Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-24-2010, 09:44 AM   #1
truesteelerfan
Team Captain

Member Number: 11218
Default Question about bens foot

Was at my favorite adult drinking establishment to watch the panther game last night, and instead of our usual finger nail chewing 4th q, we relaxed and chatted a bit like most Pitt fans probably did. So I'm hoping we heard the announcer wrong, but did he say something about a bone sticking out the side of bens foot? Like outside the skin? Would that be even possible or safe to play with? Did anyone else hear that better? Not always the best acoustics in these places to hear a game ya know
truesteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:57 AM   #2
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Question about bens foot

I doubt it's sticking up out of the skin, thought that is what the announcer made it sound like. It's probably just noticeably sticking up and looks like an awkward bump on the top of his foot.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Whoa... WHAT?! I missed this entirely because the commentators are so annoying that I just naturally tune them out after a while.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:33 AM   #4
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post
Whoa... WHAT?! I missed this entirely because the commentators are so annoying that I just naturally tune them out after a while.
Yeah, they were idiots for most of the game. Honestly, I don't even know who calls the Thursday night games (I don't pay that much attention), but they were making obvious errors all night.

I think they just made it sound a lot worse than it probably is. I'm sure it doesn't look pretty, but they made it sound like he's got a bloody, broken bone sticking up through the skin.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:08 PM   #5
grward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7527

I heard the comment and didn't take it that way. I thought they were saying that the bone was broken and you could see it protruding out. I never took this to mean it was breaking through the skin. If this is true, looks like he will be wearing that goofy boot thoughout the playoffs. Not to mention that it sounds horribly painful.
grward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:12 PM   #6
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,231 Times in 1,378 Posts

rumor is , that after the jets game , rex ryan asked ben if he could take a look at his foot ....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:40 PM   #7
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
rumor is , that after the jets game , rex ryan asked ben if he could take a look at his foot ....
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:48 PM   #8
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

The announcer didnt' say that, that random girl on the sideline said "if you notice, there's a bump on his cast, thats where the bone is sticking up"

Its not sticking out of his skin or anything, but if you saw his foot without a shooe on, you'd see a big awkward bump there and it would look really bad, but its not.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:35 AM   #9
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Yeah, they were idiots for most of the game. Honestly, I don't even know who calls the Thursday night games (I don't pay that much attention), but they were making obvious errors all night.

I think they just made it sound a lot worse than it probably is. I'm sure it doesn't look pretty, but they made it sound like he's got a bloody, broken bone sticking up through the skin.
Let's see... Thursday's crew consisted of Matt Millen, a guy who is most notable for running the Detroit Lions into the ground even more than they already were, Joe Theismann, a great QB in his day but is most famous for his career-ending injury at the hands of LT, and Bob Papa, a guy who is known for having the most ridiculous name in sportscasting history. Nobody really worth paying much attention to.

Theismann at least had a pretty outstanding career until his injury though, so I can understand having him there. But Millen? Man, his presence alone is enough to offend people. He's like the antichrist to Detroit fans. I know that their team has been bad for a long, long time and there are plenty of people to blame for that, but Millen ranks among the worst.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote