Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-10-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
wutchy
Banned

Member Number: 17595
Default KEEP THIS IN MIND!!!

I am a longtime Steeler fan. I can remember watching them in black and white in the 60's. I liked the steelers of the mid-90's the most. 94, 95, 96, 97.
I was thrilled to experience the super bowl wins in the 70's, but my favorite teams were the 90's guys.

That said, I don't want to piss on anybody's parade here, but you have to keep all this post season excitement in perspective. The steelers finished 12-4 this year.

The reality is that we probably won four games on miracles. Miami, Buffalo, Cincy, and Baltimore. We were that close// to being 8-8.

8-8 and is a big difference from 12-4. DON'T LOSE SIGHT OF THAT. THATS JUST KEEPIN IT REAL.

I'm glad we finished 12-4, but just to keep it real, you have to step back and realize that we're more like an 8-8 team talentwise.

If we could run the ball a little better, we could set up the deep passing game easier, and finish some drives. But we can't run the ball because we don't have a good, atheletic drive blocking line. Plus, we don't trap block. And we don't have a good lead blocking fullback.

But we do have one thing that the Ravens don't have. Team speed! KC had the team speed advantage, but Baltimore put so much pressure , so fast, on Cassel, that he couldn't take advantage of it. On offense, we have to find a way to exploit the Ravens lack of team speed. They have slow D-lineman, slow LB's, and average DB's.

Mendenhall is going to have to run like Willie Parker and bounce it outside and try to get to the corner and turn it upfield. Ben is going to have to hit the long pass, which he struggles at.
wutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082
Default Re: KEEP THIS IN MIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutchy View Post
I am a longtime Steeler fan. I can remember watching them in black and white in the 60's. I liked the steelers of the mid-90's the most. 94, 95, 96, 97.
I was thrilled to experience the super bowl wins in the 70's, but my favorite teams were the 90's guys.

That said, I don't want to piss on anybody's parade here, but you have to keep all this post season excitement in perspective. The steelers finished 12-4 this year.

The reality is that we probably won four games on miracles. Miami, Buffalo, Cincy, and Baltimore. We were that close// to being 8-8.

8-8 and is a big difference from 12-4. DON'T LOSE SIGHT OF THAT. THATS JUST KEEPIN IT REAL.

I'm glad we finished 12-4, but just to keep it real, you have to step back and realize that we're more like an 8-8 team talentwise.

If we could run the ball a little better, we could set up the deep passing game easier, and finish some drives. But we can't run the ball because we don't have a good, atheletic drive blocking line. Plus, we don't trap block. And we don't have a good lead blocking fullback.

But we do have one thing that the Ravens don't have. Team speed! KC had the team speed advantage, but Baltimore put so much pressure , so fast, on Cassel, that he couldn't take advantage of it. On offense, we have to find a way to exploit the Ravens lack of team speed. They have slow D-lineman, slow LB's, and average DB's.

Mendenhall is going to have to run like Willie Parker and bounce it outside and try to get to the corner and turn it upfield. Ben is going to have to hit the long pass, which he struggles at.
why do you post this crap, I am trying not to be a prikk but you need to quit trying to be too cerebral. We are the better team, not by a lot but better QB and better D. Therefore we win if we don't turn it over or lose on special teams. Thats it. We try to run, if we can't we have no choice but to throw and maybe that will set up a few big runs.
cubanstogie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #3
bobby jr
Banned

Member Number: 15696

I think the man's point is well taken about the close games. Look it's not like the Steelers have been blowing everyone they face out of the water the way the Ravens did KC. The Steelers have had some close wins this year. They have a good team but there was some luck involved in having a 12-4 record when you consider those 4 games they were on the verge of losing.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #4
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,294 Times in 3,476 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

we're like an 8-8 team talent wise? whoa slow down dude. seriously.

Ben is one of the top 5 qb's in the league, and that's putting it lightly. He's always been clutch in the postseason
Mendenhall #7 rusher in the NFL
Wallace #5 receiving yardage in the NFL, 2nd in yards per catch
Heath is no slouch at TE
Offensive line has a lot of room for improvement but has turned it up in the final quarter of the season

Defense is #2 in the league for yardage allowed, #1 in points allowed

I fail to see how this makes us an 8-8 talent, this team is upper echelon.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #5
toughsticks87
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14874

Lots of teams have close games. Look at the Jets.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #6
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Wutchy go home!
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #7
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
we're like an 8-8 team talent wise? whoa slow down dude. seriously.

Ben is one of the top 5 qb's in the league, and that's putting it lightly. He's always been clutch in the postseason
Mendenhall #7 rusher in the NFL
Wallace #5 receiving yardage in the NFL, 2nd in yards per catch
Heath is no slouch at TE
Offensive line has a lot of room for improvement but has turned it up in the final quarter of the season

Defense is #2 in the league for yardage allowed, #1 in points allowed

I fail to see how this makes us an 8-8 talent, this team is upper echelon.
^ THIS plus we were with out our QB for four games and we still went 12-4! 8-8 talent wise? We are really getting overrun with these nonsense postings.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #8
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,294 Times in 3,476 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
I think the man's point is well taken about the close games. Look it's not like the Steelers have been blowing everyone they face out of the water the way the Ravens did KC. The Steelers have had some close wins this year. They have a good team but there was some luck involved in having a 12-4 record when you consider those 4 games they were on the verge of losing.
yeah you guys haven't been winning many games by big margins either. didn't you fags lose to the bengals? lol

go ahead and take pride in blowing out the chiefs, the raiders blown them out worse, and we blew the raiders out. your dils is small son
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,820 Times in 4,477 Posts

im not trying to be a prick either, but FREAKING CUT IT with caps locking every single thread you start.

please.

it is annoying, and a violation of the COC.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #10
TailgateMel
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8498

Good lord.... "it's a fine line".... it's been a fine line for a lot of teams..

It's been a fine line for a lot of teams in the playoffs...

The main thing is WHEN you come on strong.. the Steelers are peaking at the right time.

100% Certified Grade-A SteelerChick
TailgateMel is offline   Reply With Quote