Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
Jetsfan115
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17757
Default Hello Steelers Fans

Wanted to come by for some friendly trash talk. 1st of all congrats on making it this far. I expect this to be another tough hard nosed football game. I think the 2 teams are very similar Both have talented pass catches, can pound the rock, and play defense. Should be a very entertaining game coming down to the last few plays like last time.
Jetsfan115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,035 Times in 494 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Hello Steelers Fans

Thanks for coming here for some discussion, no offense to your fanbase but a lot of (actually a vast majority of) Jets fans I come across are really arrogant trolls who are rude and refuse to have civilized discussions. Good to see there are exceptions

I'm really looking forward to this game and it should be a really good matchup, of course I will be rooting for my team but good luck to you as well
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
Wallace108

Member Number:

Welcome, Jetsfan. I expect nothing less than a good, hard-hitting game. Should be fun.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
steelerage
Water Boy

Member Number: 17733

I agree that it's gonna be an entertaining game. Hope the Jets don't trash talk all week (Well maybe I do..it certainly worked well for the Ravens). I am optimistic because Pittsburgh seems to be very comfortable playing smashmouth. Real close game last time, but I hope we do better on special teams this time around. If we do, and take care of the ball, I like our chances.
steelerage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:30 PM   #5
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Member Number: 17609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan115 View Post
Wanted to come by for some friendly trash talk. 1st of all congrats on making it this far. I expect this to be another tough hard nosed football game. I think the 2 teams are very similar Both have talented pass catches, can pound the rock, and play defense. Should be a very entertaining game coming down to the last few plays like last time.

Thanks. And Congrats to your team as well. As much as I do think you have an advantage in the ST return area, I fail to find one other aspect of the game that the Jets have over us. Not Defense that's for sure. Not more experience. Not better coaching. Not better at QB that's really for sure. Our best two players on offense & defense were out of the first game. And Troy has a History of having huge first games against past USC QB's..( Look it up )

So, in your opinion, not withstanding fluke, Act of God errors by us, how do you see the Jets winning ?
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:30 PM   #6
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

Gonna be a far different game with #83 and #43 in the game this time around.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:30 PM   #7
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Welcome to the boards! We're happy to engage in some good football talk and good smack talk with you lol.

Keep the light stuff in the Steelers section though, and hard smack talk in the Blast Furnace....thanks!

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:32 PM   #8
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,035 Times in 494 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerage View Post
I agree that it's gonna be an entertaining game. Hope the Jets don't trash talk all week (Well maybe I do..it certainly worked well for the Ravens). I am optimistic because Pittsburgh seems to be very comfortable playing smashmouth. Real close game last time, but I hope we do better on special teams this time around. If we do, and take care of the ball, I like our chances.
I actually hope they do, it will make victory all the more sweeter
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #9
Jetsfan115
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17757

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Thanks for coming here for some discussion, no offense to your fanbase but a lot of (actually a vast majority of) Jets fans I come across are really arrogant trolls who are rude and refuse to have civilized discussions. Good to see there are exceptions

I'm really looking forward to this game and it should be a really good matchup, of course I will be rooting for my team but good luck to you as well
lol, every fan base has trolls. especially on the internet. I'm sure you guys have some too.
Thanks for the welcome. Should be an interesting game to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
Welcome, Jetsfan. I expect nothing less than a good, hard-hitting game. Should be fun.
Thanks

My breakdown

QB - Advantage Steelers - Sanchez is playing great ball but big ben has 2 rings and has proven to be clutch in big games and is more experianced
O-line - Jets - steelers o-line is banged up and wasn't great to begin with. jets are only down 1 starter and have a top 5 o-line
RBs - Jets Greene and LT make a better duo then moore and mendenhall. also t-rich is still a stud at F
WRs/TEs - Slight advantage jets. This was a really tough one to call and i wouldn't fault anyone for taking the steelers. but BE and holmes are a very string duo and hines ward looks like he's slowing down. wallace is a stud though. cochery is more proven and reliable then sanders as well and while miller is sure handed he doens't have the down-field ability of dustin keller

D-line - Even hampton is a stud NT but the rest of the line is average. same with the jets. pohua has doen well and ellis can be a stud at time.
LBers - Steelers - jets have great LBers but the steelers have the best group in the league. all 4 are studs
CBs - Jets revis and cro are the best set in teh league and the depth is good too
S - Steelers. pala is the best in the game, jets safties are average

Special teams- Jets, jets returners led the league in return average and our punter tied the NFL record for punts inside the 20. Our kicker is sketchy though.

Coaching???? i'd love to lean towards tomlin cause he has a ring, but rex's gameplan the past 2 weeks to confuse to HOFers is amazing. Ben is good but isn't on manning/brady level. This is a tough call so i won't make one lol
Old 01-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #10
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,560 Times in 3,153 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan115 View Post
Coaching???? i'd love to lean towards tomlin cause he has a ring, but rex's gameplan the past 2 weeks to confuse to HOFers is amazing. Ben is good but isn't on manning/brady level. This is a tough call so i won't make one lol
agree with most of your points except this. ben is every bit as good, actually I would go as far to say that ben is a better big-game qb than manning is.

also with ben he's much more unpredictable than brady and manning, it's much different to prepare for someone like him. if rex does the same thing to ben as he did in the last 2 games though, they deserve the sb.

also our WR's and TE's I think is an advantage to the steelers. If you don't know our 2 rookies you might find out soon. Heath miller is better than any TE the jets have which would at least even the playing field in that area.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote