Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #11
Jetsfan115
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 235
Member Number: 17757
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hello Steelers Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpalinhater View Post
Thanks. And Congrats to your team as well. As much as I do think you have an advantage in the ST return area, I fail to find one other aspect of the game that the Jets have over us. Not Defense that's for sure. Not more experience. Not better coaching. Not better at QB that's really for sure. Our best two players on offense & defense were out of the first game. And Troy has a History of having huge first games against past USC QB's..( Look it up )


So, in your opinion, not withstanding fluke, Act of God errors by us, how do you see the Jets winning ?
Absolutely. remember how that past crushed us 45-3 and nobody gave us a chance? the playoffs is a whole different animal and the steelers are gonna see a defense completely different to what we did the 1st time. rex has put together a gameplan to confuse brady and manning in back to back weeks

also how do you figure the injuries? you had ben, wallace, mendenhall, ward, sanders basically your whole offense. who were you missing?

on D you missed troy, but who else? i mean you had woodly, harrison, timmons, hampton, farrior. ALso try doens't look healthy. he got owned by ray rice last game. if he's playing on a bum foot he isn't teh same player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfreak58 View Post
Gonna be a far different game with #83 and #43 in the game this time around.
we will see. is it sunday yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Welcome to the boards! We're happy to engage in some good football talk and good smack talk with you lol.

Keep the light stuff in the Steelers section though, and hard smack talk in the Blast Furnace....thanks!
got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I actually hope they do, it will make victory all the more sweeter
lol, trash talk seems to work for the jets
[YOUTUBE]y5ETPoQuoog[/YOUTUBE]
__________________
Jetsfan115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #12
Jetsfan115
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 235
Member Number: 17757
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hello Steelers Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
agree with most of your points except this. ben is every bit as good, actually I would go as far to say that ben is a better big-game qb than manning is.

also with ben he's much more unpredictable than brady and manning, it's much different to prepare for someone like him. if rex does the same thing to ben as he did in the last 2 games though, they deserve the sb.

also our WR's and TE's I think is an advantage to the steelers. If you don't know our 2 rookies you might find out soon. Heath miller is better than any TE the jets have which would at least even the playing field in that area.
i know your 2 rookies. that combined for like 162 yards against the ravens. but the question is who do you trust more to come up with a big play. your 2 rookies or the guy that made the SB winning catch for your team now playing against for the jets against his former team?
__________________
Jetsfan115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #13
sarahpalinhater
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 458
Member Number: 17609
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hello Steelers Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan115 View Post
Absolutely. remember how that past crushed us 45-3 and nobody gave us a chance? the playoffs is a whole different animal and the steelers are gonna see a defense completely different to what we did the 1st time. rex has put together a gameplan to confuse brady and manning in back to back weeks

also how do you figure the injuries? you had ben, wallace, mendenhall, ward, sanders basically your whole offense. who were you missing?

on D you missed troy, but who else? i mean you had woodly, harrison, timmons, hampton, farrior. ALso try doens't look healthy. he got owned by ray rice last game. if he's playing on a bum foot he isn't teh same player



we will see. is it sunday yet?



got it



lol, trash talk seems to work for the jets
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5ETPoQuoog[/YOUTUBE]



How about the leagues BEST TE in the game, Heath Miller ? Or did you forget about him ? Not to mention we had all our other TE's out, or very injured. And Miller is Ben's safety valve target. Especially in the Red Zone area. And as for the playoffs being another thing, what, you think WE don't know that ? You think Ryan is better at formulating a defense then Dick Lebeau ?....
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:48 PM   #14
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,258
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 1,285
Thanked 4,614 Times in 1,979 Posts
Default Re: Hello Steelers Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan115 View Post
on D you missed troy, but who else? i mean you had woodly, harrison, timmons, hampton, farrior. ALso try doens't look healthy. he got owned by ray rice last game. if he's playing on a bum foot he isn't teh same player
I hope sanchez feels this way about troy, I really do lol.

2 notes, the steelers were playing troy deep the entire game, and flacco had nowhere to go with the ball, passing for only 125 yards. You don't think troy had anything to do with that?
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:52 PM   #15
Jetsfan115
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 235
Member Number: 17757
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hello Steelers Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpalinhater View Post
How about the leagues BEST TE in the game, Heath Miller ? Or did you forget about him ? Not to mention we had all our other TE's out, or very injured. And Miller is Ben's safety valve target. Especially in the Red Zone area. And as for the playoffs being another thing, what, you think WE don't know that ? You think Ryan is better at formulating a defense then Dick Lebeau ?....
i mentioned miller. best in the game? come on don't be a homer. he's not even close to what gates or witten is.

Also the jets have a dam good TE too

Keller has been in the league 3 years and has more yards and catches then miller has had in his 1st 3 years. also this season keller has more yards then miller has had in 5 out of his 6 years
__________________
Jetsfan115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:52 PM   #16
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,687
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,756
Thanked 2,395 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Hello Steelers Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan115 View Post
i know your 2 rookies. that combined for like 162 yards against the ravens. but the question is who do you trust more to come up with a big play. your 2 rookies or the guy that made the SB winning catch for your team now playing against for the jets against his former team?
My answer is, Mike Wallace.

[YOUTUBE]o6RzY7v5g_s[/YOUTUBE]
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #17
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,258
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 1,285
Thanked 4,614 Times in 1,979 Posts
Default Re: Hello Steelers Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan115 View Post
i know your 2 rookies. that combined for like 162 yards against the ravens. but the question is who do you trust more to come up with a big play. your 2 rookies or the guy that made the SB winning catch for your team now playing against for the jets against his former team?
brown delivered a clutch catch when the game was on the line. sanders has been responsible for key 1st downs on game winning drives. I've been watching these kids all year and they catch everything that's thrown to them for the most part.

santonio is a great player, no doubt. At this point in their careers yes he's better than our 2 new guys. However I'll take Wallace over Holmes in a heartbeat. Also I mentioned heath miller, he's no slouch, one of the best TE's in the league.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #18
Jetsfan115
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 235
Member Number: 17757
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hello Steelers Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
I hope sanchez feels this way about troy, I really do lol.

2 notes, the steelers were playing troy deep the entire game, and flacco had nowhere to go with the ball, passing for only 125 yards. You don't think troy had anything to do with that?
i'm sure he had an effect on it but he also whiffed on 1 ray rice tackle and got ran over for a TD by ray rice. Now he has to tackle this guy

[YOUTUBE]pE9mgLp1nAI[/YOUTUBE]
__________________
Jetsfan115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #19
sarahpalinhater
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 458
Member Number: 17609
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hello Steelers Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan115 View Post
i'm sure he had an effect on it but he also whiffed on 1 ray rice tackle and got ran over for a TD by ray rice. Now he has to tackle this guy

[YOUTUBE]pE9mgLp1nAI[/YOUTUBE]



Actually, Troy is not the greatest tackler in the world. He admits it himself. However, he is a HUGE Game-changing safety who is second to no one when it comes to reading a QB's eyes, and anticipating the pass. And at jumping the LOS to apply quick pressure on a QB. And if, IF you believe Troy had a bad game against Baltimore,,,what are the chances you think he will have 2 in a row ? Allow me to answer that on behalf of ASLL Steeler fans here....NONE! Not a chance in the world.
And Troy LOVES to terrorize USC QB's


So I would be VERY afraid if I were you.
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #20
Jetsfan115
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 235
Member Number: 17757
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hello Steelers Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
My answer is, Mike Wallace.

[YOUTUBE]o6RzY7v5g_s[/YOUTUBE]
Wallace is an absolute stud at WR. no doubt. but the jets are very good at CB. revis and cro are the best duo of starters and i really like our depth with lowery, coleman, wilson, and cole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
brown delivered a clutch catch when the game was on the line. sanders has been responsible for key 1st downs on game winning drives. I've been watching these kids all year and they catch everything that's thrown to them for the most part.

santonio is a great player, no doubt. At this point in their careers yes he's better than our 2 new guys. However I'll take Wallace over Holmes in a heartbeat. Also I mentioned heath miller, he's no slouch, one of the best TE's in the league.
wallace is a beast. and really fast but if you need a clutch catch in a tough time i want this guy over almost everyone

[YOUTUBE]_Xw8hpfWmIU[/YOUTUBE]
__________________
Jetsfan115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts