Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #1
NoFieldFive
Starter

Member Number: 10965
Default going to next weeks game - have questions....

Going to my first game at Heniz Field....flying in from Seattle to Baltimore and picking up my parents and driving to Pitts from there.

for those of you familiar with the stadium we are in section 509 row Q - are we going to be able to see the game and/or big tv from this section? should we bring oxygen/binoculars?

any recommendations on where to catch the first half of the first game and have lunch?

is there any mass transportation to ride into the stadium and park 30 minutes or so away?

thanks for any advice!
NoFieldFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
bigchuck
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16933
Default Re: going to next weeks game - have questions....

yes binocs are a good idea, bring kleenex for your nose blled. bettis grille is pretty good, obv primantis is the best spot to eat. you can park in the south hills and ride the T into dahntahn and walk over to the stadium thats your best bet, as parking and traffic suck around the stadium
bigchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,365 Times in 566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFieldFive View Post
Going to my first game at Heniz Field....flying in from Seattle to Baltimore and picking up my parents and driving to Pitts from there.

for those of you familiar with the stadium we are in section 509 row Q - are we going to be able to see the game and/or big tv from this section? should we bring oxygen/binoculars?

any recommendations on where to catch the first half of the first game and have lunch?

is there any mass transportation to ride into the stadium and park 30 minutes or so away?

thanks for any advice!

Haha, you're going to be surprised. I've been to countless upon COUNTLESS number of games and let me tell you, I put in my request for the section you are sitting in! The 500 sections are the best, hands down, period, end of story. The real fans reside there, it gets crazy and the view is perfect. You see the whole field and you don't have to worry about binocs but if you take them, it'll be a nice touch. Trust me, there isn't one bad seat in the stadium and you'll have a BLAST with those fans, I guarantee it!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:35 PM   #4
NoFieldFive
Starter

thanks for the info.....went thru stub hub and tried to get as close to center as possible.

1/2 my family is Ravens fans and 1/2 Steelers...glad this is the match up I am seeing!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:49 PM   #5
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,365 Times in 566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFieldFive View Post
thanks for the info.....went thru stub hub and tried to get as close to center as possible.

1/2 my family is Ravens fans and 1/2 Steelers...glad this is the match up I am seeing!
Good for you, man. Have a great time and bring home a Steelers victory! HERE WE GO!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #6
joeyssteelcurtain
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11092

have fun

"I'm BLACK and GOLD until I'm dead and cold"
joeyssteelcurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #7
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

This is where my season tickets are. Section 509, I'm just 4 rows in front of you in row M. These are great seats, and no you don't need binoculars. My seats are 7 rows from the rail. Your's are 11 rows up from the concourse. Only about a 3rd of the way up. You should have a 25 yard line view depending on which seat #'s you have. Seat #1 is on the aisle closest to the 50. There are about 25 seats in the row. You will not be under the over hang if there is precipitation. The over hang is a few rows higher.

These seats are great for the view. You can see plays open up great. You can really see a receiver break open before the QB throws it to him. Good view of the scoreboard. The other sideline has a better view of the city, but who cares.

I always park at the 6th St. garage. $5 and it's just across the bridge from PNC park. 15-20 minute brisk walk and you're there. If you get thirsty, you walk right by lots of bars. I'd recommend going early and break up your walk with a stop for a drink.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #8
NoFieldFive
Starter

great info...thank you. looks like we'll be stting right behind you...our seats are the same from the isle as yours

Last edited by NoFieldFive; 01-09-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #9
billym99
Water Boy

Member Number: 11477

I've only ever sat in the 500 level for the games i've been too, never been disappointed. The hghest I've sat is row L in section 531 (if I remember right), probably along the 10 yard line, closed end. Great view, these were actually the seats I sat in for the 2008 Afc Championship.

Enjoy the game, your first game at Heinz will be a great memory, especially when Steelers come away with a victory over the Ratbirds.

Please make sure you are in your seats near the end of the 3rd, beginning of 4th when Renegade gets played, you'll be grinning from ear to ear. This has always been the time they have played it when I have been at games, stadium will be going crazy...
billym99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #10
NoFieldFive
Starter

one more question....can you bring food into the stadium?