Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 01-25-2011, 01:59 PM   #31
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: a slap in Santonio Holmes face

[
Santonio was no saint while he was here
But if Ben can stay so can Santonio

No. you're dead wrong. There was a WHOLE laundry list of things Holmes did on and off the field with Pittsburgh that set the stage for his release. It wasn't "just the pot bust" which is what most people say who have no idea of what they're talking about.
once AGAIN....you guys seem to be tone-deaf. WE DON"T WANT him here. He's better off in NY. And we're better off with our 3 young kick-ass receivers.
If you like him so much, be thankful you have him on your team, instead of coming in here b*tching and moaning that we "released" him.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #32
UF-Steeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 12845
Default Re: a slap in Santonio Holmes face

I don't understand the defense of Holmes. Why do people feel they need to defend him? I don't like the guy and I don't think he sets a good example for anyone that views him as a role model on or off the field. Also, I'm tired of the "Well, you kept Ben argument."

First off, Santonio wrote his own ticket out of town. Not only did he have multiple issues off the field, his bullshit 'look at me' antics on the field didn't redeem much. He has an attitude and I don't think that attitude is deserved. I appreciate that he helped us win a Super Bowl and made a pretty fantastic catch, but it wasn't all him. He made plays, but that's what he is paid to do. It's not like he went the extra mile, he's no Troy off the field and he makes a lot of money to catch footballs.

Secondly, the Ben argument is ludicrous. Football is a business and you don't get rid of something you invest 100 million dollars in because he was accused of doing something. It's not like Ben took no heat, the guy still takes abuse from the media and a lot of fans. Ben still has time to prove he is different, but when you look your boss in the eyes and tell him you're going to change, you better do it or it's your last straw no matter how good you are. Ben is on a short leash and I don't think what he was accused of was enough to get rid of him. Plus he's not even close to as expendable as Santonio Holmes is and was.

Santonio has shown nothing but bad character everytime we have played against him. Why does he have to stop the game, put the spot light on him, and take 5 seconds to drop a damn ball after every catch? It's garbage and if the Jets weren't such boisterous dumb asses, they would've curbed it awhile ago. That said, I don't miss Santonio Holmes at all. He's a good wide receiver, but it was a good move to get rid of him.
UF-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote