Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-22-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Questions for Ben Roethlisberger

Questions for Ben Roethlisberger
http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sp...lisberger.html
By: Mike Bires
Beaver County Times

Saturday January 22, 2011 11:47 PM

QUESTION What impresses you most about the Jetsí defensive success in the playoffs?

roethlisberger Literally everything, from their coverages to their blitzes to rushing two guys and getting sacks. It is truly amazing. They can go into Indianapolis and beat Peyton Manning and go to New England and beat Tom Brady, who are the two best quarterbacks in the game in my opinion. I donít know how I have a chance. Iím just going to have to try and get lucky and play the best I can.

QUESTION Do you think Darrelle Revisí reputation keeps quarterbacks from throwing in his direction, even when guys look to be open sometimes?

roethlisberger Absolutely. But then you get in trouble because you go to the other side and thereís (Antonio) Cromartie. Thatís why I say this whole defense is so good. Itís hard to single out one guy to stay away from because they have 10 other guys, and sometimes it seems like 15 other guys out there that you have to deal with. But to answer your question, absolutely, Revis is a stopper.

QUESTION Does your competitive nature tell you to challenge Revis?

roethlisberger As a competitor, you donít want to ever say you are scared of anybody or you donít want to go after someone. But youíve got to use your head. Being a competitor is being smart as well. Knowing how good he is and with all those other guys they have over there, you canít just be like, ĎForget that, Iím a competitor. Iím going after him. I donít care what happens.í You have got to be able to use your head and know when to attack and when not to.

QUESTION What did you think about the touchdown catch Santonio Holmes made last week in New England?

roethlisberger Unbelievable. I mean, thatís what he does. He makes plays.

QUESTION Because of your off-the-field troubles in March, do you feel in any way responsible for the Steelers trading Santonio (Holmes had several brushes with the law during his four years with the Steelers)?

roethlisberger Well, thatís probably a question for the front office, I think.

QUESTION Heath Miller didnít play against when the Steelers lost to the Jets on Dec. 19. How important is have him this time?

roethlisberger Itís huge. Heath Miller is the best tight end in the game. I donít want to take anything away from D.J. (David Johnson) or Matt Spaeth, who played well last time. But Heath Miller is a special player. Even when heís not getting the ball, he opens things up for the guys on the outside and heís a great safety valve for me.

QUESTION How did you develop the pump fake you use so much?

roethlisberger I have no idea. Honestly.

QUESTION Have you always had the pump fake?

roethlisberger I guess so. Iíve never really thought about it that much.

QUESTION Whatís it like having Bruce Arians as your offensive coordinator?

roethlisberger I have nothing but the utmost respect for Bruce, for the play calling, for him as a person. He is a mentor to me, a fatherly figure. He gets way, way too much blame and criticism, and he just kind of laughs about it. And itís kind of unfortunate because he is so good. If you ask the players, we know. If you ask someone that knows the game of football, they know how good he is and what heís done for this offense and what he brings. He gets criticized when last year we had two 1,000-yard receivers, a 1,000-yard rusher and a 4,000-yard passer. Thatís a pretty good offense. So I think he gets way too much heat, but because heís been coaching for so long and is such a good professional, he just lets it kind of roll off his sleeve and keeps moving forward. And thatís one of the (reasons) why we respect him and love him so much.

QUESTION For the last four years, the NFL has played a regular season game in London. How would you feel if the Steelers are chosen to play overseas?

roethlisberger Thatís a long flight. Iíve talked to some of the guys who have played over there. They say it is one of the most awesome things that they have gotten to do. If you didnít have to travel all that time with the long flight, it wouldnít be such a bad thing. I think it would be fun to go play in Ireland where Ambassador (and Steelers chairman emeritus Dan) Rooney is. That would be kind of fun.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote