Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #21
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659
Default Re: Nantz and Simms

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
Has Nantz ever actually had ANY fun in his life?
Well, he cheated on his wife with a women several years younger.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:23 PM   #22
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

^ WIN!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 03:53 PM   #23
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklandrules View Post
Well, he cheated on his wife with a women several years younger.
Recently?

If not, maybe he should consider it again because lately he sounds more and more like a man in dire need of a "happy ending" (unless Phil is handling that).
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:18 PM   #24
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

Should have provided a link ....
http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...roversial.html
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:37 PM   #25
jizzballz
Banned

Member Number: 17482

nantz and simms are good commentators for CBS, I love the Collingsworth-Michaels duo the most.
jizzballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:34 AM   #26
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by fer522 View Post
no we're gonna blame it on Nantz and Simms
that's just pitiful
no one is "blaming" Nantz and Simms. They're just discussing what they think of the announcing duo. I actually like Simms, even though he seems to just love it when we lose. Nantz, on the other hand, i can't stand.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:55 PM   #27
CargoJon
Starter

Member Number: 4796

Quote:
Originally Posted by jizzballz View Post
nantz and simms are good commentators for CBS, I love the Collingsworth-Michaels duo the most.
Michaels is the only one of those four that actually belong behind a microphone.
CargoJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:47 AM   #28
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CargoJon View Post
Michaels is the only one of those four that actually belong behind a microphone.
I think that Michaels is an excellent play-by-play guy, but I also think that if it was just him it would be boring as hell. Michaels needs Collinsworth and as color commentators go, Collinsworth is one of the best. He doesn't shy away from bad calls or stupid decisions and will point them out if he sees them and as far as the "X's and O's" go, he knows what he's talking about. The banter between him and Michaels is more like eavesdropping on two good friends watching a game instead of the statistical yak yak I hear from most everyone else and I like that feeling.

The ESPN crew by comparison all sound as if they each have an NFL encyclopedia in front of them and they spend three hours spouting one useless statistic after another and after about ten minutes it all sounds like white noise. I also don't appreciate the "choreography" of having one of them constantly running at the mouth until a second or two before the snap.

Sometimes (many times) it's perfectly OK to just shut up and say nothing. This, after all, is television, not radio so I don't have to be constantly reminded of what I just saw for myself or am seeing right this minute, nor do I have to be bombarded with all of the "filler" between plays.

That's one of the best things about Michaels and Collinsworth - if they don't have something to say, they don't say anything and when they ARE saying something, it's in a conversational tone rather than the frenetic jabbering you get from someone like Jaworski.

Put another way, if these crews were compared to music, the ESPN crew would be over- amplified techno-pop while Michaels and Collinsworth would be smooth jazz.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:59 PM   #29
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
I think that Michaels is an excellent play-by-play guy, but I also think that if it was just him it would be boring as hell. Michaels needs Collinsworth and as color commentators go, Collinsworth is one of the best. He doesn't shy away from bad calls or stupid decisions and will point them out if he sees them and as far as the "X's and O's" go, he knows what he's talking about. The banter between him and Michaels is more like eavesdropping on two good friends watching a game instead of the statistical yak yak I hear from most everyone else and I like that feeling.

The ESPN crew by comparison all sound as if they each have an NFL encyclopedia in front of them and they spend three hours spouting one useless statistic after another and after about ten minutes it all sounds like white noise. I also don't appreciate the "choreography" of having one of them constantly running at the mouth until a second or two before the snap.

Sometimes (many times) it's perfectly OK to just shut up and say nothing. This, after all, is television, not radio so I don't have to be constantly reminded of what I just saw for myself or am seeing right this minute, nor do I have to be bombarded with all of the "filler" between plays.

That's one of the best things about Michaels and Collinsworth - if they don't have something to say, they don't say anything and when they ARE saying something, it's in a conversational tone rather than the frenetic jabbering you get from someone like Jaworski.

Put another way, if these crews were compared to music, the ESPN crew would be over- amplified techno-pop while Michaels and Collinsworth would be smooth jazz.

I agree.....believe it or not, Collnsworth has turned into one of the, if not the best and most interesting commentator.
Michaels is OK, but he's a league apologist who won't do the hard criticizing when its justified and/or obvious. Chris, on the other hand, doesn't even hesitate.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #30
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

I wish Troy Aikman would join CBS so we could hear him every once in a while. Though, I don't care for his over dramatic counterpart Joe Buck.

Phil Simms is such a douche, though. Not only is his commentating not the least interesting, I've always thought he was anti-Pittsburgh too. I hate it when he says, "I know the fans want a flag, but......"
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote