Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 7,976
Gender: Male
Member Number: 10438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Michaels leads Steelers pep-rally, towel wave

Tuesday January 11, 2011
Michaels leads Steelers pep-rally, towel wave
By: Scott Tady, Times Entertainment Editor
Beaver County Times
http://www.timesonline.com/bct_news/...273f98a6640cb1

PITTSBURGH — Expect nothing but a good time Friday — and maybe a cheesy Sublime cover — when rock ’n’ roll/reality TV star Bret Michaels headlines a Pittsburgh Steelers Playoff Party at Stage AE next to Heinz Field.

Michaels, a Butler native, also will lead the Terrible Towel Twirl Saturday at Heinz Field right before kickoff of the Steelers’ late-afternoon skirmish with the Baltimore Ravens.

The Friday concert begins at 7 p.m., following a four-hour pep rally broadcast by WDVE-FM. Emcees will be former Steelers players-turned-announcers Tunch Ilkin and Craig Wolfley, with special appearances by Steelers alumni.

Tickets are $20 via Ticketmaster.

Michaels, star of the VH1 show “Life as I Know It,” was the frontman for central Pennsylvania’s glam-metal band Poison, which scored the Top-10 hits “Talk Dirty to Me,” “Nothin’ But a Good Time,” “Every Rose Has Its Thorn,” “Unskinny Bop,” “Something to Believe In” and a cover of Loggins & Messina’s “Your Mama Don’t Dance.”

The winner of NBC’s “Celebrity Apprentice 3,” Michaels toured as a solo artist this summer, releasing the album “Custom Built” that debuted at No. 14 on the Billboard chart. The album included “Nothing to Lose” featuring guest vocals from Miley Cyrus, and a cover of Sublime’s “What I Got,” which the Village Voice ranked as the second-worst song of 2010 (behind Train’s “Hey, Soul Sister.”)
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:52 AM   #2
CaliStillersFan
Starter
 
CaliStillersFan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern California
Posts: 436
Gender: Male
Member Number: 11604
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Michaels leads Steelers pep-rally, towel wave

Seriously Steelers - Bret Michaels, is that the best you could do? He was barely considered popular 30 years ago. We desperately need some new talent to come up from the Burg.
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:43 AM   #3
BengalDestroyer
Bench Warmer
 
BengalDestroyer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 323
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16598
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Michaels leads Steelers pep-rally, towel wave

Why isn't Whiz Khalifa doing this.....Black and Yellow, Black and Yellow!!!!!
BengalDestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:01 AM   #4
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter
 
MattsMe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: What day is it?
Posts: 2,198
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2044
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Michaels leads Steelers pep-rally, towel wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliStillersFan View Post
Seriously Steelers - Bret Michaels, is that the best you could do? He was barely considered popular 30 years ago. We desperately need some new talent to come up from the Burg.
Maybe because 30 years ago his band was still 6 years away from releasing their first album?

I'm far from Poison's biggest fan, and couldn't name one song Michaels has released as a solo artist, but your statement that he was barely popular couldn't be more wrong.

How does over 30 million albums and 6 top ten singles equal "barely popular?"
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:02 AM   #5
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter
 
MattsMe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: What day is it?
Posts: 2,198
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2044
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Michaels leads Steelers pep-rally, towel wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalDestroyer View Post
Why isn't Whiz Khalifa doing this.....Black and Yellow, Black and Yellow!!!!!
Because the Steelers are Black and Gold.

MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:12 AM   #6
CaliStillersFan
Starter
 
CaliStillersFan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern California
Posts: 436
Gender: Male
Member Number: 11604
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Michaels leads Steelers pep-rally, towel wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe View Post
Maybe because 30 years ago his band was still 6 years away from releasing their first album?

I'm far from Poison's biggest fan, and couldn't name one song Michaels has released as a solo artist, but your statement that he was barely popular couldn't be more wrong.

How does over 30 million albums and 6 top ten singles equal "barely popular?"
My bad, I don't judge talent by sales. You sound like wife trying to justify that top 40 is actually music because they sell albums. :) I stopped listening to mass produced garbage in the 80's when they replaced musicians with pretty faces. The hair band era was the beginning of the end of music industry.
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:20 AM   #7
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter
 
MattsMe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: What day is it?
Posts: 2,198
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2044
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Michaels leads Steelers pep-rally, towel wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliStillersFan View Post
My bad, I don't judge talent by sales. You sound like wife trying to justify that top 40 is actually music because they sell albums. :) I stopped listening to mass produced garbage in the 80's when they replaced musicians with pretty faces. The hair band era was the beginning of the end of music industry.
You said he was barely popular. That's not true. Now you're talking about musical talent. What you should have said is that he was never very good, or very talented, or you never really liked his music, because it's pretty clear now that's what you meant.

If you want to discount the guy's musical ability, you'll certainly get no argument from me. Poison was 90% image, 10% music.

I never said, implied, or sounded like anyone saying that top 40 is actually music because of sales. I don't believe that, so why would I say it?

And if you think they didn't start replacing musicians with pretty faces until the 80's, you're about 20 years off. Try the early 60's.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:58 AM   #8
Rick5895
Team President
 
Rick5895's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: St.Thomas, ontario , canada
Posts: 2,163
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5148
Thanks: 26
Thanked 83 Times in 41 Posts
Default Re: Michaels leads Steelers pep-rally, towel wave

WOW......Arguing of the popularity or lack there of of Brett Michaels.
Bring on Hank Jr.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:13 AM   #9
4xSBChamps
Head Coach
 
4xSBChamps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: formerly PRR milepost 322
Posts: 1,978
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1911
Thanks: 3
Thanked 59 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: Michaels leads Steelers pep-rally, towel wave

[YOUTUBE]6VZhSkREYBc[/YOUTUBE]
__________________
"If I could start my life all-over again, I would be a professional football-player, and you damn-well better-believe I'd be a Pittsburgh Steeler!"
4xSBChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #10
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter
 
MattsMe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: What day is it?
Posts: 2,198
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2044
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Michaels leads Steelers pep-rally, towel wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
WOW......Arguing of the popularity or lack there of of Brett Michaels.
Bring on Hank Jr.
I couldn't care less about Brett or his music. I just don't like people making shit up and trying to pass it off as fact.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts