Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-12-2011, 10:25 AM   #51
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,124 Times in 442 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Good luck from Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
Guess I will be the first to say,enough with this nice $hit. I DISLIKE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE FLYING RATS AND EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS THEM.STEELERS WILL ALWAYS RULE THE NORTH.BE GONE!!!! (speaking for myself)
THATS MORE LIKE IT
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #52
bdravens
Water Boy

Member Number: 17664

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Who cares, I stopped listening to all of the pre-game stuff. I get so fired up I can't even listen or read writeups anymore but Cowher picked the Steelers to finish last the past couple years so I don't buy in what they say. Believe it or not, the Ravens are the darling of the media when it comes to the NORTH, every critic always picks the Ravens to go to the Super Bowl or has that advantage over Pittsburgh, including next week. All we hear is how dominant the Ravens are, Flacco and Ray Lewis when the Steelers just kick that ass every year when it counts.
You win the games, but the games since Flacco has come into the league have hardly been ass kickings lol. It digs at us that we can't beat you when it counts, and if it's going to ever happen for Lewis, Reed, Mason and a few other old guys, it's this Saturday. Which is why it can't come soon enough for either side.
bdravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #53
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,367 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdravens View Post
You win the games, but the games since Flacco has come into the league have hardly been ass kickings lol. It digs at us that we can't beat you when it counts, and if it's going to ever happen for Lewis, Reed, Mason and a few other old guys, it's this Saturday. Which is why it can't come soon enough for either side.
Why point out Flacco? These games have been tight and close (aside from maybe 1 or 2 over the years) even when Flacco was a fetus in his moms vagina! Seriously, we respect Baltimore. The hate stems from one of the best, physical rivalries in football, esp between the two fan base's but from a team standpoint, we respect the hell out of the Baltimore Ravens and how they do business. I hope that same respect is felt on the other side because that's what makes these games so special. I don't like the Ravens, actually I loathe the M'fers, but I certainly do respect them.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #54
MNStilllerzFan
Water Boy

Member Number: 17670

Looking forward to another great game between two storied rivals!

Go Steelers!!!
MNStilllerzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #55
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Anyone willing to bet against me on the fact that Cowher will pick against the Ravens? I know, you're at home and favored and everything, but I'm not convinced that he would EVER for any reason pick us over the Steelers in any game, no matter what the circumstances.
Your prolly right.....but those guys are just a bunch of tools anyway..

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #56
bdravens
Water Boy

Quote:
Why point out Flacco? These games have been tight and close (aside from maybe 1 or 2 over the years) even when Flacco was a fetus in his moms vagina! Seriously, we respect Baltimore. The hate stems from one of the best, physical rivalries in football, esp between the two fan base's but from a team standpoint, we respect the hell out of the Baltimore Ravens and how they do business. I hope that same respect is felt on the other side because that's what makes these games so special. I don't like the Ravens, actually I loathe the M'fers, but I certainly do respect them.
Don't worry about that, its a mutual respect/hate relationship. I point out Flacco because before him, there were blowouts in the series. Just to point out a few recent ones, in '06, we blew the Steelers out twice. In 07', you blew us out in the first game. It just seems that since we got our new coach/QB combo, the rivalry is better because neither team flat out beats the other. It generally comes down to one big play, like the Polamalu INT in the AFC Champ. game, or Flacco's GW pass or Polamalu's strip this year. The games are always tight and thus more exciting to watch. That's just how I feel personally.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #57
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,367 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Don't worry about that, its a mutual respect/hate relationship. I point out Flacco because before him, there were blowouts in the series. Just to point out a few recent ones, in '06, we blew the Steelers out twice. In 07', you blew us out in the first game. It just seems that since we got our new coach/QB combo, the rivalry is better because neither team flat out beats the other. It generally comes down to one big play, like the Polamalu INT in the AFC Champ. game, or Flacco's GW pass or Polamalu's strip this year. The games are always tight and thus more exciting to watch. That's just how I feel personally.
It's not how you feel. It's the way it is, haha. Only reason why I say we kick your ass is because we do, and vice versa when you guys beat us. This isn't N.E/Indy, this is Pittsburgh/Baltimore. These games are vicious and a blood-bath 100 times outta 100! So exciting, one of the reasons why I wanted Balty all along.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:40 PM   #58
bdravens
Water Boy

Quote:
It's not how you feel. It's the way it is, haha. Only reason why I say we kick your ass is because we do, and vice versa when you guys beat us. This isn't N.E/Indy, this is Pittsburgh/Baltimore. These games are vicious and a blood-bath 100 times outta 100! So exciting, one of the reasons why I wanted Balty all along.
We wanted it the same way. Although, I don't think any fan of either team would consider saying "No, we didn't want BAL/PIT". It's nice to have an intelligent conversation with Steelers fans, I have to admit. Aside from a few Steeler guy on our boards, there are the usual ones that come on just to piss us off. It's the same way here, I know. I've seen bobby jr's attempts to piss you all off too. Takes away from good conversation if you ask me.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #59
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
Guess I will be the first to say,enough with this nice $hit. I DISLIKE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE FLYING RATS AND EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS THEM.STEELERS WILL ALWAYS RULE THE NORTH.BE GONE!!!! (speaking for myself)
Old 01-13-2011, 06:22 AM   #60
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Hey Steeler fans, just wanted to wish you guys good luck this weekend. All we know is, there's no secrets between these two teams, and I expect it to be one of those 3 point type games like usual.
Although I feel your prediction is more of what's going to happen but I wouldn't be upset with a solid thumping of the ravens so I could actually enjoy the game and not bite my finger nails to the knuckles and come home with nubs (again).

But good luck (with everything but the score), and may it be a hard clean game with the officials standing on the sidelines!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote