Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
TailgateMel
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8498
Default Your welcome....

You are all welcome, you can thank me personally for the win.

I am convinced the reason why we were able to get the two third down conversions at the end of the game and seal the deal was because I was at the game, and I made a "rally cap" by putting my toboggan hat on inside out and backwards and said the hail mary.

But.. just for fun, post up what YOU did to seal this win for the steelers, post your silly superstition you were doing DURING the game to help bring the winning mojo to the steelers... keep it to things you did DURING the game (we already had a thread on here before about other prep superstitions).

(oh and I apologize for the misspelling in the thread title)

Mel

100% Certified Grade-A SteelerChick
TailgateMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:27 AM   #2
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173
Default Re: Your welcome....

It's not really a mojo bringing back superstition that I have but I do have a set of clothes that I always wear on game day. When we won our last Super Bowl, I always wore a gold Steelers stencil t-shirt with a throwback Polamalu jersey over that and wore my Steelers winter hat that I bought in 2005 right around the time we went on that incredible road trip. Think it was right after we lost to Cincy in the regular season. Now, I wear a black Steelers t-shirt as an undershirt with a home Roethlisberger jersey and a Steelers baseball hat that is green for St. Patrick's day that I ordered off the official website. Oh and of course, my terrible towel. It's silly I know but it seems to work. I admit it, I'm superstitious in football. What's funny is I am not superstious at all in baseball or basketball. Maybe I should start.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,475 Times in 1,147 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Our cat. He is black with gold eyes...so that's already a lucky charm. But he is undefeated when he watches the games with us, even though he demands a large quantity of treats during said game...we have a system for when he gets them too. One when a 3rd down is converted, for a FG and for every time Tomlin chest bumps a player. Two for TDs, INTs and returns for TDs. Three for INTs returned for TDs.

He was a very happy kitty on Sunday lol. We appreciate his mojo.

My daughter also made the game winning guarantee. During the second half I was getting ticked off and frustrated and she just looked at me, put her hand on my shoulder and said in her most serious tone "Don't worry Mom, they're still going to win. The Jets suck."
Old 01-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
SteelerChick
Water Boy

Member Number: 1419

Oh, we have so many of them!

My husband and I ..and our four kids have to sit in the same seats from the start of the game until the end. If anyone moves from that spot and something goes wrong, you are chastised for messing with the mojo and sent back to your seat.

From the playoffs on, whatever snacks we have must be duplicated for each game. No deviations!

One game I wasn't home at kick off. I came in late to watch the game, and the Steelers started playing poorly. I was banished from the room for the rest of the game! (no joke! LOL)

An extra Harrison jersey is hanging over a picture behind our couch. It will stay there until after the Super Bowl.

IT's all in good fun..but I have to say...we are a bit superstitious and would hate to single handedly lose a game for our team!
SteelerChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,198 Times in 476 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

my part was i did not bet on them nor did i go see them live
i have nver won a bet on them and i have seen them live five times....all losses
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:00 PM   #6
TailgateMel
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8498

I could have had a ticket for my good friend to come in the game with me, but the only two games she came into this year, we lost (Jets & Pats)... the other ones she watched at Mullen's on the North Shore.. so she watched it again from Mullen's. Her husband said to her "please don't take this the wrong way, but, stay the F*** out of Heinz field"....

100% Certified Grade-A SteelerChick
TailgateMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
saveus1011
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14643

My Playoff Ritual.

That is all.
saveus1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:12 PM   #8
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
Thanked 1,014 Times in 533 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Our cat. He is black with gold eyes...so that's already a lucky charm. But he is undefeated when he watches the games with us, even though he demands a large quantity of treats during said game...we have a system for when he gets them too. One when a 3rd down is converted, for a FG and for every time Tomlin chest bumps a player. Two for TDs, INTs and returns for TDs. Three for INTs returned for TDs.

He was a very happy kitty on Sunday lol. We appreciate his mojo.

My daughter also made the game winning guarantee. During the second half I was getting ticked off and frustrated and she just looked at me, put her hand on my shoulder and said in her most serious tone "Don't worry Mom, they're still going to win. The Jets suck."

Aren't kids just great. They have that way of putting things in the perfect perspective at the most profound times. Gotta love the kids.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:34 PM   #9
billym99
Water Boy

Member Number: 11477

I went!!! I've been to the last three Steelers playoff games, all wins. I kind of feel like I'm their lucky charm

Have yet to see the Steelers lose @ Heinz Field. Only live game I saw them lose was 2007, last game of the season in Baltimore... mostly backups were playing, Pittsburgh was clinched and the Ravens season was over.
billym99 is offline   Reply With Quote