Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-21-2010, 02:46 PM   #11
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447
Default Re: the no call pass intefereance on jets

I agree that the refs sucked. You don't throw a flag 3 times for nothing at this level and you don't f*ck up with the chains either.
This being said, I for one believe that:
1) there are way too many rules in this friggin' game and some make no sense whatsoever
2) some rules are applied very liberally, very inconsistently and sometimes completely against the spirit of the game

As for PI and holding, if the infraction doesn't have an impact on the play, it shouldn't be called IMO. Who cares if a OL player holds a guy 50ft away from the play? Who cares if a CB touches the WR if the ball isn't catchable?
That's the kind of stuff that should be revisited, IMO

Oh and I don't get the fines either. So now a player is not flagged on the field but he receives a fine via mail?!? What a joke! Pretty soon, they're gonna have radar guns on the field, clock the players and give them speeding tickets.

Stop the insanity, Goodell, you're killing the game.

Last edited by plenewken; 12-21-2010 at 04:46 PM.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:51 AM   #12
Goat27
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16471

Honestly, it seems from the get go, the NFL/Commish Goodell been out to get the Steelers Franchise, suspend Ben 4 games, Suspen ( at the time still was with us, Santanio ), Fine Silverback for being a football player, see mysterious helmet to helmet hits on Ryan Clark, but miss Ben getting his nose broke, Heath getting decapitated, call Kemo for holding after we get a nice run but never does Lamarr Woodley get held, it's crazy.
That was so obvious that Emmanuel was held, Phil Simms said he slowed down, then when he saw the replay, he said oh i see why he slowed down, he was held!!!!!
Goat27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:39 AM   #13
ncsteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 17348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Ed. B. from the P-G is tearing it up this week

After blasting Arians yesterday he does this drive by on the officiating today

I thought the Steelers game against Oakland was the worst officiated game I’ve ever seen, and it still may be. But their game against the Jets had to be officiated by the dumbest men I’ve ever seen, led by referee Pete Morelli, the guy who ruled Troy Polamalu’s interception against Indianapolis in their 2005 playoff game was not an interception.

Morelli lost his flag three times! No penalty, just lost the flag. That’s a first for me. I’ve seen officials inadvertently lose a flag on occasions but it’s rare. I’ve never seen one lose his twice in 26 years of covering football as my job. Now I’ve seen one three times. A man from the NFL told me that Morelli is from Southern California and not used to working while wearing gloves and had trouble handling the flag. Hey, Pete, get some Velcro!

Then there was the 9-yard first down. Rashard Mendenhall ran 9 yards on first down to set up a second and one. But then confusion reigned. The chain gang moved toward a first down and the officials could not figure it out and just gave the Steelers a first down.

That too was a first. Then there was the blatant holding penalty on Emmanuel Sanders, who had broken out in the open and was yanked by the back of his shirt by a Jets defender.

None of that may have made a difference in the outcome, but it had to be embarrassing to the NFL.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...-town/steelers

To the extent this is on the PG+ premium site I am hesitant to keep posting these excerpts - for the $3 per month Bouchette's comments are worth the $ for me

Agreed the officiating is horrible this season - part of it mey be with big screen HD and the quality of the camera coverage it is so easy to see thee screwups
I know it's premium content, but the link takes you to the article with no problems...hmmmm

Never mind I see at the bottom it says how many things I can view before I have to subscribe.
ncsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote