Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-11-2010, 02:29 PM   #41
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,762 Posts
Default Re: Why is Julian Assange un-American?

i seen where the one cable from bush , he said the saudi king was a good kisser , but had B.O. ....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #42
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i seen where the one cable from bush , he said the saudi king was a good kisser , but had B.O. ....
You're confused.

That was a cable from our current president, B.O., stating that the king was indeed a good kisser, but had too much bush.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:42 AM   #43
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post

Don't you think we have a right to know that? Our government tells us one thing, knowing something completely different is happening?

That's what upsets me. If the truth comes out about why we are over there, what's happening or the same for any other location and it's different than what the govt spoon feeds us, i.e. lies. I believe we have a right to know. Then we can take that knowledge to the voting booth.
i highly recommend watching this video. it gives a whole new perspective when it comes to deciding if what the government tells you is true or not.

http://veehd.com/video/4551973_Dispa...Wikileaks-2010

if you don't have, or want to download the DIVX webplayer you can watch it on youtube in parts
part 1

part2

part 3

part 4

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #44
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

This whole thing is overhyped. Ignore Assange. He wants you to chase him. He wants to be an international fugitive.

And think about it. If some Australian guy can get at hundreds of thousands of secret US documents, don't you think China can too? Why doesn't the military try doing a better job of securing their information.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #45
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
This whole thing is overhyped. Ignore Assange. He wants you to chase him. He wants to be an international fugitive.

And think about it. If some Australian guy can get at hundreds of thousands of secret US documents, don't you think China can too? Why doesn't the military try doing a better job of securing their information.
That's part of the point, I guess. Assange doesn't "get" the information; it's given to him, mostly by disgruntled Pentagon and CIA employees who are feeling abused, ignored, or overworked and underpaid. I imagine there's a few idealists in the mix as well, who perhaps believed our own propaganda and thought they were signing up for something nobler.

There's another possibility as well, and MoP touched on it when he was asking why there's nothing on Israel: these documents could have been selectively leaked. They are real government documents, but not everything. Ahmadinejead is convinced they are CIA-initiated. He's not the brightest bulb on Earth, but he would know a thing or two about CIA programs.

The Israel tidbit is perhaps the most telling. I mean, think about it... since the Soviet Union collapsed, there's really only been one country heavily spying on the US, and that's Israel. And yet we have NO documents on them? What are the odds of that?
Old 12-12-2010, 07:17 PM   #46
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i highly recommend watching this video. it gives a whole new perspective when it comes to deciding if what the government tells you is true or not.

http://veehd.com/video/4551973_Dispa...Wikileaks-2010

if you don't have, or want to download the DIVX webplayer you can watch it on youtube in parts
part 1

part2

part 3

part 4
good videos
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #47
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

INDYMEDIA: WikiLeaks ‘struck a deal with Israel’ over diplomatic cables leaks

Quote:
“Assange met with Israeli officials in Geneva earlier this year and struck the secret deal. The Israel government, it seems, had somehow found out or expected that the documents to be leaked contained a large number of documents about the Israeli attacks on Lebanon and Gaza in 2006 and 2008-9 respectively. These documents, which are said to have originated mainly from the Israeli embassies in Tel Aviv and Beirut, where removed and possibly destroyed by Assange, who is the only person who knows the password that can open these documents, the sources added.”
http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/12...r-cable-leaks/

Old 12-21-2010, 02:58 PM   #48
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

I find it hard to believe a source that can't even spell "were."
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:35 PM   #49
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
I find it hard to believe a source that can't even spell "were."
lol... well i'm not positive , but i think it was arab media that "cracked" , the story. normally i wouldn't put too much stock into anything muslim when it comes to israel , because it's obviously going to be biased and filled with propoganda , but the fact that no israel dirt has been exposed is a bit fishy no ? does washington never have under the hat discussions about israel that gets recorded like they have every other country ? hell considering israel is the eye of the middle east storm , and a major reason why we are the "big satan' , i'd think at least half of those half a mill cables woulda been dedicated to them. i also found it pretty strange that , be it true or not , i haven't heard a peep about it in our media.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:43 AM   #50
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
While I know this country is flawed, I accept that, because I also know that in the end it usually serves the greater good.
IMHO that's a pretty naive statement. When our government starts illegal wars, dominates the majority of the countries financially and militarily on the planet, controls most countries resources, crashes global financial markets; they should expect that some people are going to do whatever they have to do to get people the information. If you think what Manning and Wkileaks released is bad you need to see a movie called:

The Most Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1319726/plotsummary

Younger American's especially should this movie. This is what it used to be like before 95% of the world media was controlled by 5 or 6 corporations. What Manning and Wikileaks released wasn't anything comparable to the release of the Pentagon Papers and Daniel Ellsberg is an American that worked in the Pentagon. The Pentagon Papers was the pre-cursor that lead to Watergate and brought down a presidency. When someone is willing to risk going to prison for over 100 years, trust me they have something important to say. People died because of the release of the Pentagon Papers, but how many more peoples lives were saved by ending the illegal war in Vietnam? All Americans need to stop listening to media rhetoric telling them how great we are, and open a history book. Then they would realize some of the vile things we've done around the world since WW2. Personally I applaud Wikileaks and all other websites like them, I actually see them as "serving the greater good". I wish the American public spent the amount of time we do watching football reading sites like Wikileaks, asking questions, and searching for the truth. I think we'd be living in a much better world, at least a safer one.
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote