Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
SteelPete
Water Boy

Member Number: 5671
Default Penalty's

Hello Steeler Fans,

Long time reader, first time poster.

Watching all the wildcard games this weekend I noticed that the yellow flags weren't fling as much in those games as in the regular season, especially the personal foals, even thou I saw a couple head shots. Now that being said, with the ravens game that will in my estimate will come down to a field goal to win the game, a bad call or two could lose this game for us. Is anyone else out there worried like I am that the refs are going to blow a call and cost us this game? Or will they just let us play football the way it was meant to be played?

Anyways GO STEELERS
SteelPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default Re: Penalty's

I'm always worried about the guys in black and white. I hope the players don't worry about it though. They kept the flags in their pockets and that's fine with me. Maybe we can hold Suggs a little more than usual and maybe Harrison can put a violent lick on Sacco without getting put in jail.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,173 Times in 463 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

i think they will be throwing them left and right. they do not want this game to get out of hand
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
HAWK
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12888

I always worry about shitty refs. However, score 5 or 6 TDs in the first half and it's irrelevant.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
grward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7527

I worry about it too. I also worry that Harrison will receive another fine and a possible suspension for the next playoff game if they should win. I don't know, is that possible to be suspended during the post season? The refs have completely sucked this year and there's no reason to think they'll suck less during the playoffs. Yeah, I agree, less calls in the wild card games, but the Steelers weren't playing in any of those games.
grward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #6
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

the ref's performance this year was the worst in recent years.
I don't think they'll be "flag happy", but you have to worry if they're going to throw a flag at a game-changing moment on a borderline call that shouldn't be called.
Also, i'm wondering whats going to happen w/James Harrison this week. He's notoriously held on many plays (proven over and over on game tape...sometimes nearly tackled..). Are they going to call some of those?? They certainly should....
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:39 PM   #7
NoFieldFive
Starter

Member Number: 10965

they will be watching the Steelers like normal. last time Ben gets a broken nose and Miller knocked out and no calls.
NoFieldFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #8
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

As much as everyone might say "well its because the Steelers weren't playing" the competition committee picks the best referees from the 16 game season for the playoffs. If Goodell had his pick, he'd pick the refs who threw the flags most on pass interfearence, helmet to helmet hits, roughing the passer etc so there would be more scoring.
But these refs generally are guys who don't throw bad flags. They also don't throw many flags in general.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote