Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Community > Introductions

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-24-2011, 10:02 PM   #1
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302
Default Super Bowl Ticket Contests & Advice

I know there is a thread about what to do in Dallas and if the mods think this should be merged, go right ahead.

My father and I are considering going to Dallas for the Super Bowl. We're not crazy about spending $2500 on tickets but we have no problem going and trying our luck knowing we may miss out. Has anyone gone and done this and had success or is it better to buy and then go? We're hoping to score some for less than the prices on stubhub.com and the like.

I'm basically looking for ticket logistical advice not necessarily Dallas advice. I have family in the area so don't need to worry about hotels, parking etc. just tickets. Thanks!!
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:17 PM   #2
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Member Number: 17609
Default Re: Super Bowl Advice

If you go, do me a favor, if that Azteca reporter, Ines Sainz is there, and wearing a wedding dress like other Azteca female reporters have done in the past...PLEASE did a hole in a secure place and Bury her Before she tries to get another 15 minutes of fame by saying Ben grabbed her A$$!

Thanks
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:20 PM   #3
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

I was scheduled to go to Tampa two years ago with 2 friends of mine. Three days before the game I had a family emergency and had to cancel, so they went without me. They were both able to score tickets, but just barely. They said there were not that many available at all, at least not many being sold by people they felt comfortable approaching. They said there were quite a few shady characters hawking tickets, but they didn't think they were authentic.

Anyway, they got two tickets for $3000 in one of the endzones. I never looked up the prices myself after they got back, but they both told me they did and only ended up saving about $200.

If I was doing it again this year I would buy in advance for two reasons. One is a guarantee of authenticity, and two is that I just wouldn't be confident enough that I'd save that much money.

Just don't get mad at me if you buy in advance and then see tickets in the parking lot for 800 bucks.

Tickets for SB43 were suprisingly cheap and kept getting cheaper, that much I remember. And still they only saved $200. One of the guys grew up working in his father's pawn shop, so I don't think it was a lack of negotiation skills.

With two of the most popular franchises in the game this year, I don't see tickets dropping as much as they did then. I even found an article about the tickets two years ago:

http://www.ticketnews.com/news/Ticke...-will-go109291

Maybe someone else can offer better advice?
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:39 PM   #4
ktm5411
Water Boy

Member Number: 10460

I went to Dallas and the guy staying in the hotel room next to us was trying to scalp a ticket and said that he couldn't find one anywhere. He ended up catching the game at the NFL Experience on the jumbotron and partying after. He said it was still worth the trip though.
ktm5411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #5
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Not gonna merge it, but I'm gonna change it to say "ticket advice" and sticky it, cause I'm sure you're not the only one who will be looking for a good deal!

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:01 PM   #6
FrancoForever
Water Boy

Member Number: 17930
Default Re: Super Bowl Ticket Advice

Anyone have advice on getting tickets to the parties taking place during Super Bowl week. I head that Playboy, Penthouse and Maxim throw these amazing parties but it is difficult to get tickets. The only good site I found is supersundayhq.com and that is it so far. Any suggestions? Anyone ever gone to a Super Bowl party before?
FrancoForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:10 AM   #7
bigbenz
Water Boy

Member Number: 17908

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm5411 View Post
I went to Dallas and the guy staying in the hotel room next to us was trying to scalp a ticket and said that he couldn't find one anywhere. He ended up catching the game at the NFL Experience on the jumbotron and partying after. He said it was still worth the trip though.
I would do what I can to be at the game. There is no facility like the cowboys new stadium.
bigbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:41 PM   #8
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Free Tickets probably won't get you in ?
:)
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:48 AM   #9
steelcurtain71
Water Boy

Member Number: 17962

There is a pretty good post on a blog below and think they are tracking the daily prices and number of tickets out there.

http://sportsonadime.com/306/will-su...et-prices-drop
steelcurtain71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #10
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 1,968 Times in 892 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
If you go, do me a favor, if that Azteca reporter, Ines Sainz is there, and wearing a wedding dress like other Azteca female reporters have done in the past...PLEASE did a hole in a secure place and Bury her Before she tries to get another 15 minutes of fame by saying Ben grabbed her A$$!
take some pics before you do that though
fer522 is offline   Reply With Quote