Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

View Poll Results: How are you feeling about the Ravens game?
100% Steelers win 13 21.67%
95% Steelers win 6 10.00%
80% Steelers win 24 40.00%
50% Steelers win 15 25.00%
33% Steelers win 1 1.67%
Steelers have 0% chance 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2011, 09:41 PM   #11
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Re: How are you feeling?...game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
Ha,im the first that feels 100%!!!!!!!
If the Steelers had a few plays they had not run this year, it would make me feel better. I hope Ben was lying but he said that they are not working on ANY new plays...just chemistry.

I hope Lebeau doesn't leave people wide open. I hate that feeling.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #12
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,589 Times in 1,969 Posts

95% I believe we have the better defense and more weapons on offense and the better QB. Team is finally healthy again, and Ziggy has been turning it up lately. He may make us say aaron who? soon

we only lose this game if we make mistakes and beat ourselves, I think our squad is better talent wise than baltimore
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #13
SteelKnight
Team President

Just looked. We are 3 point favorites. I hope E. Sanders steps it up. I'd love to see them send him deep.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #14
TOOLofSTEEL
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17096

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
What cheered me up is a stat like Ben winning his last 6 games against the Ravens. It seems like Ben has the Ravens number like Brady has our number. Also we've won 7 of the last 9 at home (and that's including the loss this year with Batch) against the Ravens.

I can't wait! If we lose, we need to grab some a couple of free agents to get better...not just hope we can be a brand new team with the draft. One or 2 OL or CB FA might be in order.
Yeah, considering this team is aging pretty uniformly. We'll probably need some free agents to balance things out till the drafted talent gets adjusted and in place.

I dunno, hope we win. Not nervous about the game though or anything. I just think personally feel the need to acknowledge, our Superbowl hopes from this week forward are all up hill... Ravens, probably Patriots. And then Packers or Falcons most likely. Its gonna be tough, but hella fun to watch. So I can't wait.
TOOLofSTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #15
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,589 Times in 1,969 Posts

Quote:
Just looked. We are 3 point favorites. I hope E. Sanders steps it up. I'd love to see them send him deep.
I have a feeling him and brown will step up big this postseason. I like these kids, they are both hungry to prove themselves on the field, we are going to need that
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #16
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
95% I believe we have the better defense and more weapons on offense and the better QB. Team is finally healthy again, and Ziggy has been turning it up lately. He may make us say aaron who? soon
When i heard Aaron was not coming back, I said, this is Ziggy's opportunity. he wanted to start right? he is a first round pick veteran. It's time for him to step up. Our run game is certainly fine without Smith. The only thing i don't know is if Smith would have done a better job occupying more than one defender during pass plays freeing up Woodley.

BTW...that damn Michale Oher holds every game. I wish Tomlin would talk to the refs before the game. Harrison WILL be held.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #17
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
I have a feeling him and brown will step up big this postseason. I like these kids, they are both hungry to prove themselves on the field, we are going to need that
Yeah. I like them too. Brown is making his case by not dropping balls. I think a key wil be if Ward shows up. He's been hit or miss.

I look for Ward and Miller to make the difference or not.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #18
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

Ravens are toast. As long as Ben holds on to the ball if he gets sacked and doesn't throw any stupid passes when they are hanging all over him, we should win handily. Can't wait to see Pouncey or Kemo hit the second level and knock Ray Lewis flat on his butt. It happened to him a couple of times last week and I laughed my butt off. I have no butt. I guess it is better laughing it off than freezing it off.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:09 PM   #19
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOLofSTEEL View Post
Yeah, considering this team is aging pretty uniformly. We'll probably need some free agents to balance things out till the drafted talent gets adjusted and in place.

I dunno, hope we win. Not nervous about the game though or anything. I just think personally feel the need to acknowledge, our Superbowl hopes from this week forward are all up hill... Ravens, probably Patriots. And then Packers or Falcons most likely. Its gonna be tough, but hella fun to watch. So I can't wait.
They did say the Steelers are the oldest team...lol

Well...we are set as far as LBs both inside and out. Too bad we had so many we lost one to SF.

We have some young talented receivers in the 3 amigos (60 min, The Colonel, and Downtown).

Our RB is only 23.

Our QB is young enough and good for another 8 years. We can start looking for his replacement in 5 years.

Pouncey is young.

So the oldies are the D-line, CBs and Hotel...lol The rest of O-line while not that old could be better while even though our safeties are old, I say we ride them for another 3 years before we worry (unless a BPA falls into our lap). Personally, i'd rather wait a few years then use a #1 pick on a safety...get a top flight one...maybe on one of our bad years.

With CB, Crezdon Butler might have some talent. I wish there was a developmental league where we could send Butler and Lewis to keep up/develop their skills.

With D-line, I say we wait until 2012 draft reason being, I like both Hampton and Hoke and there is no room on the active Roster for 3 NTs. The 2 of them should be able to cover the 2011 season. I'm not afraid. I even think Hampton can go 2 more seasons so in the 2012 season, we can work the rookie in whenever Hampton is tired. It'll be fine. For DE, I think they should again wait until 2012 (unless they find a decent one in the 3rd round or later). The reason is Smith and Keisel will be back and Hood will be there too so really it would just be a rush to replace Eason. The player wouldn't be starting and would b in 4th position so let's not waste a 1st or 2nd on that person.

If we can find an OT in the draft, great. I hope we keep Hotel for another season. I would like the Steelers to for once take the top LT available in Free agency if a top young one is available. Next use the first pick on Mike Pouncey to replace Kemo.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:53 PM   #20
Ravens Den
Banned

Member Number: 17656

Quote:
Me too. Saturday morning until 4 PM is going to be painful. Maybe I'll sleep in or watch a movie. Watching 8 hours of pregame is a no-no.

I started this thread because I'm starting to feel more and more confident. I went from 50/50 a couple of weeks ago on this scenario to 80% confident. lol

Thats funny because i thought the samething. I went from 50/50 to 0 %. OK nevermind im wrong ill give THE STEALERS 1.8% chance of WINNING.

Im not saying GOOD LUCK to you guys because i know it would be a cold day in hell if anyone on this board would say the same. I cant blame you guys though, the feeling is mutual.
I think the ONLY thing us as RAVENS FANS AND STEELERS FANS can agree on is we have the BEST rivalries in not only the NFL but in ALL of sports.
Ravens Den is offline   Reply With Quote