Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-19-2011, 09:34 PM   #211
GreeneMachine
Water Boy

Location: Long Island to Hilton Head Island to Tucson to Eau Claire
Member Number: 17770
Default Re: Hello Steelers Fans

Who would give you the most wins is how I would measure it. The most interchangable. The guy that no matter what situation would give you the best chance to win.
GreeneMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #212
GreeneMachine
Water Boy

Location: Long Island to Hilton Head Island to Tucson to Eau Claire
Member Number: 17770

The reason I ask this question is I want to see if you could answer this question from a football knowledge standpoint. You went right to what measurement (stat). That tells me you dont know football. Not everything is measurable in life nor in football. Have a good night.
GreeneMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:06 PM   #213
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,948 Times in 3,010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
not really sure what my feet has to do with anything...

i get it your attempting to make a rex funny...but come on..
JurkTetFan,

i like feet. i have pretty feet. do you have pretty feet too? i bet you do.

if not i am setting myself up for an "epic dissapointment'.

LMAO@ U & your coach U PERVs.

now chill out farking bootlicker
Old 01-19-2011, 10:07 PM   #214
pherein
Water Boy

Member Number: 17268

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeneMachine View Post
Who would give you the most wins is how I would measure it. The most interchangable. The guy that no matter what situation would give you the best chance to win.
That would be Brady. But your also forgetting NE, in its hay day was in a division with crappy teams. When were the Jets,dolphins or bills any good from 1995-2007?
or colts , when were the jaguars, texans, or titans any good in that period. The titans once I think.

They were both almost guarantied a division title, if they had a decent team.

Chargers win division almost every year, um against the raiders,broncos, and chiefs. Of course they do, then they enter the playoffs and get beat.

weak divisions. Its subjective. NE has never had a serious threat to the AFCE until Rex showed up. So , do you want to redefine your wins category?

We were in the 49ers and Montana's division, that guaranteed 2 wins:)
pherein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:26 PM   #215
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeneMachine View Post
If you want to use stats go ahead but anyone who really understands the game will say stats are fun to look at but at the end of the day you have to play the game. We did not play against the same teams at the same times ect.... Like I said there are too many variables to use stats to predict a game. If we could we would all be in Vegas winning millions.
i really understand the game.

lets get down to the nitty gritty. im gonna post some stats and since you dont like them, throw em out the window to be fair.

steelers have allowed 63 YPG in rushing this year. that is the 5th best in the entire history of the nfl. yet if you look at their past 3-4 playoff games they are allowing an astronomically low 40 yards per game.

what could possibly be reason? do they crank it up a notch come playoff time? of course not. this would imply they arent going all out during the regular season. their opposition simply tightens up when faced with the buzzsaw.

and this is from some pretty confident teams much more ****y than the jets, from the chargers to the ravens.

while they pucker up, the steelers are simply free flowing.

the steelers are a 'been there, done that' group with a "been there, done that" coach who says "we will go there again because that is the standard", despite what some newb coach proclaims on HBO's HARD KNOCKS.

thats great rex got to hold his daddys ring as a child. that, nor his words, dont mean shit come sunday.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:31 PM   #216
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pherein View Post
That would be Brady. But your also forgetting NE, in its hay day was in a division with crappy teams. When were the Jets,dolphins or bills any good from 1995-2007?

weak divisions. Its subjective.
in that timespan the colts were also in the AFC least. in that timespan the colts, jets, dolphins, and patriots all went 1-15 and earned the #1 pick in the draft.

if that isnt stone cold, hard evidence of sucktitude i dont know what is.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:09 PM   #217
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,527 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pherein View Post
How do you define the" best guy" without stats, please, refine. Is there a "best guy" feeling? a "best guy"color? a "best guy" walk?

Best arm = stats, best in pocket = stats, best comp % = stats. Your not making sense.

Is this a "best guy" because hes good a PS3? what defines "best guy" is ability and performance, um stats. Not talk , or hey I like you.

If I had to choose from only those 3, Id have to take Manning, check the leader boards.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/
If you would add Brees to that ID take him, hes beating most of their stats. That might seem like bias but its not Ill take a 69% accurate passer over a 54 % passer any day. Higher comp % means a QB is reading defenses better, goes threw his reads faster, and makes the right call more than not.
so by your logic , you'd prefer to have chad pennington over any other qb in history because he has the all time career highest completion percentage ?

1 pennington - 66 %
42 marino - 59.4 %

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:09 PM   #218
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,740 Times in 1,784 Posts

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:15 PM   #219
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,527 Times in 1,532 Posts

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:22 PM   #220
tony hipchest

^^^^i second this^^^^