Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-29-2010, 12:31 PM   #31
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447
Default Re: Sexual assault lawsuit against Roethlisberger still lingers in Nevada court syste

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRick View Post
The point I was trying to at is that under our legal system is doesn't matter if you did it or not you can always find some scumbag lawyer to file a civil suit.
I'll ask you 1 simple question: how come other single PGH sports celebrities, don't face lawsuits for sexual harassment? Have you heard of Crosby, Malkin, Staal or Fleury being sued? Not me. What about top Steelers draftees since 2004? I haven't heard anything either.

Even Ben admitted he had sex with Ms McNulty and he added that sex was consensual. Obviously, she has a completely different opinion. That's the whole point of contention.

Ms McNulty was working at Harrah's as VIP Exec. She was not some trash hanging out in bars at night. The alleged assault occurred at her workplace.

Twice in 18 months, Ben has been accused of forcing himself on women. Who believes that these 2 women invented the whole thing? Not me.
What saved Ben's @ss so far is that the one in GA was too drunk to be completely credible in her accusations, big difference. I also believe Ben had some kind of sex with her. As a matter of fact, the DA in GA was pretty clear (and harsh) in his statement. He said he didn't have enough evidence to prosecute Ben. He didn't say there's zero evidence.

Bottom line is, can't Ben have steady GFs like everyone else, instead of hitting on random drunk women in hotels and bars? What's the f*ck is his problem? The guy was a creep, no ifs, ands or buts. Maybe he's learned from his mistakes and I hope he did but this doesn't make his less responsible for what he did in the past.

He's paid for his behavior vis a vis the NFL but he still has to face the consequences of his acts with one of the 2 women involved. That's not unexpected.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:45 PM   #32
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Sexual assault lawsuit against Roethlisberger still lingers in Nevada court syste

Bottom line is, can't Ben have steady GFs like everyone else, instead of hitting on random drunk women in hotels and bars? What's the f*ck is his problem? The guy was a creep, no ifs, ands or buts. Maybe he's learned from his mistakes and I hope he did but this doesn't make his less responsible for what he did in the past.

He's paid for his behavior vis a vis the NFL but he still has to face the consequences of his acts with one of the 2 women involved. That's not unexpected.[/QUOTE]

Do you have evidence that Ben is out hitting on "random drunk women?". Other NFL players "hook up" too and do it all the time in bars, but all it takes is some attention-wanting, crazy to drag your name through the mud. It could easily happen to any of us.
If you were there with the crowd, then you can say he was a creep "no if, ands, and buts"...but you weren't there...and neither was i. He could have been a creep....He also could have been unfairly targeted too.
Once some nutcase has accused you of something somewhere, the attention-wanters are all out there on high-alert, thus Ben becomes a big target.
The only thing i think Ben should have done different is after the 1st incident that quite possibly might not even have any truth to it, is to stay out of bars, especially college ones, in case something like that happened again.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:59 PM   #33
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
I'm curious, do you believe in our legal system? If you do then you shouldn't be so quick to defend someone just because he qb's your favorite football team. What if there is some merit to her claim? What you are supposed to do is not rush to judgement and hear the facts and then make a decision.

You've already decided she's a liar simply because she accused a steeler. That's more a perversion of justice than any scum bag lawyer could do.
I haven'y decided anything maybe he is guilty. All I'm saying is that under our legal system anybody can sue you for anything. All you need is a lawyer willing to file suit. And no I don't believe in our sytem of justice as it exists today, it's totally out of whack!
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:15 PM   #34
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
Do you have evidence that Ben is out hitting on "random drunk women?". Other NFL players "hook up" too and do it all the time in bars, but all it takes is some attention-wanting, crazy to drag your name through the mud. It could easily happen to any of us.
If you were there with the crowd, then you can say he was a creep "no if, ands, and buts"...but you weren't there...and neither was i. He could have been a creep....He also could have been unfairly targeted too.
Once some nutcase has accused you of something somewhere, the attention-wanters are all out there on high-alert, thus Ben becomes a big target.
The only thing i think Ben should have done different is after the 1st incident that quite possibly might not even have any truth to it, is to stay out of bars, especially college ones, in case something like that happened again.
I didn't say Ben is the only pea brain in the NFL hitting on random drunk broads but 2 wrongs don't make 1 right.
Believe what you want and like I said, let me know when Crosby makes the headlines for similar incidents.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:17 PM   #35
TRH
Living Legend

I hear ya....but i'm not even sure "2 wrongs" were committed. Very good chance they weren't...
Old 12-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #36
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRick View Post
I haven'y decided anything maybe he is guilty. All I'm saying is that under our legal system anybody can sue you for anything. All you need is a lawyer willing to file suit. And no I don't believe in our sytem of justice as it exists today, it's totally out of whack!
It's not like she's suing him for nothing. He admitted they had sex. She views it as non consensual. I wouldn't classify that as suing him over nothing. For instance, say a girl agrees to have sex with you and you decide while you're performing a sexual position that involves her being bent over and you approaching her from behind you decide to stick your thumb in her butt and she does not consent; guess what you just did, rape her. Look at the definition of rape and tell me you didn't.

Remember Kobe?

While we may think you can be sued for anything, and maybe you can, this is not one of those cases.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:36 PM   #37
TRH
Living Legend

Quote:
It's not like she's suing him for nothing. He admitted they had sex. She views it as non consensual. I wouldn't classify that as suing him over nothing. For instance, say a girl agrees to have sex with you and you decide while you're performing a sexual position that involves her being bent over and you approaching her from behind you decide to stick your thumb in her butt and she does not consent; guess what you just did, rape her. Look at the definition of rape and tell me you didn't.

Remember Kobe?

While we may think you can be sued for anything, and maybe you can, this is not one of those cases.

Thats a good way of putting things. I just think too many people, some hometown "fans" as well, are portraying him as some brutal, bullying rapist who's slamming girls down and its just not true.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:48 PM   #38
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Thats a good way of putting things. I just think too many people, some hometown "fans" as well, are portraying him as some brutal, bullying rapist who's slamming girls down and its just not true.
"Hey bitches, take my shots!".
Old 12-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #39
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

Quote:

Remember Kobe?

How do you know were you there? .

Last edited by BigRick; 12-29-2010 at 07:26 PM.
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:56 PM   #40
USWSteel
Banned

Member Number: 17495

Quote:

How do you know it's not true ? That's how it very well may have happened. Oh I see because he's Big Ben the Steeler it's not true right ? Listen we don't know, but I'm not ready to say that both of these girls are nut cases either like you have made it seem.
This is one reason I would really like to see this play out in court. If Ben has nothing to hide he should have no problem taking the stand and telling his side of the story. Until then I cant help believe the way things have played out so far that he is the one hiding something .
USWSteel is offline   Reply With Quote