Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-22-2011, 10:45 AM   #21
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Re: Obama: Go, Jets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Mods - any thought of moving this thread to the Locker Room?
I think it should be moved as well and for the reason that 43Hitman gave. I'm totally uninterested it talking about or reading about politics this weekend.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #22
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,137 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Sorry, but yeah...it's gonna have to go to the locker room. Nothing personal, but it has little to nothing to do with the Steelers and is just going to turn into an all out Obama flame fest.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #23
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Like a bunch of nazis patrolling, lol

Mods thought on moving this to the locker room, LOL

We have a president who many others voted for, picking the jets over the steelers. Why in the world would this be classified as locker room talk? Brother O is not going into the Steeler locker room, lol. this is steeler talk, not locker room(wahetev classifies something as locker room mumbo jumobo is beyond me, lol There must be a book on someplace on this.

I would prefer he stays a Bears fan than we can beat their ass'es in 2 weeks. Perhaps a bet with Boehner and Bro O?

You step down if the Steelers win? I'll step down if the Bears win!
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:05 AM   #24
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I didn't approve of his policies when he took office and I don't approve of this one either. Just goes to show he'll say whatever he needs to say to win over a crowd. I'm willing to bet if the coward was in the Pittsburgh area he would have said he was going for the Steelers.

Bottom line, if you want to lead you need to stand by your convictions! If I were the Rooney's I'd be asking for the jersey back that they gave him in 08.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:05 AM   #25
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post

We have a president who many others voted for, picking the jets over the steelers. Why in the world would this be classified as locker room talk? Brother O is not going into the Steeler locker room, lol. this is steeler talk, not locker room(wahetev classifies something as locker room mumbo jumobo is beyond me, lol There must be a book on someplace on this.

I would prefer he stays a Bears fan than we can beat their ass'es in 2 weeks. Perhaps a bet with Boehner and Bro O?

First of all, shame on you for even considering comparing the Mods to Nazi's. The things those people did were atrocious and their acts should NEVER be minimized. Secondly, all you have to do is read post 13 of this thread to see where its headed.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:08 AM   #26
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post

The Locker Room section of this forum is for political discussion, off topic threads and things of that nature. I'm not sure why it's that hard of a concept to understand.

How is Obama rooting for the Jets pertinent to Steelers discussion anyway...especially when it will (and has) turn into nothing but politics bashing?

It's not even your thread...why the hell do you care?

Oh, and thanks for comparing me to a nazi for moving a thread on a message board. Kudos to you guy.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #27
Steelerfan58
Water Boy

Member Number: 7300

Wow I did not think this site had heavy handed mods very disappointing. The President of the United States that claimed to be a Lifelong Steeler fan now says he is not, and this is not Steelers talk? If this is offending some individuals then In all fairness I would like to respectfully request that the mods remove all political oriented avatars and names that we see throughout the forum.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #28
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan58 View Post
Wow I did not think this site had heavy handed mods very disappointing. The President of the United States that claimed to be a Lifelong Steeler fan now says he is not, and this is not Steelers talk? If this is offending some individuals then In all fairness I would like to respectfully request that the mods remove all political oriented avatars and names that we see throughout the forum.
Heavy handed mods? Are you kidding? You've been here since '07...I'm assuming you know who the old mods were. They would have banned you for questioning them like this...after moving your thread here, where I feel it belongs for reasons already mentioned.

We've been letting people get away with murder this week.

I'll explain it to you again, then go back and read some of the posts so you get the picture a little bit more. This thread will turn into an Obama flame fest and has little to nothing to do with the Steelers. The main Steelers discussion forum is already cluttered enough, it doesn't need political flame-festing mixed in there.

And nobody is going to remove any avatars, names sigs whatever. You're taking this way too far and way too personally. If you don't like it, sorry...get over it.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #29
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan58 View Post
Dude you have 18 posts in 4 freaking years, and you want to tell the Mods how to do their job? Get over yourself.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #30
Steelerfan58
Water Boy

Member Number: 7300

So your saying it is ok for some people to be politically offended but not others? And how is that decision made? Because I have found some very offensive names and avatars that are political in nature throughout this site.

Also I disagree strongly that this is not Steeler related news. The NFL channel deemed it news worthy. You are honestly saying that the President is picking the jets to win over the Steelers is not Steeler worthy news?

So let me get this clear your are saying that if I start a tread and a few people make out of line comments then you have the right to move or delete my post based on random responses even though the initial post was valid and well within the context and rules of the discussion? That's Censorship plain and simple.