the Ratbird fans... It is embarrasing that we don't look in the mirror and blame ourselves. 100%... For retaining an Offensive Coordinator that holds us back, for a Defensive Coordinator that doesn't trust our team enough to blitz douchebags... Come on.... We are a very good Defense that can stop the run but not a top throwing QB. We are a very good Offense unless we listen to an offensive coordinator like Arians... So hold on because nobody is beating NE in New England.. Brady is protected like no other QB and Ben continues to get pummeled. Our team will continue to be a marked team because we choose to speak up against the league and Go to hell Goodell. Football as we knew it is on the way out. This high scoring BS is what the league wants and they are ruining smash mouth football and fans like me. GO ahead and strike, strike for years... They really don't play football anymore anyways... They play what ever football the league feels like calling today.

I love the Steelers but unfortunately we can no longer be the Steelers. F. U Goodell for taking my beloved football. Hello Hockey and the Pens!

Any why exactly should we blame the team when two touchdowns were prevented by Antonio Cromartie grabbing Mike Wallace and Emmanuel Sander's jerseys on key plays? Poor officiating IS the reason this game was lost plain and simple. The defense played a good game and the offense played better than they have the past two weeks.

The cold hard fact of the matter is that Antonio Cromartie got away with 3 out of 4 holding/pass interference penalites by hanging onto the back of Wallace's and Sanders' jerseys and that on two of the occasions he did it he prevented touchdowns with the major one being committed in the last seconds of the game.

I will agree with you though that the NFL is turning into powder puff football. Offenses are allowed to do whatever they want because defenders can no longer hit receivers or Quarterbacks the way that they have always been able to in the past. The Hypocrite Roger Goodell continues to tarnish the tradition of the sport of football and to ruin the reputation of the NFL with his abuse of his authority over the league.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:10 AM   #82
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasStlrFan View Post
I see a ton of people bashing Arian's play calling as always (maybe rightfully so, I'm not a BA fan). But what about Ben? He was 23-44, barely over 50%, 264 yd and a TD. We have a $100M QB that is average every week. If you have a guy thats really worth $100M and you give him 44 shots in a game you'd think he might produce more than average numbers.

Defense was fine, 13pts and gave the O 2 shots to win it at the end of the game.
Might want to look at the talent around him. The line is not good. The receivers are average at best. This team is not at 10 wins without him.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:58 AM   #83
USWSteel
Banned

Member Number: 17495

Quote:
I see a ton of people bashing Arian's play calling as always (maybe rightfully so, I'm not a BA fan). But what about Ben? He was 23-44, barely over 50%, 264 yd and a TD. We have a $100M QB that is average every week. If you have a guy thats really worth $100M and you give him 44 shots in a game you'd think he might produce more than average numbers.

Defense was fine, 13pts and gave the O 2 shots to win it at the end of the game.
I agree 1000%. Ben had all day to throw today and still only musters one TD pass. The WR's were wide open today. He missed a wide open Wallace in the 1st quarter(threw it 5 yards OB) and then again on the fake spike, Ben's pass wasn't even close. We keep making all the excuses in the world for Ben's mediocre play this year ...O-line,BA and any other things you can think of. He simply isnt playing good at all. For every completion I can think of 2 passes that are to WR's shoe tops or 5 feet over there head. Alot of his completions are great catches by the receivers ( see randle el catch). I think this is where Brady and Manning are leaps and bounds above Ben, they make the players on there offense much better then they are..ie Collie, Tamme, Garcon, Woodhead, Branch, Both NE TE's Edelman and on and on and on. Both teams can plug in a player and they dont miss a beat on offense We dont have that luxury because Ben just doesnt have the same abilty to make the others around him better. Just think if our defense was average, how many game would we have won this year giving up says 25 pts per game. Not many. Ben has a 100 million $ contract....start playing like it.
USWSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:20 AM   #84
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:

I agree with you 100%. I wrote it many times before. I don't think we get $100M worth of production from Ben.
If what Ben does is worth $100M, then Polamalu should get $300M ........... and Brady should be paid $500M.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:56 AM   #85
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
I agree with you 100%. I wrote it many times before. I don't think we get $100M worth of production from Ben.
If what Ben does is worth $100M, then Polamalu should get $300M ........... and Brady should be paid $500M.

haha. Let Brady come in here and play with this high-school caliber quality OL. Our receivers are continually fouling up their running routes. We've had more dropped passes than the avg team. Manning or Brees would even do one step worse than Brady. You would not see the world-class Brady you see w/NE. He has a great OL up there. He's great when he has all day long and he usually almost always does. When he's under pressure he's an avg QB.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:11 AM   #86
BritishSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 878

Blown ST coverage on the kick-off - someone else said it - you give up a ST touchdown, you'll probably lose. It's a shame because our ST has looked a lot better this season (more so now Sweez is kicking). Then there were the stupid decisions - coaching and players - the Moore play that led to the safety - in what universe is the evidence that would end differently? Adams stupid personal foul penalty that completely derailed a promising drive - this guy is supposed to be a vet - he should play like one. Yes, the officiating crew blew, but then the officiating this year has been dismal, and it's not like we're the only ones suffering.

We didn't play very well yesterday, and it's one of those games that you'd want back, so playing on Thursday Night might be a bonus. That said, we still moved the ball better than late and my biggest disappointment yesterday was very conservative play calling on defence. Hopefully, two fairly easy wins with some back-ups in and a few injuries healed and we'll be a different team in the playoffs.

I'm not too worried about yesterday - chalk it down to a bad day at the office.........
Old 12-20-2010, 08:13 AM   #87
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
haha. Let Brady come in here and play with this high-school caliber quality OL. Our receivers are continually fouling up their running routes. We've had more dropped passes than the avg team. Manning or Brees would even do one step worse than Brady. You would not see the world-class Brady you see w/NE. He has a great OL up there. He's great when he has all day long and he usually almost always does. When he's under pressure he's an avg QB.
Ben was not under pressure yesterday. He had at least 5 or 6 secs in the pocket, yet, his completion ratio was pretty much 50%.
Compare the passing stats between Brady and Ben against the Jets. Brady attempted 1/2 the passes Ben attempted yesterday, yet, Brady scored 4 TDs and Ben 1.

Brady has 31TDs - 4 INT so far, Ben has 14 TDs - 5 INT. Ben's now 10th in QB rating, he was 5th 3 weeks ago. Ben's also 17th in % of completion. That's not the stats of a $100M QB, sorry.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:22 AM   #88
USWSteel
Banned

Member Number: 17495

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
Ben was not under pressure yesterday. He had at least 5 or 6 secs in the pocket, yet, his completion ratio was pretty much 50%.
Compare the passing stats between Brady and Ben against the Jets. Brady attempted 1/2 the passes Ben attempted yesterday, yet, Brady scored 4 TDs and Ben 1.

Brady has 31TDs - 4 INT so far, Ben has 14 TDs - 5 INT. Ben's now 10th in QB rating, he was 5th 3 weeks ago. Ben's also 17th in % of completion. That's not the stats of a $100M QB, sorry.
How many of those 31 TD's did the OL throw ?
USWSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:48 AM   #89
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Lombardi View Post
Guys,

Maybe we're not that good. I now add Leblow to the list of problems with this teams coaching.
You blame "Leblow" for the defense only allowing 13 points? And then compare that the the NE debacle? Seriously, c'mon man.

And I didn't quote your rant, but I noticed you didn't mention ST's once in it. They are the biggest reason the Steelers lost.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #90
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,069 Times in 426 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

bla bla bla .....bunch of debbie downers
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote