Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-11-2011, 01:15 PM   #21
bobby jr
Banned

Member Number: 15696
Default Re: Ravens then Pats is the perfect path

If Pittsburgh goes through Baltimore, then New England, then Atlanta or Green Bay, I will say they earned the championship through a very tough road. Not as difficult as the one the Ravens face, but still a tough one. And I'll say the best team won. (I won't be so sure if somehow they beat the Ravens then somehow their last two opponents are the Jets at Heinz, and 7-9 Seattle in the Super Bowl. But that is quite unlikely to happen, starting with them beating the Ravens)

Unlike last time when the Steelers beat 8-8 San Diego then 9-7 AZ in the Super Bowl. That year the Ravens were the best team the Steelers faced in the post season.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #22
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,145 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
If Pittsburgh goes through Baltimore, then New England, then Atlanta or Green Bay, I will say they earned the championship through a very tough road. Not as difficult as the one the Ravens face, but still a tough one. And I'll say the best team won. (I won't be so sure if somehow they beat the Ravens then somehow their last two opponents are the Jets at Heinz, and 7-9 Seattle in the Super Bowl. But that is quite unlikely to happen, starting with them beating the Ravens)

Unlike last time when the Steelers beat 8-8 San Diego then 9-7 AZ in the Super Bowl. That year the Ravens were the best team the Steelers faced in the post season.
You too...your pathetic rhetoric is getting old. All you do is repeat yourself. I think we've all had just about enough.

If you actually came here to discuss football, I would be more than willing to oblige...but you've done nothing but repeat the same homer garbage over, and over and over again.

I don't know how you expect people here to react to it...I know if I went to a Rats board and acted like a homer idiot there, I'd be laughed and mocked at to no end.

So go back, and join your fellow Rats fans and suck each other off for all I care. You've worn out your welcome here.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #23
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:47 PM   #24
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
...your pathetic rhetoric is getting old... All you do is repeat yourself... go back, and join your fellow Rats fans...

4xSBChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #25
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

Maybe Bobby doesn't realize this is a Steelers board? Being a Ravens fan indicates significant intellectual deficiencies, but being a Ravens fan that rides the short bus really shows how the deck is stacked against this poor guy. If the Steelers win this weekend, he'll turn tail and make his way back to his brood ... and my advice to him will be "Run, Forest, run!!!".
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:40 PM   #26
TOOLofSTEEL
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17096

I want #7 anyway we get it. But admittedly going through the Ravens, and really more so the Patriots would be a great way to solidify. This isn't just a great team this was in fact the best team.

Winning a lot of Superbowls going through teams that are generally laughable isn't quite as nice as going through the big boys/media darlings to get them.
TOOLofSTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #27
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post

So go back, and join your fellow Rats fans and suck each other off for all I care.
LMAO.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:48 AM   #28
Superbowl
Water Boy

Member Number: 17629

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOLofSTEEL View Post
I want #7 anyway we get it. But admittedly going through the Ravens, and really more so the Patriots would be a great way to solidify. This isn't just a great team this was in fact the best team.

Winning a lot of Superbowls going through teams that are generally laughable isn't quite as nice as going through the big boys/media darlings to get them.

I'd rather play the Steelers than Ravins as a Pats fan. I'm picking the Steelers to win over Ravens and I agree going thru Ravins and Pats would be huge.

I really like the Pats over Steelers if the turnover ratio is in the Pats favor. I am most concerned about Pats defense not taking Ben down immediately on a tackle attempt for Ben is at his best when pressured and is hard to take down. Not having Troy was huge last game but I liked what I saw on several fronts. I enjoy Pat / Steeler games going way back to Parcells. Pats and Steelers have been the most consistent teams and best TEAM kind of TEAM for years
Superbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #29
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

I was thinking about this the other day. Which would you rather have if you had the power to choose?

Beat the Patriots in Foxoboro in the AFCCG, but lose the Super Bowl
or
The Jets win and we get the easier road and go on to win a 7th Super Bowl

I think I'd honestly choose to beat the Pats and lose the Super Bowl. We have 6 Lombardi's, but being able to talk trash to Pats fans for the next year would be PRICELESS!!!
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #30
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Hell no. Nobody remembers who lost the SB. I'ts all about championships.
Pats 18-0 season means nothing because they lost the SB.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote