Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #21
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,963 Posts
Default Re: Hello Steelers Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan115 View Post
i'm sure he had an effect on it but he also whiffed on 1 ray rice tackle and got ran over for a TD by ray rice. Now he has to tackle this guy

[YOUTUBE]pE9mgLp1nAI[/YOUTUBE]
greene doesn't concern me as much as rice does. Rice is elusive so you can't really overcommit to a hit on him because he's capable of juking you. Not to mention that low center of gravity rice has makes him hard to knock over if you don't wrap him (something troy never does, he's not as hobbled as you think, that's how he always plays). I don't see greene doing that.

no doubt greene is a beast, but our linebackers can stop him.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #22
Jetsfan115
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17757

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpalinhater View Post
Actually, Troy is not the greatest tackler in the world. He admits it himself. However, he is a HUGE Game-changing safety who is second to no one when it comes to reading a QB's eyes, and anticipating the pass. And at jumping the LOS to apply quick pressure on a QB. And if, IF you believe Troy had a bad game against Baltimore,,,what are the chances you think he will have 2 in a row ? Allow me to answer that on behalf of ASLL Steeler fans here....NONE! Not a chance in the world.
And Troy LOVES to terrorize USC QB's

So I would be VERY afraid if I were you.
in no way am i diminishing how good of a player troy is. I think he's the best safety in the league but the jets have 2 very good WRs in BE and holmes and he can only help over 1. i expect sanchez to be smart and not challenge troy, same way i expect big ben to not challenge revis
Old 01-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #23
Jetsfan115
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
greene doesn't concern me as much as rice does. Rice is elusive so you can't really overcommit to a hit on him because he's capable of juking you. Not to mention that low center of gravity rice has makes him hard to knock over if you don't wrap him (something troy never does, he's not as hobbled as you think, that's how he always plays). I don't see greene doing that.

no doubt greene is a beast, but our linebackers can stop him.
greene isn't a big juker. he's gonna lower his shoulder and deliver a hit. LT is the juker and it'd be interesting to see if the rookie mcknight gets some touches
Old 01-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #24
Jetsfan115
Bench Warmer

Also if you guys turn the ball over as much as you did against Balt no way you win the game. you spotted them 21 points.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #25
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Quote:
wallace is a beast. and really fast but if you need a clutch catch in a tough time i want this guy over almost everyone

[YOUTUBE]_Xw8hpfWmIU[/YOUTUBE]
Wallace has magic of his own.

[YOUTUBE]r6vaR0nobrU[/YOUTUBE]
Old 01-17-2011, 02:04 PM   #26
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Quote:
greene isn't a big juker. he's gonna lower his shoulder and deliver a hit. LT is the juker and it'd be interesting to see if the rookie mcknight gets some touches
to be honest LT concerns me more than greene does. our defense does well against power runners but cutback runners sometimes kill us.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:04 PM   #27
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,389 Times in 1,118 Posts

Quote:
Wallace is an absolute stud at WR. no doubt. but the jets are very good at CB. revis and cro are the best duo of starters and i really like our depth with lowery, coleman, wilson, and cole.

wallace is a beast. and really fast but if you need a clutch catch in a tough time i want this guy over almost everyone

[YOUTUBE]_Xw8hpfWmIU[/YOUTUBE]
If you watch the Wallace video, the first clip they show is of him (as a rookie) making a tippy toe catch at the side of the EZ, with no time left on the clock, to tie the game with GB.

I'd say that's pretty clutch lol...and he was doing it at a time in his career when (conversely) Holmes was a nobody. I honestly think Wallace is as good as Holmes is right now, and is only going to get better. Sanders and Brown right now are just gravy. Those three guys are going to be huge in the next game, and many more to come.

I know the Jets have great backs...but you've got to cover everyone. Hines, Miller, Wallace, Brown and Sanders. They're all playing great right now.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #28
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
agree with most of your points except this. ben is every bit as good, actually I would go as far to say that ben is a better big-game qb than manning is.
Getting hit won't throw Ben off his game either. Brady looked like he was about to wet his pants yesterday.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #29
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 3,226 Times in 1,273 Posts

Quote:
Also if you guys turn the ball over as much as you did against Balt no way you win the game. you spotted them 21 points.
And still won against a far superior ratbird defense.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #30
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Member Number: 17609

Quote:
in no way am i diminishing how good of a player troy is. I think he's the best safety in the league but the jets have 2 very good WRs in BE and holmes and he can only help over 1. i expect sanchez to be smart and not challenge troy, same way i expect big ben to not challenge revis

First off, Ben totally abused Revis and Cromartie in game 1, or did you miss that ? And second, Troy never lines up on a single WR. It is Impossible to look at film on us and figure Troy out...Impossible. And Sanchez is horrible at reading defenses. We have great defensive talent for sure. But, our approach without Troy is 100 % different, and not as hard to disect. Trust me, the Jets coaching staff is scared stiff of Troy P.
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote