Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Community > Introductions

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #21
BengalDestroyer
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16598
Default Re: packers fan in peace

The Packers are my Grandad's team, so I'm very pleased that they are both in it. Go Steelers!
BengalDestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:47 PM   #22
packfntk
Water Boy

Member Number: 14012

Hey boys, probably don't remember me but I came here last year before my buddies and I came to Pitt for the Packer game. We enjoyed ourselves, BESIDES THE END OF THE GAME!

But I also wanted to say good luck. I respect your team and tradition and I think your fans are right on par with Packer fans as far as passion. The NFL and media outlets couldn't have ended up with a better matchup for the SB.
packfntk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:50 PM   #23
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalDestroyer View Post
The Packers are my Grandad's team, so I'm very pleased that they are both in it. Go Steelers!
Ironic, I was very close with my Grandfather as well and he was a Packers fan. Everytime I seen the Packers logo, it reminds me of him. Good stuff, THEE best two franchise's poss in pro-sports.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:13 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,140 Times in 2,642 Posts

brett favre
Old 01-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #25
InTheShadowofLambeau
Banned

Member Number: 17927

Greetings....

Grew up, as my handle implies, "InTheShadowofLambeau" - small town Northeastern Wisconsin, 17 miles from Lambeau and 18 miles from Rocky Bleier's hometown of Appleton, WI. Matter of fact, his parents and mine were acquaintances and my parents frequented his parents' restaurant. I almost played ball at the same High School (Xavier in Appleton), but decided I wasn't exactly a parochial high school student, even though my father was a Deacon.

I tell that story because even though I've never met the guy ... his parents were good people, and, because of that, I was a fan of the Steelers in the 70's -- well that, and because the Pack sucked so bad back then that I needed a team to root for throughout the playoffs. Anyhow, I still have my Steelers scarf and have always considered them my second favorite team.

I too come in peace. Just not too big on talking crap at someone else's house. I will admit to opening up with a mighty keyboard if provoked...so be nice. I don't want to get banned here.

From what I've seen thusfar, I have to say that I'm impressed with the level of football knowledge the posters have here. Understand that we Packers fans are used to dealing with Vikings and Bears fans - so it may take us a little time to gear back up to a "human level". Things usually have to be pretty well dumbed down for Vikie and Bears fans.
InTheShadowofLambeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #26
MaidenIndiana
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10557
My Mood: Twisted

My brother used to live in Manitawoc which is right in the middle of Packerland, so I have nothing but the upmost respect for their fans. That being said I hope the Steelers turn the Cheeseheads into Cheese curds come Super Bowl Sunday
MaidenIndiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:58 PM   #27
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheShadowofLambeau View Post
Greetings....

Grew up, as my handle implies, "InTheShadowofLambeau" - small town Northeastern Wisconsin, 17 miles from Lambeau and 18 miles from Rocky Bleier's hometown of Appleton, WI. Matter of fact, his parents and mine were acquaintances and my parents frequented his parents' restaurant. I almost played ball at the same High School (Xavier in Appleton), but decided I wasn't exactly a parochial high school student, even though my father was a Deacon.

I tell that story because even though I've never met the guy ... his parents were good people, and, because of that, I was a fan of the Steelers in the 70's -- well that, and because the Pack sucked so bad back then that I needed a team to root for throughout the playoffs. Anyhow, I still have my Steelers scarf and have always considered them my second favorite team.

I too come in peace. Just not too big on talking crap at someone else's house. I will admit to opening up with a mighty keyboard if provoked...so be nice. I don't want to get banned here.

From what I've seen thusfar, I have to say that I'm impressed with the level of football knowledge the posters have here. Understand that we Packers fans are used to dealing with Vikings and Bears fans - so it may take us a little time to gear back up to a "human level". Things usually have to be pretty well dumbed down for Vikie and Bears fans.
We just had to deal with Jets fans this past week and Ravens fans the week before that...you guys will be a breath of fresh air!

Packers are by far my favorite team after the Steelers, always have been. I like all the NFC North teams (except for the Bears this year, cause I hate Cutler and the Vikes cause Favre annoys me anymore, I'd root for the Lions if they were ever any good), mostly because they play the same style of football as the AFC North. The Pack definitely have the best fans and best owners of any of them though!

Here's to a good game in two weeks!

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #28
caplovestroyp43
Team Captain

Member Number: 16490
My Mood: Angelic

Hello! Welcome aboard! I don't know too much about the Pack because I honestly don't follow them. I did like Bart Starr though. What a classy man!

That said, I DO know about Donald Driver and in many ways, he is as good as our Hines Ward. It should be a very interesting match up and trying to keep him covered and quiet during the game.

And then there is your QB. I have to say I know little about him; only thing I DO KNOW is he ain't nothing like Bret Farve. I can't STAND Bret!!

Good luck; I think this is going to be a great game. Just the thought of possibly winning a seventh ring is an awesome thought beyond belief.

"BIG MEN AND BIG BLADES OF GRASS..."
caplovestroyp43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #29
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,140 Times in 2,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheShadowofLambeau View Post
Greetings....

well if you dont wanna get banned i can assure that you wont.

we have always been welcoming to opponents fans at steelersfever, and its great to have respectful, knowledgable, members from a different fanbase.

in 05 and 08 we had a good number of seahawks and cardinals fans join. some joined just to thump their chest and tell us how we were gonna get our asses kicked, but for the most part it was great to have them. a few even remained active members for some time.

we love brett favre.

brett favre

i always figured a green bay/ steelers superbowl was just a matter of time (wasnt sure it would be this soon).

in 08, the steelers took on steelers west (AZ) when we faced our old offensive coach and multitude of players. its only fitting this time we get to face our old defense.

i always pulled for the panthers when dom capers, greg lloyd, kevin greene, and barry foster left here just like i pull for all the ex steelers to do well in green bay.

just not in 2 weeks.

if the steelers season does end with a loss, atleast its not to the likes of the jets, ravens, patriots, cowboys, and to a respectable franchise instead.

all you packerfans enjoy your visit to SF.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:11 AM   #30
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

It's weird but I am with everyone else for the most part. I could not stand losing to the likes of the New York Giants (what a bunch of douches in New York), Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, (notice a theme here) but the Packers are not objectionable so if we did lose to them I would not fret for weeks on end. Of course, I think Ben will find a way to win this game because that is what he does.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote