Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-19-2011, 09:29 AM   #41
JiF
Banned

Member Number: 17497
Default Re: No way Sanchez comes in Pittsburgh and wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Sanchez barely did anything in that game. He ran a TD in and didn't throw to any Steelers players. That's about it lol.

The safety play and KO return is what won that game for the Jets.
Oh, so he didnt win in Pittsburgh with the Jets season on the line.

My bad.

Carry on.
JiF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #42
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,130 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiF View Post

My bad.

Carry on.
He won as part of the Jets team. He honestly didn't do anything that impressed me. His TD run was nice call...but it wasn't anything spectacular on his part, just a great play call. Kudos to the OC and the OL for that. That was the only TD the offense scored.

Pretty much what I'm saying is he did a good job at managing to not lose the game for them (by turning the ball over). Other than that, a fairly lackluster performance IMO. I was only impressed with the defense and special teams in that game.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:58 AM   #43
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:

My bad.

Carry on.
Do you also think Dustin Keller went into Pittsburgh and really helped win that game with his whopping 3 catches for 19 yards and 0 touchdowns? Just because somebody played in the game, doesn't mean they were really all that instrumental in the victory.

As SCM said, good play call on the QB bootleg for the TD. I'd give way more credit to your special teams, your defense for the safety and Matt Spaeth.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:34 PM   #44
JiF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
He won as part of the Jets team. He honestly didn't do anything that impressed me. His TD run was nice call...but it wasn't anything spectacular on his part, just a great play call. Kudos to the OC and the OL for that. That was the only TD the offense scored.

Pretty much what I'm saying is he did a good job at managing to not lose the game for them (by turning the ball over). Other than that, a fairly lackluster performance IMO. I was only impressed with the defense and special teams in that game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
Do you also think Dustin Keller went into Pittsburgh and really helped win that game with his whopping 3 catches for 19 yards and 0 touchdowns? Just because somebody played in the game, doesn't mean they were really all that instrumental in the victory.

As SCM said, good play call on the QB bootleg for the TD. I'd give way more credit to your special teams, your defense for the safety and Matt Spaeth.
Where you guys complaining when Big Ben was managing games in his first SB run?

A win is a win...and when you are a QB, you are judged on wins and losses. Give credit where its due...he came into a hostile environment and didnt turn it over...orchestrated a couple of scoring drives and got the Jets their first win in the state of PA. He did what he was asked to do.

Hopefully he does it again Sunday. Kids a gamer...he might not be very good, but he rises to the occasion.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #45
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Ben did more than manage games as a rook and in his second year. He had 17 TDs an 11 INTs in his first year, followed by 17 & 9 in his second. Also, I don't care how good your running game or your defense is... you don't win 15 games straight unless you have a solid quarterback. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't happen.

Sanchez, in contrast, threw 12 TDs and 20 INTs in his rookie year. His sophomore year has been much better (17 &13) but there's still room for improvement. However, he does deserve some credit for being able to beat Brady and Manning in the playoffs, there's no doubt. He has made major steps since his rookie year... I would say he's more than just a game manager at this point, but I would hesitate to call him a great QB... yet. He's on his way to getting there though. But on a lesser team, he would most likely not be in the playoffs yet.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #46
JiF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post
Ben did more than manage games as a rook and in his second year. He had 17 TDs an 11 INTs in his first year, followed by 17 & 9 in his second. Also, I don't care how good your running game or your defense is... you don't win 15 games straight unless you have a solid quarterback. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't happen.

Sanchez, in contrast, threw 12 TDs and 20 INTs in his rookie year. His sophomore year has been much better (17 &13) but there's still room for improvement. However, he does deserve some credit for being able to beat Brady and Manning in the playoffs, there's no doubt. He has made major steps since his rookie year... I would say he's more than just a game manager at this point, but I would hesitate to call him a great QB... yet. He's on his way to getting there though. But on a lesser team, he would most likely not be in the playoffs yet.
This is actually very interesting. I actually dont think Sanchez is very good. He's got an uncanny ability to show up in the biggest moments, but overall not very good.

But to say Big Ben was more than a game manager the first 2 years is very homerific. Ben didnt even attempt 300 passes in his first 2 season. Thats incredibly, incredibly low for this day in age.

Sanchez in his first year, threw 360 and this season, has 507 attempts.

Sanchez is being asked to do a significant amount more than Big Ben was asked to in his first 2 years. In fact, Big Ben has only attempt 500 passes once in his career.

Very interesting to think about for someone like me who is a harsh critic of Sanchez.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:07 PM   #47
TurkJetFan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17812

Jets Fans,

This is just another ****y delusional fan base to dissapoint this weekend.

-Turk
TurkJetFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #48
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,130 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Where you guys complaining when Big Ben was managing games in his first SB run?

A win is a win...and when you are a QB, you are judged on wins and losses. Give credit where its due...he came into a hostile environment and didnt turn it over...orchestrated a couple of scoring drives and got the Jets their first win in the state of PA. He did what he was asked to do.

Hopefully he does it again Sunday. Kids a gamer...he might not be very good, but he rises to the occasion.
I tend to agree with you about Ben. He was a game manager in the first couple years. Sanchez certainly has the potential to become more than that as well...I was just specifically talking about his last game. He didn't do anything to impress me other than not screw it up.

And no, outside of the playoff games in '05, I didn't look at it like Ben won those games (at least not in the sense that he won them by himself...some of them were won in spite of his play tbh).

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote