Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-02-2011, 10:35 AM   #11
hicksfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 745
Default Re: Question to Christians ?

all "holy days" are derived from solstices and equinoxes, our ancestors primitive understanding of the sun's movements through the sky as told by a "solar myth" that all "sons of god" (jesus, horus, mithras, khrishna, etc and so on) used as parts of their hero story personalized to their timeline, only the names change. the sun is crucified between the two thieves saggitarius and capricorn on the solstice and rises from the dead 3 days later to grow in strength. this understanding enabled us to shift to farming over hunter/gatherer in our evolution. the fact that easter is calculated by celestial bodies is proof of it's true origin. jesus is as real as the other sun gods that predated him. the sun was born of a virgin mother (virgo) and all that good stuff too. the 12 disciples all correlate to the signs of the zodiac, an integral thrust of the solar myth.

Last edited by hicksfan; 01-02-2011 at 03:19 PM.
hicksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #12
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

I'm just guessing that Hicksfan isn't a Christian??? lol :

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:01 AM   #13
shinoff2183
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13979

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksfan View Post
all "holy days" are derived from solstices and equinoxes, our ancestors primitive understanding of the sun's movements through the sky as told by a "solar myth" that all "sons of god" (jesus, horus, mithras, khrishna, etc and so on) used as parts of their hero story personalized to their timeline, only the names change. the sun is crucified between the two thieves saggitarius and capricorn on the solstice and rises from the dead 3 days later to grow in strength. this understanding enabled us to shift to farming over hunter/gatherer in our evolution. the fact that easter is calculated by celestial bodies is proof of it's true origin. jesus is as real as the other sun gods that predated him. the sun was born of a virgin mother (virgo) and all that good stuff too. the 12 disciples all correlate to the signs of the zodiac, an integral thrust of the solar myth.

Well you put that way better then I could of ever said that.
shinoff2183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:22 AM   #14
hicksfan
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodcitygirl View Post
I'm just guessing that Hicksfan isn't a Christian??? lol :
well, i was raised that way and suffered for it. the whole image, you know, is that eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions god's infinite love.... "believe or die"
Old 01-04-2011, 11:28 AM   #15
hicksfan
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinoff2183 View Post
Well you put that way better then I could of ever said that.
i've read quite extensively on the subject over the past couple years. i knew that mithras and horus and others had identical stories to christ's but it wasn't until recently that i found out why all those parts were involved: virgin mother, raising from the dead in 3 days, miracles, etc. the all reflect fables about stages of the sun's travels through the sky. there's really nothing original about any of it outside of the solar myth itself. once you know the real story, you start to see how lazy they were slapping the bible together. there are still so many references to celestial bodies in the books that you understand why they charged heresy to anyone who knew the real story.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #16
urgle burgle
Starter

Member Number: 12834
My Mood: Confused

I am so glad that an innocent and interesting quesiton about why their are no Jesus "Birthday Parties, was taken over by Atheists, and turned into why I don't believe in God, and you shouldn't either. kudos for that hijack.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #17
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

I think its lame to celebrate Jesus's birth on christmas, I see christmas as a holiday that actually makes people feel bad for being greedy assholes and actually give presents to other people and be nice for like a week or 2 during the year. Plus christmas lights are awesome and Santa is realer than jesus.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #18
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksfan View Post
well, i was raised that way and suffered for it. the whole image, you know, is that eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions god's infinite love.... "believe or die"
I'm sorry about your personal experience and I wouldn't consider disrespecting you by debating that point. Millions of people would disagree with you on your "facts" and have had much different personal experiences. Me included.

If I read the initial post correctly, a question was being posed, in a thoughtful way, for those who are believers in Christ. I tried to blow off your initial post with humor. I know it's not considered to be politically correct but quite frankly, I don't give a flying flip about your opinion on my faith. I think it sucks that you felt the need to express it in this thread instead of starting one of your own, which I could have chosen to read or not. Christmas, for many Christians, is a sacred and special time. I think being respectful is the right thing to do even if you don't agree about something.

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #19
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

What I thought was a decent read on the "birthday party" subject... I would tend to think that most midnight masses are sort of a birthday party, though.

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/...xmas/celeb.htm

I guess my issue is where Christmas is thought to ONLY be for Christians and people of faith. With it's beginnings built outside of Jesus and Christianity, I can't see it as being something exclusively for those that believe. It can mean lots of things to lots of people and not necessarily have anything to do with Jesus.

IMHO, Christmas is about spending time with friends and loved ones, and giving back... with or without any religious connotation.
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #20
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Most of the ceremony and iconography surrounding Christmas is actually pagan in origin, so there's no reason not to consider it a secular holiday. And really, any excuse to get together with friends and family and eat and drink too much is legitimate.