Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 12-22-2010, 04:40 PM   #21
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Re: Pretty Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodis View Post
I respectfully disagree here. If there has been an incosistency in our passing it's been route running and or #7. Ward makes the grab and takes the hit almost every time.

I haven't been able to share the devastation of Ward on my fantasy team becase i'm so tied up with my World of Warcraft tournaments

I think Bouchette questioned why we were throwing to a back-up TE instead of someone like Ward at the end of the game. IMHO it's a question of design not the reciever?
First, let me say I think it is corny when someone tries to act like real men don't play Fantasy football or Madden...that's lame. If it's not for you great but you don't earn any manly points for not participating.

Rather than blather about a persons value outside of fantasy numbers respect the fact that I said I've been watching his receiving production closely because he's on my team. Sometimes it is possible to feel like a lot was done because of one or two big or key catches but that doesn't replace productivity. Both are important.

The issue is not drops. It is possible they are not going to him because he is not getting open. That is the issue.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:38 PM   #22
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
First, let me say I think it is corny when someone tries to act like real men don't play Fantasy football or Madden...that's lame. If it's not for you great but you don't earn any manly points for not participating.

Rather than blather about a persons value outside of fantasy numbers respect the fact that I said I've been watching his receiving production closely because he's on my team. Sometimes it is possible to feel like a lot was done because of one or two big or key catches but that doesn't replace productivity. Both are important.

The issue is not drops. It is possible they are not going to him because he is not getting open. That is the issue.
are you serious? You tried to make a point about Ward's productivity by telling us he sucks on a fantasy football team......... that's lame and corny

I didn't think I was trying to misconstrue Hines Ward's effectivness on the field. If you were a season ticket holder and told me "He's not getting open" your words would have more merit then the fact he's on your fantasy team. Bottom line is he's one of the best options we have right now at reciever IMO

sorry for offending you bro... i'll take stats more serious next time
Old 12-22-2010, 09:50 PM   #23
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodis View Post
are you serious? You tried to make a point about Ward's productivity by telling us he sucks on a fantasy football team......... that's lame and corny

I didn't think I was trying to misconstrue Hines Ward's effectivness on the field. If you were a season ticket holder and told me "He's not getting open" your words would have more merit then the fact he's on your fantasy team. Bottom line is he's one of the best options we have right now at reciever IMO

sorry for offending you bro... i'll take stats more serious next time
lol...

I have been able to watch all the games this year but as you know the camera doesn't show who is getting open and who is not since I am not there in person (as you pointed out). I can only assume that he is not getting open. Why else would they not throw to him more?

I'm glad you realized I was not saying he was not productive ONLY BECAUSE he did not score well for me for fantasy. We all respect the blocks Hines makes. My point is that sometimes because of 1 or 2 good catches, we can have memory of a receiver being more productive than they really are. There were times when I watched the game and thought that Ward had been more productive ...then went to see my fantasy numbers and saw it was just a couple of good plays coloring my perception.

It's fine if you want to make the argument that a couple of good plays is just as important as being a steady thoroughbred and coming through each and every game but I didn't appreciate you trying to belittle me because I have a fantasy team.

We all are smart enough to know that players have value beyond fantasy stats. My point was that I know whether he had steady production because I was observing his stats. Someone else said he came through every game (can't remember whether it was you).

Cheers