Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #61
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts
Default Re: Hello Steelers Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan115 View Post
they do this
[YOUTUBE]j9RfJwSkMU8[/YOUTUBE]
I don't know if our safeties do that but we have a wide receiver who has done "that" so often (sometimes to other team's safeties) that the league had to write a new rule so that wouldn't happen anymore.

He wears number 86 and he's a pretty good receiver too.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #62
azJETSfan
Water Boy

Member Number: 17766

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
3 times is normal for Ben...that is not "quite a bit". Ravens just sacked him 6 times last week, and look at all the good it did them.

You can't use the sack argument with him. No doubt they'll get to him, probably at least 4 times....that doesn't mean jack though unless it's on a 3rd down and they have to punt. Any other down and chances are he'll just complete a first down immediately (or shortly) after.
good point, but you cant compare the pigeons corners to ours. so those 3rd n long quick passes to the flat wont have the same yield. (sadly, I didnt get to WATCH the game, son got lit up in a wrestling match n hadda take em to the hospital....)but I can only imagine ward in the flat or 5 yrd out for 1st downs mostly (but do correct me if Im wrong on your conversions)
Old 01-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #63
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,467 Times in 2,323 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
they do this
[YOUTUBE]j9RfJwSkMU8[/YOUTUBE]
doing that to a WR, that's one thing.

do it to a 235 lb RUNNING BACK, that's when you know your safety has a set of STEEL balls

[YOUTUBE]6d3R5aVR4K0[/YOUTUBE]
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:33 PM   #64
Jetsfan115
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17757

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
I don't know if our safeties do that but we have a wide receiver who has done "that" so often (sometimes to other team's safeties) that the league had to write a new rule so that wouldn't happen anymore.

He wears number 86 and he's a pretty good receiver too.
hines ward isn't the receiver he once was he's the number 2 to wallace now and i don't think he'll have much of an impact. his biggest play in his career recently was fumbling and crying. I understand all the love you guys have for him for what he's done but i'm not worried about him at all. and his sense of style sucks lol
Old 01-17-2011, 05:36 PM   #65
Jetsfan115
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17757

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
The thing is, that Ben's style of play is going to get him sacked 3-4 times.. esp against a Rex Ryan defense but Ben's style is what I like to call the 'Barry Sanders effect." Sanders was one of the most dominant and explosive backs the NFL has ever seen, but he DID take many runs and yardage off of his career by running backwards to make a play happen.

Ben will get sacked, he will hold onto the ball, but expect him to make even MORE plays downfield with his elusiveness. He will go down, but he will also stand up, switch hands, stiff arm a backer, get out of the pocket and unleash a bitchin' ball for a big gain, one that sticks it right to the defense.
sanchez is very good at escaping pressure in his own right
Old 01-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #66
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
hines ward isn't the receiver he once was he's the number 2 to wallace now and i don't think he'll have much of an impact. his biggest play in his career recently was fumbling and crying. I understand all the love you guys have for him for what he's done but i'm not worried about him at all. and his sense of style sucks lol
I see your true colors are coming out. I'm sure you guys will be putting your FOOT in your mouths after Sunday.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #67
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts

Quote:
i don't think he'll have much of an impact. his biggest play in his career recently was fumbling and crying. I understand all the love you guys have for him for what he's done but i'm not worried about him at all. and his sense of style sucks
Again, you're picking the wrong battle. Ask Bart Scott about Hines Ward since he's played against him most of career and you'll change your tune a bit. Hines Ward is an absolute freak who relishes off these types of games. I expect Hines to do some talking with his pads Sunday, as always.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #68
azJETSfan
Water Boy

Member Number: 17766

Quote:
sanchez is very good at escaping pressure in his own right
And has been MUCH better at securing the ball. Dont count Sanchize out peeps (I know you may THINK he is the weak link) but he CONTINUES to grow & IMPROVE. He can & WILL show skills are UP.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #69
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,467 Times in 2,323 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by azJETSfan View Post
And has been MUCH better at securing the ball. Dont count Sanchize out peeps (I know you may THINK he is the weak link) but he CONTINUES to grow & IMPROVE. He can & WILL show skills are UP.
[YOUTUBE]se8ABHcq8g4[/YOUTUBE]
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #70
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by azJETSfan View Post
Yes, the skill of missing WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS. Fact of the matter is, is that Sanchez is still being protected, plain and simple.

You can't protect him this time in this game. The Steelers will make you one dimensional. If Sanchez was as in-accurate as he was in N.E, then he will be tortured all game. Those balls won't drop to the ground with Troy roaming, that's a fact.