Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #51
thumper
Banned

Member Number: 13415
Default Re: Kordell worse as analyst than reading Ds

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpalinhater View Post
Thumper,,,I don't think you are racist at all. I DO however think you are delussional. I mean what Kordell did as a QB in Pittsburgh has NOTHING to do with how he presents himself as a analyst on ESPN, or whatever else. I mean look back at the pre-season predictions,,,no one had us winning the division..Not Hoge. Neither of the Mike & Mike's...no one. And only 2 I can remember had us sneaking in with a wildcard. So why call out a well spoken young man like Kordell, and NOT the " Gang Bangers " on the NFL Netowrk, or on CBS or Fox ?
Actually, the only similarity I was making that he was too stupid
to make a good NFL QB and he is too stupid to be a good analyst. You
could be smart at one and not the other, but in his case he is dumb at
both. And, please, Kordell has been wrong on a shit load more than
this take. As a matter of fact, almost any time he opens his mouth
he is wrong, as he lacks any kind of insight, even though he played
the game. I am not basing it on a few things; I am basing it on the
last 15 years of what words come out of his mouth. Just because a lot
of other guys didn't take Pgh to win the div. is hardly proof that KS is an
insightful analyst. Virtually any time he gives his take, he is wrong. The
guy simply has no vision or insight - and that wouldn't change if he played
10 years longer than he did. Who can forget the days when after a loss
where he played OK, he would quickly say, "But I played well" and after a
loss where he super sucked he would say, "We win or lose as a team."
What kind of idiot takes that route? MORON.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #52
thumper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
Most athletes have no business taking jobs away from people as analysts. Why pay these idiots for crap analysis when I am sure there are plenty of qualified people out there to do the job. And this rash of blond women who probably never played sports in their life as analysts is just as absurd. But at least most of them can put together a coherent sentence and not show obvious bias against certain teams in their analysis. (Marshall Faulk, this means you) I hate listening to two ex football players screaming back and forth at each other and not letting the others get a word in edgewise in almost all of the football shows. Having four or five people sitting there yacking is just stupid.
Agreed. But some former players are indeed insightful, like Steve Young,
Rod Woodson, Collinsworth, Aikman (one of my favorites even tho I
hated him when he was playing), et al.

I think the very worst of all of the NFL talking heads are found on CBS
and Fox. ESPN is the cream of the crop when it comes to decent
football chat. That Fox crew is a bunch of clowns, with Bradshaw being
the worst of the lot. They cackle like witches and offer very little in terms
of insights. They are always wrong. I even think the NFL Network, with that
smug-ass Eisen is far better than Fox and CBS.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #53
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Kordell blows! (Thank you for the lay up!!!! Too easy!)
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:08 AM   #54
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
. Who can forget the days when after a loss
where he played OK, he would quickly say, "But I played well" and after a
loss where he super sucked he would say, "We win or lose as a team."
What kind of idiot takes that route? MORON.
More than anything else that's why in time I came to despise Kordell. Not once do I ever remember him after a poor game taking any personal responsability for his performance. Oh occassionally he'd make some backhanded reference to how he probably could have played better, but never without throwing in an immediate "subtle" qualifier of some sort, wherin he would blame the weather, a missed block, dropped pass etc... and of course after the end of every season it was always about the offensive coordinanater who failed him, never poor Kordell's fault that he threw the ball into triple coverage.

Face it, the guy couldn't read a defense if his life depended on it. And I don't think he hit a receiver in stride more than 10 times in any given season. With Kordell the receiver almost always had to come to complete stop before he could deliver the ball with any accuracy. Kordell definitely prefferered his targets to be stationary, which just doesn't cut it in the NFL.

And he does suck as an analyst. Several weeks ago he was on Mike and Mike, and they asked him something about the Steelers and their chances this year. Kordell rambled on incoherently for about 3 minute, leaving both Mikes speechless at the end, with neither knowing what the hell Kordell had just said? They just kind of laughed and brushed it off, but you could tell, they were thinking, what a effing moron.

Last edited by zulater; 01-09-2011 at 06:42 AM.
zulater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:15 AM   #55
TOOLofSTEEL
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17096

I don't even listen to analysts. I mean they are good for breaking down plays for you, but as far as making predictions and discussing ball clubs, I get the sense some of the crap they say is just the producer having one of the two playing devils advocate.

If you really want an accurate prediction from analysts your better off taking a cross section of several. And you'll notice one team is heavily favored by them overall.

Now it is a any given Sunday league, the underdog might rise up to the challenge. The favorite my throw the game away with poor execution, penalties, and turnovers.

But listening to those jokers as the premier source of your sport info. Without taking that into consideration is just going to leave you pissed off, or scratching your head going WTF?

I find it hard to believe people who have played in the league that long, and been that successful. Can really be that stupid without a producer saying, make a case for that team.

Of course with Kordell he might very well...
TOOLofSTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:33 AM   #56
Steeldude
Living Legend

ex-steelers who have made good analysts...

mark malone
merril hoge
rod woodson
terry bradshaw

anyone else?

tunch ilkin and craig wolfley do some reporting of steelers' games
Old 01-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #57
thumper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
More than anything else that's why in time I came to despise Kordell. Not once do I ever remember him after a poor game taking any personal responsability for his performance. Oh occassionally he'd make some backhanded reference to how he probably could have played better, but never without throwing in an immediate "subtle" qualifier of some sort, wherin he would blame the weather, a missed block, dropped pass etc... and of course after the end of every season it was always about the offensive coordinanater who failed him, never poor Kordell's fault that he threw the ball into triple coverage.

Face it, the guy couldn't read a defense if his life depended on it. And I don't think he hit a receiver in stride more than 10 times in any given season. With Kordell the receiver almost always had to come to complete stop before he could deliver the ball with any accuracy. Kordell definitely prefferered his targets to be stationary, which just doesn't cut it in the NFL.

And he does suck as an analyst. Several weeks ago he was on Mike and Mike, and they asked him something about the Steelers and their chances this year. Kordell rambled on incoherently for about 3 minute, leaving both Mikes speechless at the end, with neither knowing what the hell Kordell had just said? They just kind of laughed and brushed it off, but you could tell, they were thinking, what a effing moron.
Spot on
Old 01-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #58
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341

yeah kordell is bad on espn, not emmit smith bad but bad non the less

as far as his playing ability goes you have to blame cowher for that one. i think if he accepted the slash role he would have been a hall of famer
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote