Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-12-2011, 06:12 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Steelers' Harrison not looking for payback against Chester

Steelers' Harrison not looking for payback against Chester
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...nt_717719.html
By Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, January 12, 2011

After accusing guard Chris Chester of dirty tactics the last time the Ravens and Steelers played, outside linebacker James Harrison said he won't be looking for any payback in Saturday's AFC divisional playoff game at Heinz Field.

"I don't go out there with any personal vendettas or anything to try and get even," Harrison said Tuesday. "That's not going to help us win games." Harrison has said Chester took a cheap shot at him during an extra-point attempt in the Steelers' 17-14 win at Baltimore on Dec. 5.

Chester was called for a false start after he fired off the line of scrimmage and went right at Harrison.

As expected, Steelers strong safety Troy Polamalu (Achilles) did not practice yesterday. Cornerback Bryant McFadden (abdomen) practiced on a limited basis, as the Steelers are easing him back into action after he got hurt in their regular-season finale at Cleveland. "I'm having abdominal trouble, so it's real sore and tough to move around," McFadden said. "If I take it easy and loosen it up, I think it's going to be better for me."

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger apparently owes Ravens nose tackle Kelly Gregg an apology. Gregg, after all, is the player who Roethlisberger initially fingered for the hit that broke his nose on Dec. 5. "I was just joking that I was going to send him the bill," Roethlisberger said. Defensive Haloti Ngata was the player who broke Roethlisberger's nose with a shot to the face. "No way was it on purpose," Roethlisberger said.

Former Gateway High and West Virginia standout Mortty Ivy was one of six players who the Steelers signed to reserve/future contracts yesterday. In addition to Ivy, a linebacker, the Steelers signed linebacker Baraka Atkins, running back James Johnson, guard Nevin McCaskill, cornerback Donovan Warren and fullback/tight end Jamie McCoy. None of the players signed yesterday are eligible to practice with the Steelers until after the 2010 season.

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote