Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #21
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173
Default Re: (sarcasm) Ravens keep on getting screwed by refs

It comes from their players. Ray Lewis never accepts responsibility himself when their team loses, it's always someone else's fault. I'll give Suggs credit for admitting that they lost the game though Suggs was a bright spot in their D yesterday. Their fans are simply jealous of us and Baltimore and Baltimorians are known for their inferoirity complex. In a way, I feel kinda bad for them but then again it's hard to when they make rapistberger jokes when they have Ray Lewis, Dante Stallwroth, and otehrs.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #22
welder4pit
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 11209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens Den View Post
i dont know what site your looking out, The Refs didnt help. it was the OFFENSE that gave you the game. im going to leave it at that. But hey its all good, you guys will get your ass handed to you from the pats.
We will see about that. . . But one thing for sure it wasnt handed to us from the worthless effing ratbirds. Now you have to crawl up bradys skirt and hope another team beats us. That is priceless LMFAO!
welder4pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #23
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
According to their fans, the Ravens have been screwed in ALL seven losses to Big Ben including ALL the playoff losses. In fact, they are 100% sure they would have won each and every one of those games if it were not for some refs call.

Post after post on their fan sites point towards this undeniable fact. Even former players like the well spoken and clear enunciating Shannon Sharpe cite this oddity.

I couldn't believe it myself. Wow, all seven! How can one team be so unlucky? They must have ticked someone off in the front office to keep on getting picked on. Or by pure chance, if we assume that one in 10 games are actually decided by a bad call, the odds of this happening to the ravens is one in ten million! How unlucky. Those poor fans. At least they have Baltimore. Thank God they live in such a safe city like Baltimore where the crime rate is soooo low.

Also, In all their games, their players did not make one mistake ... Not one! And their coaches never called a bad play ... Not one! Gosh darn it, if it weren't for those darn refs, they would be in 7 super bowls by now and won them all.

Wow, one in 10 million chance that this could happen to a team and it just happens to be the Ravens. Now why don't the announcers talk more about this rare stat?
Heh. What else is new? They do this every year when they either choke in the playoffs, or miss the postseason altogether. I think I have met TWO Ravens fans in my life that didn't bitch like idiots when their precious team loses a game.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #24
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post
Heh. What else is new? They do this every year when they either choke in the playoffs, or miss the postseason altogether. I think I have met TWO Ravens fans in my life that didn't bitch like idiots when their precious team loses a game.
that two more than I know
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:25 PM   #25
blkngld4ever
Water Boy

Member Number: 17487

Quote:
i dont know what site your looking out, The Refs didnt help. it was the OFFENSE that gave you the game. im going to leave it at that. But hey its all good, you guys will get your ass handed to you from the pats.
So thats the second game you guys "GAVE US" they need to quit doing that
Old 01-16-2011, 06:31 PM   #26
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkngld4ever View Post
So thats the second game you guys "GAVE US" they need to quit doing that
You would really think they would get tired of giving us games.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:50 PM   #27
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
that two more than I know
lol
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:46 PM   #28
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Read this piece of crap posted by some Raven's Fan:

I am not jealous or envioius. Your team sucks but has the refs in their pocket. That is the only way you win games along with more lucky breaks humanly possible. I really don't see that much talent on your team to win it all. Hell, the Packers, Ravens, Atlanta, NE and even the Jets on paper are much better. None of those teams need cheating refs, home games and lucky breaks to win.

The psychology of a Raven's Fan must be studied - I bet scientists can write paper after paper about it. Very similar to a 5 year old kid.

1. Its never your fault that something bad happens. it would be too severe to admit that you were not good enough. To compensate - some thing external needs to be identified as the cause. No matter how elaborate - if the pieces can somewhat fit, a story will be fabricated to ease your mind. For example: "The Steelers have paid off the league and the refs to that they guarantee that the Steelers always win" yes, that's the ticket. That explains why Boldin and TJ dropped the balls. That explains why the Cardinals defense allowed Ben and the Steelers to drive 90 yards for a winning TD. That explains why the Seahawks offense basically sucked in Super Bowl XL.

2. Not only is this fabricated story enough but in your feeble mind - you need to say (as a fact) that the Steelers are not really that good. You've even come up with a ranking system to sound intelligent in your argument. But the truth is that you really wish this was the truth. Just like an orphan that wishes he had real parents that were rich ... its just a dream, isn't it

So to summarize, a Raven's fan must use all these compensating mechanisms:

1. Denial - "I'm not jealous"
2. Anger - "your team sucks"
3. Fabrication - "has the refs in your pocket"
4. Selective Blindness - "I really don't see that much talent on your team"
5. Loss of reasoning - "...on paper are much better " - now when's the last time anyone in the NFL gave a flying fcuk about who was better on paper

I think changing loyalties to become a Steeler fan would be a nice cure for such individuals.
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:18 PM   #29
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,639 Times in 1,572 Posts

its standard procedure on ratbird boards to make a ref whining thread before the games even start ....

the steelers could have 15 penalties for 200 yds and the ratbirds could have 1 penalty for 10 yds and they'd still whine that the refs cheated them and that 1 penalty cost them the game.
i just laugh at how pathetic they are....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:41 PM   #30
colescott1
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15803

Quote:
But hey its all good, you guys will get your ass handed to you from the pats.

Hmmm.... I don't think the Pats will come close to beating us next week.
colescott1 is offline   Reply With Quote