Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-11-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Ravens-Steelers III: Is Mike Wallace ready?

Ravens-Steelers III: Is Mike Wallace ready?
January, 11, 2011
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...-wallace-ready

By James Walker
PITTSBURGH -- Steelers second-year receiver Mike Wallace said he's heard it all about playoff football from teammate and future Hall of the Famer Hines Ward this week.

[+] EnlargeMike Wallace , Hines Ward
AP Photo/Amy SancettaHines Ward wants to make sure Mike Wallace will be ready for the atmosphere and intensity of a playoff game.
"You know Hines is always ready to tell you a story," Wallace said with a smile.

At every chance during the bye, the 13-year veteran has been telling Wallace about the difference between the regular season and playoff football. Wallace, 24, is Pittsburgh's leading receiver and is playing at a Pro-Bowl level. But Wallace will make his postseason debut Saturday for the Steelers (12-4) against the Baltimore Ravens (13-4).

Ward is doing everything he can to make sure the dynamic Wallace is ready for the increase in intensity, especially in this brutal rivalry with the Ravens. Wallace, as he has for two seasons, is a willing student and says he's soaking in Ward's wisdom.

"You have to take the [important] things out of the story, because you gotta know going in there it's going to be a really long message," Wallace said in jest. "But he's sending me a really good message telling me about his experiences, even though it's going to be an hour or two."

Ward, who has two rings, knows better than anyone that a chance to win a Super Bowl doesn't come around often. The winner will advance to the AFC Championship Game, and Pittsburgh needs Wallace to play well in order to make a deep postseason run.

Wallace was one of the NFL's top breakout players this season with 60 receptions for 1,257 yards and 10 touchdowns.

"He needs to just continue going out there and being Mike Wallace, and when you get your opportunity, make a play for us," Ward explained. "The intensity will pick up, because there’s more at stake, and each play is magnified. We may not get another chance to make a play, so we need to capitalize on the opportunities. I look for Mike Wallace to have a good postseason and a good ballgame."
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516
Default Re: Ravens-Steelers III: Is Mike Wallace ready?

We need you brother! Step up Wallace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
ScreamingEagle
Water Boy

Member Number: 17594

I want 5 catches 180 yards and 2 td's.
ScreamingEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingEagle View Post
I want 5 catches 180 yards and 2 td's.
LOL, I want 5 for 180 and 5 TD'S

Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

In all seriousness, I am sure he is ready to play, I just hope Mike and Ben are on the same page, I love those quick slants to Wallace, catching a 3 yard pass and turning it to a 40 yard gain demoralizes a defense.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #6
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
In all seriousness, I am sure he is ready to play, I just hope Mike and Ben are on the same page, I love those quick slants to Wallace, catching a 3 yard pass and turning it to a 40 yard gain demoralizes a defense.
I agree, much better than watching them run those bubble screens to Ward for 3 yards. I've noticed that they finally quit running those plays to Ward once Wallace got one and took it to the house. The nice thing going to Wallace on those, is if a DB jumps the route and picks it (knock on wood), Wallace is fast enough to chase him down saving the pick 6.
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #7
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,109 Times in 2,621 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

wallace will be more than ready, and the wild cards are sanders/brown, who in the last meeting vs baltimore, both chipped in with 3 catches apiece with some big first downs. It's up to those 2 kids to see if they can fill the void that was left when santonio left.

antonio brown caught 5 passes against cleveland, it really looked as if they left roethlisberger in longer to get brown more reps with the 1st team. I think him and sanders are starting to come into their own in this offense. When they finally gel, this squad will be dangerous
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote