Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-04-2011, 07:35 AM   #1
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default Steelers season ticket holders?

I was in my steelers ticket account last night and there's an invoice for $1630. for 2 tickets that says Super Bowl Lottery. I've only been a season ticket holder for 2 years, so I missed the 08 run. I have until the 14th to pay, but I'm wondering if this means I won the lottery or do I have to pay the $1630. first just for the chance to win? If any season ticket holders know the answer to this please post. I've tried calling the Steelers office on the phone and it is tough to get through.

I didn't receive an email or anything saying I won the lottery and there is very little information on the invoice, no seat location or anything.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
TailgateMel
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8498
Default Re: Steelers season ticket holders?

This is second hand from what my brother has told me in the past, but it is my understanding that you have to pay the $1,630 just to be in the lottery. If you don't get picked, the money just goes into your account and will be applied towards next years ticket purchase.

I know for a fact, for superbowl XLIII, how it worked out was that my brother got a letter the saturday before the AFC championship game telling him if he did or didn't get picked for the lottery. I remember distinctly because he brought the letter with him, unopened, to the AFC championship game, and didn't open it until after the game. He was picked, I was pretty happy for him.

Mel

100% Certified Grade-A SteelerChick
TailgateMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:33 AM   #3
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Yep. Just got through to the Steelers. They said they sent out a letter, I just haven't gotten it yet. You do have to pay just to be entered into the lottery. Based on the # of seats in Dallas and the # of seats at Heinz and knowing that each participating team gets 17.5% of the tickets, my chances are about 1 in 4.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:55 AM   #4
USWSteel
Banned

Member Number: 17495

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
I was in my steelers ticket account last night and there's an invoice for $1630. for 2 tickets that says Super Bowl Lottery. I've only been a season ticket holder for 2 years, so I missed the 08 run. I have until the 14th to pay, but I'm wondering if this means I won the lottery or do I have to pay the $1630. first just for the chance to win? If any season ticket holders know the answer to this please post. I've tried calling the Steelers office on the phone and it is tough to get through.

I didn't receive an email or anything saying I won the lottery and there is very little information on the invoice, no seat location or anything.
I received the same email. You need to pay for the chance to win the tickets via the lottery. It's worth putting in just in case the Steelers make it. The only thing is this year its going to be hard to get hotel rooms in Dallas if we make the super bowl !
USWSteel is offline   Reply With Quote